Notices

P0171 Too lean after RRM intake

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2007, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by drewbad
OK CEL back on dudes!!!! Highest speed = ~ 90mph... man I stopped to get gas, pulled around some old *** to get gas, so pulled into the second pump close cause I had to 'round the 1st ***.... while I was pumping (93 for the 1st time) dude that I had to pull around ---pulled around me and said some crap out the windows about how I was parked... man I'm pissed at myself for getting so pissed, but I basically told this old **** that I would beat his ***.. and that aint me.. I can be intimidating sometimes at 6'3" 240lbs... but I'm not that type... I'm very gentle.. sounds stupid.. but I almost snapped.. much more to the story---why I was was on the road in the first place... oh boy that's a huge story in itself... anyways I'm probably down to 220 but at 6'3" that looks thin and this dude underestimates my fury.. not that I'm a badass, but I do have some hidden rage... oh yes my friends... some nasty ****in pissed off fury. hehehehehe anyways, go gas, picked up the kids, which changed my mood instantly, and still want to beat this old mans ***.... but why?

Anyways, back to the 1st sentance "=~ 90mph" I know Migue and Dan know what "~" stands for... anyone doesnt know? It's basically "approximate"... ok then... off to the next motha.... I'm too old to act like a beeotch.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

I can send pics of the CEL.. but JOHO, I'd rather show u in person! lol I'm 4 hours west man!! Let's get some beers and women!! migue can hook us up!!

Last edited by drewbad; Jun 23, 2007 at 01:44 AM.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 06:00 AM
Evolving Member

OK! I'm good now. Had a bad day, opened some brew.. the sauce wore off now.
So I hook up my code scanner and it dies... hopefully I'll be able to get the CEL code soon. Maybe it's not the 0171.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 07:29 AM
Evolving Member

Got the code out.. it's 0171 again
Old Jun 24, 2007, 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

This is why Im still debating on getting an intake.
Old Jun 24, 2007, 09:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 2200mhz
This is why Im still debating on getting an intake.
One out 100 get CEL. Not because of the intake but rather any inake causes something else to manifest itself. Meantime an occasional code for 1 out of a 100 is not really an issue. I don't own a car that does not have a CEL. But then all my cars are fasat so...............

ROAD/RACE
Old Jun 24, 2007, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

my cel has been on since I partially fit the turbo exhaust. all well, it will go away before I am done.
Old Jun 24, 2007, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

ehh don't worry about the code. I drove for 8k miles with that same code without killing my engine.
Old Jun 24, 2007, 09:01 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah, might as well get used to the code, Drew. When we install your IM, it's not going to help the issue.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 02:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by drewbad
I can send pics of the CEL.. but JOHO, I'd rather show u in person! lol I'm 4 hours west man!! Let's get some beers and women!! migue can hook us up!!
That I will do !!!! put me on that list ... hey drew BTW I think I am returning by the end of july and I will be staying in NY or in CHICAGO for three days visiting friends .... If you are around maybe we should arrange a meeting with a couple of Ra members !! lOl and then have some beers + girls!!!
Old Jun 25, 2007, 07:48 AM
Evolving Member

I have the same code problem... it goes on and off... I drive like a crazy bastard or i drive like miss daisy it doesn't matter every couple of days it goes off and then it comes back on a couple of days down the road... Ive noticed that if its off it doesn't come on after short trips ( by short I mean my 45 min drive to work and 45 min back) but If im in the car for a longer period of time like an hour plus and the light just happens to be off it will come on... or it might shut off... Its really kinda weird...

The only thing I really notice different when the CEL is on... The car always seems to be running like MIVEC has kicked it... It doesn't matter how I drive I get ****ty gas mileage.... so whether I drive fast all the time or slow it eats the same amount of gas....

But when its off if I baby the car and keep it out of MIVEC i get decent MPG

Haven't gotten the chance to reset the ECU... hopefully that works... I have had it(it being the SRI - CEL came about 2 days after install) on for about a month now... 2004 - 33,XXX miles... Underdrive Pulley and SRI are my only mods...
Old Jun 25, 2007, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

someone who is having this problem should get a wideband to see what the big deal is. if it's the maf/sri your wideband readings will be within normal range, if you really are outflowing the ECU your wideband readings will look lean also.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 02:17 PM

i have the same code whit th CAI from RRM .... lean on bank one when cold my car is real hesitant
Old Jun 25, 2007, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Same code here, been a while... too lean. I actually have a wideband sitting at home waiting install along with my turbo, but I don't have time to do separate installs.

Odd thing is, I've now had the ECU resetted for longer than usual, and it hasn't come on yet... I'll keep it posted
Old Jun 26, 2007, 05:10 AM
Evolving Member

I can throw my voltmeter on the narrowband and see what it reads. I mean, if we're running fine, then I should see a normal numberm and wouldnt need a wideband. In my opinion, the only way we're going to run lean on the O2 feedback is if the Narrowband O2 comes close or crosses a threshold, whatever that number is? I should be able to determine that with a voltmeter backprobed into the ECU, but I don't know what the "normal" upper/lower threshold is?

Quick Reply: P0171 Too lean after RRM intake