Notices

wheel vibration

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2008, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Thomar
brakes dragging
it dosnt happen while braking...just driving, but im also having my rotors turned..im due thanks
-FLip
Old Aug 27, 2008, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

You're due to have your rotors cut, why? Just install new pads and be on your way.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

well i have replaced the pads all the way around, hat was before i got the new wheels and tires. has anyone had this vibration problem with their RA? like a light shake in the steering wheel, but no that erratic as if there was a missing balance. ima check hub spacing ans see wuts up with that. TIA
-Flip
Old Sep 3, 2008, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

ok i did some research and found that our wheel hub spacing is 67.1 mm( correct me if im wrong) and my rims hae an offset of +45, would this be the cause of vibration? like would some hubcentric rings solve this annoying problem? not to keen on wheels so this may not even be he right question to ask, so sorry if this makes no sense. but TIA
-Flip
--and yes ive noticed i should have put this thread in the tire and wheels section...ma bad mods...
Old Sep 3, 2008, 03:36 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Flip
ok i did some research and found that our wheel hub spacing is 67.1 mm( correct me if im wrong) and my rims hae an offset of +45, would this be the cause of vibration? like would some hubcentric rings solve this annoying problem? not to keen on wheels so this may not even be he right question to ask, so sorry if this makes no sense. but TIA
-Flip
--and yes ive noticed i should have put this thread in the tire and wheels section...ma bad mods...
Wheel spacing won't cause vibration, nor will the lack of hubcentric rings. All hubcentric rings do is make it easier to center the wheel while putting on the lugs. They're not actually necessary.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

go to a shop and tell them you want them to road force your tires...most balance machines have a road force option. and what itll do is measure the runout of the tire and rim and let you know if you have a bent rim or an, like otter said, out of round tire. im a machanic for a mercedes dealership and we get cars in all the time with uneven tire wear and even on some brand new tires they can be out of round, it would be covered by manufacturer if that was the case. im almost 100% sure thats your problem based on what ive experienced. but GL
Old Sep 3, 2008, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ralli04
go to a shop and tell them you want them to road force your tires...most balance machines have a road force option. and what itll do is measure the runout of the tire and rim and let you know if you have a bent rim or an, like otter said, out of round tire. im a machanic for a mercedes dealership and we get cars in all the time with uneven tire wear and even on some brand new tires they can be out of round, it would be covered by manufacturer if that was the case. im almost 100% sure thats your problem based on what ive experienced. but GL
ok, ill take your guys word for it and see wut comes out of that. ill let you guys know wuts wut when i get the info on wuts going on. thanks very much
-Flip