Notices

Fuel Problems

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2008, 11:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel Problems

Hey guys it's been a while. Earlier tonight my car died out on me when i let out the clutch. It was one of the fuses under the hood that blew out. After I replaced that fuse and started the car it runs and everything. The idle is really funky when i start braking and have the car in neutral. If i dont give it gas it will die as i am braking. Any ideas on what it can be? I think it might have something to do with the fuel.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 11:42 PM
Evolving Member

either dirty injectors or leaky fuel lines?

did you let your ecu relearn the fuel trims after you replaced fuse?

either way more info is needed.
Old Sep 1, 2008, 12:55 AM
Evolving Member

The car's idle will drop to like 300-400 whenever i let off the gas. Sometimes it died out on me too. It takes a second for the idle to get back to normal and then when i start driving and stop again the same thing happens
Old Sep 1, 2008, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Which fuse was it that you needed to replace? If it was the one that supplies battery power to the ECU, your car may be running poorly while the ECU re-learns the fuel trims to make your engine run right.

If this is the case, it will get better on its own the next few times you drive it.
Old Sep 1, 2008, 06:36 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your rear O2 sensor is likely damaged and/or arcing against your undercarriage. Many times when people install a CEL fix, it pushes the rear o2 into the undercarriage, wearing the wires down to the bare metal and popping the fuse.
Old Sep 1, 2008, 07:59 AM
Evolving Member

I replaced the engine control fuse under the hood. The one closest to the front. When we were trying to start the car when it first happened everything was working. The car was turning over but not starting.

I had the CEL fix a long time ago but I took it out when I took out my DP. I haven't had that on my car for 40k plus miles or so.

I'm going to drive it to work today and see if it is just the ECU trying to readjust.
Old Sep 1, 2008, 10:55 AM

the same exact thing just happend to me...its the transsmission the car is thinking its still in first...does it move forward in nuetral??
Old Sep 4, 2008, 11:16 AM
Evolving Member

Naw it doesn't move foward in neutral. At least not yet it's been in the shop for the last two days and they can't figure it out. They said it might have something to do with the fan controller. The fuse that's blowing is connected to the fan controller along with a few others. So I'm hoping that's all it is.