Notices

sick of mitsu paint

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2008, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wonder what kinda paint warranty u can pull off...
Old Apr 15, 2008, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got the red and mine is faded, faded, and even more faded in some areas. I wanna go back to the Mistu lot and shoot someone...Seriously, my old 91 celica had paint that was almost pristine, and looked ten times better than my paint that I have now. And I wash and wax my car like your supposed to...

As to the warranty, the Mitsu guy told me if your under 36k it shouldn't be much of a problem. However if your over, then they have to submit a request and that the chances are that if you haven't had ALL maintenance done at the dealer that they would deny the request 95% of the time...

Simply put...This BLOWS, lol
Old Apr 15, 2008, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

hmmm but what kinda things would there be for paint warranty
Old Jun 1, 2008, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

My red is also fading but on my mitsu endeavor the black on top is fading baaadd like to a white and i took it in, its barely under 36k and they are having to take pictures and send it to mitsu hq or something where the deciders are its pretty rediculous but *fingers crossed* he says he thinks theyll cover it
Old Jun 1, 2008, 07:25 AM
Evolving Member

i have the pearl white..it still looks good with 48k on it..one of our cars is black so i knew i wasn't ever going to get another one that color...yea the paint is thin..i have little chips on the front dam but cover them up with mitsu touch up paint..all in all, white holds out better but might repaint it down the road if it starts to go bad..i do garage mine so its not sitting in sun all day..i'd say that's helped the most.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

labrador black here... seems that sometimes looking at it from the side when the sun shines on it, or at a car wash especially, that the paint is turning to slight violet. hmm.. fading i suppose.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

that could be the pearl your seeing..
but yea i was thinking about looking into seeing if or what would make a paint warranty
Old Jun 1, 2008, 11:21 AM
Evolving Member

^You're screwed, we had a few people do a "paint warranty" back in the day, like 05, and at that time their paint was peeling off because of the sun. Needless to say they managed to get the warranty work done, but then people went for the chipping issue and Mitsu basically said it's wear and tear.

Your car's to old for Mitsu to do anything, but go give it a try, if they'll do something for you, all the better for you. Just don't get your hopes up.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

Well as for who ever said something about 36000 miles being a cut off...100% accurate i took my endeavor in today and the guy told me i just barely made the cut off for even making a claim because i was at 35890. they took some pics of all the faded spots on the roof and pillars, took another shot of the whole vehicle and a final of the odometer, in case anyone is curious ill post the results when mitsu decides if they wanna pay for their crappy under warranty paint.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

its because our cars only have stage 1 paint, unlike most vehicles. if i knew i was driving a dodge neon i wouldnt have ever bought it. needless to say, my hood, roof, and trunk are all bad, but thats what is what carbon fiber is for. and yes they make carbon fiber roofs for our cars. just for a mear 1300 bucks!
Old Jun 2, 2008, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

how much was the install on the roof lol
Old Jun 21, 2008, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

Not trying to take over thread but seeming as its dead anyways....as stated before i took in my mitsubishi endeavor and it had serious fade spots and under 36k miles so paint warranty was still good. They took pics sent it to mitsu headquarters or what ever and i got a reply back saying they need an estimate so the mitsu dealer sent me to some raggedy hillbilly company where apparently the work is going to get done for an estimate..mitsubishi has a body shop, am i about to get ripped off or has anyone else had this experience?
Old Jun 24, 2008, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

**UPDATE** My mitsubishi is miraculously going in this coming monday to get the roof hood and side pillars all redone and clearcoated free of charge AND they are giving me a rental car to boot...who would of thought they would actually come through.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 10:12 PM

is it safe to use a claybar on our cars if they do not have a clearcoat?

will the claybar take off the paint?
Old Jul 1, 2008, 02:37 PM
EdT
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by This Guy
why mitsubishi!!!, why must you use thin coat of paint and no clear?
No clearcoat is actually better since you can detail the paint forever. The only reason for the clearcoat is if you have metallic paint is it bind the metallic flakes.

Alot of high end exotic cars like Ferrais have no clearcoat, actually clearcoat is for cheaper cars where there is less work to get the paint with a even gloss all around !

Mitsu uses a hard paint like Mercede's Cermicoat which offers better abrasion resistance, but blisters when impacted with stone and debris. Mitsu was owned 35% by Dailmer several years back.

My '03 Rio Red(R20) Lancer's hood

My '06 Mystique Blue(T54) Sportsback's hood

...then again I detail cars !

Last edited by EdT; Jul 1, 2008 at 02:44 PM.