Notices

eyelids driving me crazy...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2006, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by reTro
hey retro, just wondering. i can see the pics of the carbon fiber eyelids, but would u say that they are much better looking in person? they dont look as cheap as the fiberglass ones, but then again in certain angles u can hardly notice them.

also if anybody wants to buy my fiberglass eyelids, i will most likely be selling them. they are silver and pretty much in perfect condition (i was too ashamed to even put them on my car). or if anyone has a pair of carbon fiber ones they wanna sell or trade for, pm me. thanks

Last edited by samj601; Sep 10, 2006 at 04:49 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a Fan of the eyelids I like the headlights, designed for the car!
Old Sep 10, 2006, 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blair_london
Not a Fan of the eyelids I like the headlights, designed for the car!
do you really?>

i really don't like our ra's headlights how they shape across and not straight across
Old Sep 10, 2006, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

retro your car looked better in the frist pic shouldn't have changed it and on the looks of the lights i like the ralliarts they sure are different, bug eyed and ready to rip it up.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 08:54 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
looks good to me i have the cf hood and cf eyelids ,it looks nice together.........
Old Sep 11, 2006, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

i think the black projector heads make the most out of the headlight shape. think it makes the car look alot better.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ikeing
retro your car looked better in the frist pic shouldn't have changed it and on the looks of the lights i like the ralliarts they sure are different, bug eyed and ready to rip it up.
The painted lids looked OK from certain angles, but up close, YUCK!!!

I got rid of the Evo wing for a couple of reasons. First, my car started to look too much like an Evo. Many people thought it was, and I had nothing under the hood to back it up. Second, I was pulled over a total of 3 times in about 8 months with this wing on just to see "what I was up too". And last, which probably relates to my previous reason, the deck of the wing blocks the headlights of the cars behind you making it impossible to see the Crown Vics!!!

Maybe if I came across a REAL Evo wing now, I'd consider it again, but the RalliArt Evo wing is a little thicker and looks too big on our cars.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 04:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by reTro
The painted lids looked OK from certain angles, but up close, YUCK!!!

I got rid of the Evo wing for a couple of reasons. First, my car started to look too much like an Evo. Many people thought it was, and I had nothing under the hood to back it up. Second, I was pulled over a total of 3 times in about 8 months with this wing on just to see "what I was up too". And last, which probably relates to my previous reason, the deck of the wing blocks the headlights of the cars behind you making it impossible to see the Crown Vics!!!

Maybe if I came across a REAL Evo wing now, I'd consider it again, but the RalliArt Evo wing is a little thicker and looks too big on our cars.
Im with you on this^^
Old Sep 11, 2006, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
So what is the point of these "eyelids"? Do they actually have a function, or is it just to see who can add more useless crap to their car to make that whip look tight, yo.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
sorry, u have an evo so u wouldnt understand the intracasies behind owning a car such as the ralliart, yo.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 05:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
So what is the point of these "eyelids"? Do they actually have a function, or is it just to see who can add more useless crap to their car to make that whip look tight, yo.
Well, I dont know but...if your evo had our headlights... maybe you will be posting diferently.

. . . _ _ _ . . .
Old Sep 11, 2006, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Hmmm. . . guess I thought they were the same. Anyway, what are they really for? Are they supposed to make the headlight look smaller or narrower from far away? I know they must do something, because I've seen them on JDM EVO race cars with full C-West body kits ($$$). Those Japanese guys wouldn't put something on their cars just to rice it out would they?

EVOlutionary
Old Sep 11, 2006, 07:38 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Hmmm. . . guess I thought they were the same. Anyway, what are they really for? Are they supposed to make the headlight look smaller or narrower from far away? I know they must do something, because I've seen them on JDM EVO race cars with full C-West body kits ($$$). Those Japanese guys wouldn't put something on their cars just to rice it out would they?

EVOlutionary
They are really for making the headlights not look so big and "meaner". Otherwise they're useless.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

You are correct, no function, just useless crap to make it "look" better...well different at least.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

EVOlutionary
Are you telling me that you have never seen a r/a or a base lancer ? By the way "r/a" means ralliart.

Quick Reply: eyelids driving me crazy...