Notices

Smoking in your RA?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2007, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smoking in your RA?

Now I am a smoker and just wanting to know who all smokes in their car.. I have a few times but want to know why smoking in your car is bad. (i dont use the ashtray i just have my window down and ash out the window) and seeing how this is a general discussion thread i thought it would be fine to post it here.

What is the major downside to smoking in your car?
Old Jun 7, 2007, 11:59 AM

well the person who owned my car 1st was a smoker, the headliner is discolored, there are burns on the carpet, headliner, and seat, and when i got the car, it smelled like it.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im a smoker and the downside to smoking in my car is that it stinks inside and ive put a couple burn marks in random places, also re sale value drops unless you hide the smell really good.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 12:16 PM

So its really personal preference. Yeah I think im going to smoke in it anyways, and if i sell the car in 5 years hopefully i can hide the smell :P (and hopefully dont burn the hell outta my interior)
Old Jun 7, 2007, 12:18 PM

does hotboxing once in a while count?

the only downside when you have to drive someone i.e. your boss the next day and the smell is lingering lol
Old Jun 7, 2007, 12:35 PM

lol hotboxing definatley counts that reminds me i haven't done that to my poor car since i had it.. i better get on that
Old Jun 7, 2007, 01:00 PM
CDO
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gingivitis
Now I am a smoker and just wanting to know who all smokes in their car.. I have a few times but want to know why smoking in your car is bad. (i dont use the ashtray i just have my window down and ash out the window)...

First off, use your ashtray. People hate litterbugs.

I've always smoked in my cars. Been driving almost 35 years and I can think of only two burn holes and one mark in that time.

Never had a problem selling a car due to any smell. In fact, the last two cars I sold were to people who specifically asked if the car had been smoked in.

It's a car. Enjoy it. But please use your ashtray.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 01:18 PM
Evolving Member

smoking in a cloth seated car....the smell lingers. more than a leather seated car.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by gingivitis
Now I am a smoker and just wanting to know who all smokes in their car.. I have a few times but want to know why smoking in your car is bad. (i dont use the ashtray i just have my window down and ash out the window) and seeing how this is a general discussion thread i thought it would be fine to post it here.

Cancer?
Old Jun 7, 2007, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PEARLEVOIXMR
Cancer?
Yea.. your car will suffer from 2nd hand smoke...

I've never smoked in my car, nor do i smoke a lot. Strictly when i'm stressed which is well.. rarely i guess luckily. However I have sat in cars, majority of the cop cruisers in boston for example, smell of cigs. I mean to you, you may not be able to smell it, but to a non-smoker who hates the smell they can easily. Its like when you can tell someone's a smoker just by the way they smell i guess? Also I noticed that a lot of smokers drive with their rear windows open.. and when they flick the ashes some of it gets into the rear window onto the rear deck.. not the brightest of people but hey.. its their car. Also about the littering.. i don't mind people flicking ashes out the window cause it disperses when it hits my car, but the still lit bud's.. i hate that.. I've gotten nailed by a cigar once and man that was a ***** to get out. Also I had a ticket issued to someone who dumped their ashtray out the window on a rainy day in front of me on the highway. My car was covered in nasty ashes, got him back with a fine but eh... Helps to have relatives in the car once in a while (Dad's a cop).

Littering = bad
Ashtray out the window = badder..
Cancer for car = FTL... haha
Old Jun 7, 2007, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

not good for resale... not gonna impress the ladies either.
I mean on some level I do get smoking, like a nice cigar once a blue moon is really nice, but I don't get how people can keep smoking cigarettes - I work with so many who are addicted to the stupid things. Such a sign of weakness you know? Its like I know this is terrible for my body, costing me thousands of dollars a year unimpressing my workmates with all my little breaks - but I'll keep doing it anyway.

The only smoking an RA should be involved with is from the tyres!
Old Jun 7, 2007, 03:26 PM
CDO
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ryan_VRX06
not good for resale... not gonna impress the ladies either.
Hasn't ever hurt the resale of my cars. As I noted above, it didn't even matter when the people wanted a nonsmoking car.

As to the ladies, LMAO. Maybe to the frigid librarian types it would matter.

I mean on some level I do get smoking, like a nice cigar once a blue moon is really nice, but I don't get how people can keep smoking cigarettes - I work with so many who are addicted to the stupid things. Such a sign of weakness you know? Its like I know this is terrible for my body, costing me thousands of dollars a year unimpressing my workmates with all my little breaks - but I'll keep doing it anyway.
If you smoked you'd get it.

As to the cost, everything has a cost. I think eating out is the biggest waste of money on the planet. However, it doesn't bother me in the least how other people spend their time or money on what they do.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 03:44 PM
Evolving Member

I leaves a film on evrything, the inside of your windows get sticky. Turns your interior yellow and is corrosive to the adhesives that hold your car together. Smoking and driving is more dangerous than talking on the cell phone. I bumped the sreering wheel once and knocked a hot cherry into my lap. Right under my ***** to be specific. That amost caused one hell of an accident let me tell you...

And cigarettes are expensive. They taste like schitt. Why waste so much money on something that doesn't even get you high? Chew that nicotine gum. That is how I quit. Well, the gum does get you a little high...

I smoked a F150 lightning last night? Better than any cigarette I ever had.

Last edited by Dinothegreat; Jun 7, 2007 at 03:47 PM.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

rules for riding in my car:
1: no smoking
2: no food
3: all drinks must be sealed and remain sealed at all times
4: dont like the rules GTFO and walk
Old Jun 7, 2007, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

I don’t smoke in my car. I did smoke in one and it smelled like ashtray!! Headliner was yellow you will have some burns in carpet no matter what.

Quick Reply: Smoking in your RA?