Notices

Do you smell what the Rock is cookin Part 3

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2006, 03:59 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave@Accolade
I would go RPW if I was in Australia.. they are like the Elite tuning company..

If in the USA look at A2 Designs, or RPW and A2 mix etc.

I know that Philip aka Prench is cookin up a feast, he should be announcing new products for the ralliart.

www.***********.com according to the site lots in store!!
I would think it'd be a conflict of interest for you to represent both RPW and A2.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 08:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know that Philip aka Prench is cookin up a feast, he should be announcing new products for the ralliart.

www.**********.com according to the site lots in store!!
You guys are a group of ELite tuning companies alright.

Sorry, this is the first I see of this thread. After my second back surgery at the end of Oct. I have not been finding every thread. To answer a few questions, RA lips seem to be fitting the 06 with minor mods. See the thread by K3LV. Turbo automatics are out and running! We will have our hands on the new Lancer soon. I am actually thinking about parting out our turbo RA!

ROAD/RACE

Last edited by ROCK; Dec 12, 2006 at 09:31 AM.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ROCK
You guys are a group of ELite tuning companies alright.

Sorry, this is the first I seen of this thread. After my second back surgery at the end of Oct. I have not been finding every thread. To answer a few questions, RA lips seem to be fitting the 06 with minor mods. See t hread by K3LV. Turbo automatics are out and running! We will have our hands on the new Lancer soon. I am actually thinking about parting out our turbo RA!

ROAD/RACE
"parting out our turbo RA" .....mmmm
Old Dec 12, 2006, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No matter where I live. If you'd put both RRM's and RPW's turbo kit on a table, I'd take RPW's and never look back.

People should stop requesting product and look around to find that other companies with great background may already have that requested part.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

www.**********.com according to the site lots in store!!
Nice thread jack . Are they like the elite tuning company or are they the elite tuning company? I have respect for what they do over there, but not my first choice since RRM is right here in the USA and been tuning forever.
Never heard of A2 designs....are they new? What have they done before? Are they fabricators or just distributors like yourself?

Originally Posted by ROCK
We will have our hands on the new Lancer soon.
A little OT....but any idea what the new Ralliart will be like?
Old Dec 12, 2006, 11:51 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Keep this thread civil or it will be trashed.

Last edited by Kurt; Dec 12, 2006 at 11:54 AM.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 12:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Yea lets get back on track. A small birdwalk though about RRM. We have built SEMA cars for MMNA for the last 6 years by their request. They give us dollar cars and we RACE their cars. That puts us in pretty elite company. I will not speak to the others but yes it was a great thread jack.

Thanks Kurt for getting it back on track though.

ROAD/RACE
Old Dec 12, 2006, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

How about some group buy on something??? Any guys down?? I'm thinking about a package - SRI, pulley, and piggy. Some nice amount for those 3 and im down to buy them
Old Dec 12, 2006, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

what about an oversized throttle body? no one makes that for our cars right?
Old Dec 12, 2006, 08:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by samj601
what about an oversized throttle body? no one makes that for our cars right?
Fly by wire t.b. holds us back from doing an oversized t.b.

ROAD/RACE
Old Dec 13, 2006, 02:33 AM
Evolved Member

I think our 1st gen RA days are numbered . Rock might need a different cookbook now. I think the NEW model is going to sell better and have more aftermarket support. The fact that it has a factory turbo and all the plumbing is laid out will make it easy to just swap/upgrade parts.

I see many of the same upgrades that current Evo's enjoy for the next RA.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 03:12 AM
Evolved Member

^ You are probably right there about days being numbered... I have been reading a number of different editorials about which engine we could be looking at some say it will be a 4?11 or 4?12... so it is still hard to say if it will be a DOHC or SOHC and they are still saying that it could still be the 4G69 mivec.... I think one thing that will be certain is that the factory ecu will not be a push over for accepting mods to it - not cheaply anyway

But no matter what new car they bring out there will be a very good market for the RA as a second hand car and those that have picked up a 2 year old R.A will be still wanting to modify it as it will be a cheap option for them... but I dare say we will start seeing more turboed cars out there
Old Dec 13, 2006, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chowetime
^ You are probably right there about days being numbered... I have been reading a number of different editorials about which engine we could be looking at some say it will be a 4?11 or 4?12... so it is still hard to say if it will be a DOHC or SOHC and they are still saying that it could still be the 4G69 mivec.... I think one thing that will be certain is that the factory ecu will not be a push over for accepting mods to it - not cheaply anyway

But no matter what new car they bring out there will be a very good market for the RA as a second hand car and those that have picked up a 2 year old R.A will be still wanting to modify it as it will be a cheap option for them... but I dare say we will start seeing more turboed cars out there
I agree with the speculation of more turbo'd "first gen" RA's.

Replace your 4?11 and 4?12 with B.....4B11 and 4B12. The 4B11 is the 2.0L, and I believe the 4B12 would be a 2.3 or 2.4L. Not sure about the cam configuration at this point....no real information yet.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 07:56 AM

OK, when you talk about engine codes like 4B12 and 4G69 what do those numbers and letters represent?

Yes...noob question
Old Dec 13, 2006, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Wikipedia is your friend.
From Wikipedia:
Mitsubishi engines designed since 1970 use a four-digit naming convention:

The first (digit) signifies the number of cylinders; "2" = straight-2, "3" = straight-3, "4" = straight-4, "6" = V6, "8" = V8.
The second (letter) formerly referred to the fuel type; "D" = diesel, "G" = gasoline. However, since the 1980s, this has changed. Two engine families were introduced using the letter "A" to denote that all the engines in the family had an alloy cylinder head. Their latest engines, however, do not follow any previous conventions (e.g. 4M4x, 3B2x, etc).
The third (digit) previously denoted the engine family. Four of the "4Gxx" straight-4 engine families had distinct names; "4G1" = Orion, "4G3" = Saturn, "4G5" = Astron, "4G6" = Sirius.
The fourth (digit) is the specific engine model within the family. It is not a guide to its place within that family, nor is it a guide to the capacity of the engine.
There may also be supplementary letters after the initial four characters. "T" can indicate that the engine is turbocharged (e.g. 4G63T), "B" that this is the second version of the engine (e.g. 4G63B). Where engine codes are used which include the supplemental letters, the first digit denoting the number of cylinders may be omitted, so 4G63T may be seen as G63T.

Quick Reply: Do you smell what the Rock is cookin Part 3