Notices

ants in the car

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2006, 07:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That same thing happened to me about a month ago. The funny thing is that I don't eat inside my car! My RA wagon was parked at our home garage for 2 weeks. It was raining almost every day during that month. Well...down here we have some small ants: we call them "Albaricoque Ants" or "Sweets ants", they just love to eat sweet things and hide in dark & dry places.

Somehow my mother put a bag of openend Pepsi & 7up cans touching my rear bumper. And guest what: a full colony of about 2,000 ants invaded my wagon!

When I saw those little critters all over the Wagon body I tried to kill them...first using my hands (lol...like I small child...crushed em with my hands). The next day more of them came out of nowhere! I washed the wagon and then I used some spray around the dark triming of the car (were they used to show up). After 4 days they still were showing up: That called for an all out war!

I washed the wagon 2 times, then I inspected all the doors and interiors. They got 2 colonies: at the door sill plastic triming (when I took the driver door trimming almost 800 of them were living there) and another one at the lower rear side glass trimming. Also some of them were living at the door rubber seals! I cleaned those places and put some ant killer there. At the end after 5 days I won that battle...but they are out there...the war is not over yet!

Last edited by ThyPunko_PR; Aug 25, 2006 at 09:16 AM.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bigdoggy_dog
I had a problem with spiders living in my dash a couple months ago. And I'm not talking about little ones either. These bastards were big black and white scary b*tches. I almost got in an accident one day when one decided to crawl out and go for a walk while I was driving. Scared the **** out of me.
LOL

I remember somethig that happened to me some years ago. I used to work with a friend that got an AE86. We got out of work and he was driving on the highway back to our homes. My friend and I were talking about some bikes (we worked at a bicycle shop) then suddenly out of nowhere he start to scream and say something about his leg!

He almost crashed the car...but he was able to stop ok! When I turn on the dome light to check what was causing all this I saw a tiny, slimmy cold tree frog (called "Coqui") on his leg!

That was funny as hell! LOL I trapped the small frog and made fun of him all the way to our homes! Now he never let his door glass opened back at his house!

Last edited by ThyPunko_PR; Aug 25, 2006 at 07:59 AM.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

drop your glove box door, remove the cabin air filter... they like to nest in that area... Clean it out and get a new filter...