Notices

Car Stolen without keys

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2007, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Stolen without keys

Bad news. Yesterday my car was stolen from a secure car park. It's rear left hand side window was smashed to open the doors, and it was then hot-wired and driven out through the barrier after an exit ticket was bought.

My mobile (cell) phone was in the car and the phone was last tracked a few miles away before the phones signal was lost.

Im very confused about this - I still have both sets of keys and the car has an engine immobiliser. I was under the impression the car could not be driven away without the microchip immobiliser in the key.

Can anyone explain how the immobiliser works, if the lancer has one. (It should do as all new cars from 2002 have to have them fitted)

My stolen car should not be too hard to find. Not only is it the only lancer in the UK with a 2.4 engine, but it also looks completely unique too, as there just arent any modified lancers here, only Evos.
Old Nov 9, 2007, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

I think ive just realised by swapping the engine my cars factory immobiliser stayed with the 1.6 ECU, and the Lancer Ralliart has no immobiliser. Great.
Old Nov 9, 2007, 01:36 PM
Plat Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
People steal cars with immobilizers all the time. If there is a security feature out there...thiefs will figure it out. Not very uncommon. When I worked in Charlotte bodyshops used to always call with 'stolen and recovery' vehicles and need new immobilizers, keys, the works. Pretty crappy that it happened though.

Sorry to hear about it.
Old Nov 9, 2007, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

that sucks
Old Nov 9, 2007, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Whats worse still is my RRM Turbo kit came today! How my car can get stolen on the same day the turbo kit arrives when I've been driving it for 3 years with no incident - its just ludicrous.
Old Nov 9, 2007, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

oh man, insult to injury, sorry to hear man..
Old Nov 9, 2007, 01:57 PM

Damn sorry to hear. Atleast it wasnt stolen with this new kit. hope you find it.
Old Nov 9, 2007, 01:59 PM

Time to upgrade to a Viper unit. I have the viper alarm with the responder key chain that alerts you when either the hood, trunk, doors, or windows are tampered with and shows you on a screen on the key chain unit. Plus its a remote starter and in your case can be set so that when you turn off your car it will stay on to cool off the turbo. Good luck getting your car back, but this system was the best mod I have done to my car and has prevented a lot of people from messing with my car so I highly suggest you invest in one.
Old Nov 9, 2007, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

So sorry to hear Diavlo. All that hard work and someone had the nerve to steal it. They're probably lurking these forums as well.

Also, you're correct, shouldn't be hard to find, you're the only one with a 2.4.

Hope you find her in one piece. Look out for people parting it out.
Old Nov 9, 2007, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I hope secure carparks in the UK take responsibility for theft unlike many in Australia (such bs!)
far too much time and effort has gone into that car for some *** to steal it, I hope it turns up soon intact !!
Old Nov 9, 2007, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MITVRX
So sorry to hear Diavlo. All that hard work and someone had the nerve to steal it. They're probably lurking these forums as well.

Also, you're correct, shouldn't be hard to find, you're the only one with a 2.4.

Hope you find her in one piece. Look out for people parting it out.
Except for the part where you can't see the engine from the outside... probably to risky to take it somewhere for servicing - assuming it would get reported... then re-licensing etc. like in .au its probably stolen for a joyride - hopefully then just abandoned and not trashed.

Again, hope it turns up intact soon... and something painful befalls the thief
Old Nov 9, 2007, 02:10 PM

Man that sucks, your car was sweet!!!
Old Nov 9, 2007, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

That sucks so bad. What a hard blow to take, not only for you, but for the R/A community as a whole. Pray for the best, plan for the worst. Hope it all works out!
Old Nov 9, 2007, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
WOW i dont know what to say i think if my car wer stolen i go nuts
Old Nov 9, 2007, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

i had a integra gsr that was stolen from a wal mart. i went in to get headlights and in 10 min. it was gone. Was supposed to be turbo a week later. its a bad feeling thinking of what someone else is doing to your car after your hard work.

Quick Reply: Car Stolen without keys