Notices

eyelids driving me crazy...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2006, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Just messin with you guys. Don't know where all the sarcasm is coming from today.

I've seen lots of lancers, just never really paid much attention to the headlights. I'll check one out at the dealership tomorrow.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
most evo guys usually come in and degrade us lower-level ralliart owners. at first it souncded like u were doing the same.

Last edited by samj601; Sep 11, 2006 at 08:30 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by samj601
most evo guys usually come in and degrade us lower-level ralliart owners. at first it souncded like u were doing the same.
Nah, it's a good car with a good motor. Seen quite a few do well at the autocrosses too.

I'm just not really into adding anything to my car solely for looks. I'm sure you can find a couple things that are on my car just for the "bling" effect, but in general - if it doesn't make it faster, handle better, more reliable, etc, I don't really see much point.

After all, most aftermarket appearance enhancements have trickled down from racing. People want to make their car look more sporty and more like a race car. Spoilers, wings, body kits, carbon fiber accents, etc. But, unlike on real race car, most of these things are completely non-functional. Don't matter if it is a cheap car or an exotic. If someone puts a 2" Sparco 4pt harness in thier Ferrari I'll kick em in da nutz.

EVOlutionary
Old Sep 11, 2006, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eyelids > Focus/Accord headlights.

Love mine, looks good on black.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i have to admit they do look better on certain colored cars. got anymore angles or pics? i know u do
Old Sep 11, 2006, 10:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks good at certain angle... I'll pass on this mod... I can't lose any lighting with deers everywhere !

Old Sep 12, 2006, 06:16 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Last edited by lanzerralliart; Sep 12, 2006 at 06:22 PM.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 06:28 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by samj601
Nah, the Michigan Evo guys don't have any hate for the Lancers. There's too few imports here, so we all gotta get along.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lanzerralliart
I still saw it......Nice try though.

I like my eyelids the way they are................ over my eyes.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 06:54 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yeah wel,l i changed it because, like most people i didn't read the entire post before stating my view .....but other wise it's all true...........
Old Sep 13, 2006, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by someone
...........well they don't really have a function, kinda like the vinyl you have on your side skirts or like the painted writing on your intercooler, but at least they don't look retarded like the overhang you have from your 18x10's ....hows that gas mileage?
I know this was posted before reading the whole thread, but I still need to point out a couple thing "for the record".

At first glance, these observations are right-on. Most cars with things such as graphics, stickers, wheels that stick out too far, are misguided attempts to make a car look cool or fast. On my car, however, everything mentioned is 100% functional.
  • stickers - I try to support and promote companies who have treated me well and/or produce superior products. Because I race my car regularly, some stickers are required to be on the car for SCCA sanctioned racing events to support the event sponsors.
  • intercooler with AMS logo on it - comes stock that way. Just like my EVO with a badge that says EVO. Or a Recaro seat embroidered with "RECARO". Not meant to be flashy, just comes that way.
  • Wheels and tires - when did you see my car with the 18x10's on it? I am not quite sure what you mean by "overhang"? They do not stick out past the widest point of the fenders. Under compression they tuck up inside the fenders - not like the homies driving around with the 13" wire spoke wheels that stick out 6" on each side of the car. This tire/wheel setup is the absolute largest you can fit on without rubbing on the shock bodies, trailing arms, fender liners, etc. Remember, the wider tire, the more grip, the faster you can take a corner, the more races you win.
  • Gas mileage - gets better gas mileage than my 2 trucks and my Supra. Still not too bad for a car that is ~450-500hp at the crank . . .
Sometimes it's hard to really know what is there for a purpose, and what it just stupid crap bolted on because some company tells us it's "cool". It pays for us to be wary consumers. . .

EVOlutionary
Old Sep 14, 2006, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

Eyelids are great concept if they fit well and it wasnt so obvious that they were a couple of items taped to your headlights. I way rather have the shape they try to create than the focus style headlights going up the hood. so if anyone has the kind that dont look cheap and fit well please let me know, i got mine from accolade ( not to mention my ralliart is phoenix red and the dealership painted them rally red )
Old Sep 14, 2006, 09:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
Sometimes it's hard to really know what is there for a purpose, and what it just stupid crap bolted on because some company tells us it's "cool". It pays for us to be wary consumers. . .
EVOlutionary
+1 all the way