Notices

Help With Ralliart!! Im Frustrated!!

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2008, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help With Ralliart!! Im Frustrated!!

"service engine soon" light on... and right now have two spark plug adapters on the second 02 sensor..!! i need some help.. my RALLIART have INJEN, DOWNPIPE(custom), RRM PULLEY, cat deleted.... i have these codes on the scanner: "system too lean", and something about o2 sensor.... PLEASE!!! my car after installing the aftermarkets run worst than STOCK!!!! (dyno)

Stock: 149hp and 154tq

downpipe, injen, pulley: 150hp and 144tq
Old May 19, 2008, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

make sure there are no leaks around the MAF sensor on intake and everything is securely fastened
Old May 19, 2008, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Sucks to hear. the intake may be a reason for the code, mine still will throw it once and a while, idk though hope you get it fixed
Old May 19, 2008, 11:25 PM
Evolving Member

Can't really help you too much unless you gave us the code your car is throwing, I'm giving you a guess essentially when I say its the intake, wont know for sure untill you look up the exact code seeing as there are several that can result in the engine running too lean
Old May 20, 2008, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
System too lean... could it be saying "Bank 1 too lean" or something along that line? Cause if it is its probably throwing a P0171 code. Which for me was cause I went catless and put 2 defoulers on the rear and one on the front, but i swapped out and put only 1 on the rear and it works fine now. However since I have a tapped o2 signal up front coming off my wideband o2 sensor I have a P0135 code for a dead heater core on my upstream O2 sensor.

I have a RRM SRI intake, RRM Catback and downpipe matched with a cheapo LC-1 wideband O2...

Have you tried resetting your ECU and going through the learning process since you installed all the parts?
Old May 20, 2008, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
when you remove the cat, did you do anything about the rear o2 sensor? If not, that alone should throw a CEL because it'll think the cat isn't working and your spewing too much pollution. To counter this, it might cut fuel and run lean, thus throwing another code. Kinda sounds like what your describing...

simple check: put the cat back on, reset the ecu, and see if things go back to normal.

oh and a friendly edit: STOP KILLING LUNGS JERK!
Old May 20, 2008, 10:39 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
You need a tune, plain and simple. You can't expect to throw a bunch of parts at the car and have it work perfectly right away.

The CEL for the cat is something that's going to come back occasionally, you're going to have to get used to it or buy a code reader to clear it when it comes up.

As for the system too lean, you're probably leaking air around your MAF.
Old May 20, 2008, 11:14 AM

here is my full information about the car..some pictures and some videos for you to help me... srry for my english and for the cel phone camera

1. there you'll see my car with all parts installed and cutout before axleback (open and close with passenger's seat JEJE)

2. voltage loss problem after installing the RRM pulley
3. codes and the full car scanning after removing the "service engine soon"

videos: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M581ERCS