Notices

Heater knob broke

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2009, 08:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, the dealer did the service and all is well. No more sticky knob, and it was all covered by warranty. The only problem I had was that the car came back dirtier than when I dropped it off. The back parking lot is gravel, and they must have run over a muddy pothole. Oh well.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kelli
So today I got tired of my heater knob not turning to heat when it is freezing outside. I guess the internal cable is hung up on something, because it had its last turn today. The knob snapped off, breaking the white plastic piece it is attatched to. Anyone else ever had this problem? I have someone who can fix it without taking it in, but specific parts or part numbers could help. Thanks!
Can we get the lil plastic knob? I have had the same thing happen. I gots no knob and cant turn it without needlenose or moving the heater box manually. I've had it out and it looks like u could put a new white plastic knob in.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 07:05 AM

i had to replace the entire unit. didn't find anyone who sold just the plastic knob. www.discountmitsubishiparts.com is where i think i bought mine. been a few years. little over $200 unless you can find one in a junkyard.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 10:38 PM

Hmm. Ok. A friend had told me i should go to mitsu n they could sell me the knob. I still need to check on that. I had looked at a couple yards and they didnt even have a lancer there. N the one that pulls the parts for you was gonna charge me 200.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:24 AM

i tried that as well. went to 2 dealers and both said the same thing. except they were going to charge what mitsu charges for the unit which was somewhat outrageous.

i guess you could just replace the white plastic piece if you could find a replacement, but like i say, i never found the individual selector by itself. also, when you buy the whole unit, all new knobs come with it.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

For what it's worth (and I didn't read everything above, I'm lazy like that), the problem with the hot/cold knob binding has to do with the design. I lucked out and was under the 60k warranty so it was a free fix for me. Mitsu is aware of it and even has a re-designed fix for it, something to do with the box lid and cable assembly. Funny thing is, I had complained numerous times about it before as it did it since new but it took breaking the assembly to finally get it fixed. Hope this helps anyone under 60k to 'have an accident' to get the problem solved. Mine works like smooth butter now.