Notices

Still debatingm, 2005 Ralliart or 2008 GTS.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2009, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i test drove the new 09 ralliart and i couldnt agree more, its a blast to drive and needs no upgrades to be fast and have an awesome ride.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 07:14 PM
Evolving Member

the new 09 RA is a quick and nice lookin car but the only thing that still kills me about the new RA is the trans i wasnt too pleased with it
Old Jan 27, 2009, 08:08 PM
Hail to the Beard

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
IMO the GTS would be a better option if your absolutely needing to buy now but you should just save and wait a little bit! Buy an '09 Ralliart! The aftermarket for the new RA will be amazing in the near future -moreso than the GTS. If you cant wait, then atleast try to find a '04-'06 RA with less mileage! Think about all the wear and tear and maintenence you will have to go through if the previous owner(s) did not take care of the RA properly!

I want a new RA sooo bad! I haven't test drove one yet bc I know I'm gonna leave with it! I'm gonna wait a bit and save $$$! Besides, I love my '06 RA!!!

GL w/your decision! Keep us updated!
Old Jan 28, 2009, 05:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by parrishr13
IMO the GTS would be a better option if your absolutely needing to buy now but you should just save and wait a little bit! Buy an '09 Ralliart! The aftermarket for the new RA will be amazing in the near future -moreso than the GTS. If you cant wait, then atleast try to find a '04-'06 RA with less mileage! Think about all the wear and tear and maintenence you will have to go through if the previous owner(s) did not take care of the RA properly!

I want a new RA sooo bad! I haven't test drove one yet bc I know I'm gonna leave with it! I'm gonna wait a bit and save $$$! Besides, I love my '06 RA!!!

GL w/your decision! Keep us updated!

I'm with him..
I have an 04 RA, am trying to get rid of it now to go awd. I don't know where you live but where I'm from (boston, ma) AWD is amazing in the random snow storms and ice buildup on the streets. I actually went out and am rebuilding a galant vr4 that I recently purchased just so that I can save up for a newer car this summer/fall. The new RA has great potential, the new wrx is also faster and might handle just as well if not better. I test drove the new wrx, but don't have a dealership with an RA's near me so I can't compare.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 11:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bruce988jl
I'm with him..
I have an 04 RA, am trying to get rid of it now to go awd. I don't know where you live but where I'm from (boston, ma) AWD is amazing in the random snow storms and ice buildup on the streets. I actually went out and am rebuilding a galant vr4 that I recently purchased just so that I can save up for a newer car this summer/fall. The new RA has great potential, the new wrx is also faster and might handle just as well if not better. I test drove the new wrx, but don't have a dealership with an RA's near me so I can't compare.
IMO, if you're gonna go awd, get the evo X instead of the new RA, dont get me wrong, I love em both, but if I dont have 3 pedals when I'm driving, I feel retarded
Old Jan 29, 2009, 04:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by joeyj
IMO, if you're gonna go awd, get the evo X instead of the new RA, dont get me wrong, I love em both, but if I dont have 3 pedals when I'm driving, I feel retarded
I came to realize, after not having the RA for a month and driving an automatic ford sho and with the amount of traffic in boston... an auto is a lovely substitution. Personally when i get rid of the lancer I'm keeping my gvr4 as a project car and buying a reliable but gutsy awd car. Probably a semi-luxurious one. Enough cheapo interiors! I want heated mirrors too, I hate the RA's lack of features sometimes... She's fun to drive, but its useless when you're bootin' around in the winter and can't even see out your mirrors or never mind your rear window due to the water buildup.

O and also I'd take a new RA over an evo any day. I have no intention of ever modding my daily so that it puts the transmission at risk of excessive wear.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 11:18 PM
Hail to the Beard

bump?
Old Feb 3, 2009, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Well considering the performance of an 05 ralliart and the new GTS are very similar, I'd say the 05 is definitely the better bargain if you're looking to have some fun at a low price point. If you're going to do a lot of commuting or plan on putting some serious miles on the car, The GTS would be a better bet. The argument is really New vs. Used
Old Feb 3, 2009, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sovain
honestly?!buy an 09ralliart,it`s turbo& allwheeled.i haven`t met a gts i couldn`t spank.
ya with your paddle shifters i wouldnt get those new lancers cause i love my clutch pedle to much and pretty much love the 04 RA anyways for the somewhat rarity and uniqeness so no i would stay with the old RA and take your time tunning it and enjoy.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 04:31 PM
Hail to the Beard

+1

I love my '06 RA!
Old Feb 13, 2009, 01:03 PM
Evolving Member

spread the love bro!^^^
Old Feb 26, 2009, 06:24 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by shiroboi
Well considering the performance of an 05 ralliart and the new GTS are very similar, I'd say the 05 is definitely the better bargain if you're looking to have some fun at a low price point. If you're going to do a lot of commuting or plan on putting some serious miles on the car, The GTS would be a better bet. The argument is really New vs. Used
From what little ive read the Ralliart would pull pretty good on a GTS.
Edmunds car review said that there were minivans than can outrun it
Old Feb 27, 2009, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i didnt read this hole post, mostly because i already know the answer to your question....

i drove my friends 08 gts, and all i can say with L O L

either get an 04 ralliart, or an 09 ralliart. 04 ralliart is cheap, but has little aftermarket. the 08 is a little expensive, but is an evo with a limited ECU. So much aftermarket w/ the NEW ralliarts, you wont know what to do w/ all the parts.. your better off ditching the gts idea all together and decided about these two cars.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

if you want to race get the RA there pretty good, they dont have alot of aftermarket but but you always can go custom like we do in PR. I beat GTS all the time bro trust me if your looking for speed the GTS is not the option. In the other hand if your looking at GTS's tha means that you have the money, that car has a great look and alot of aftermarket, but if you have that money why not get a civic SI thats a fast car and great looks. Just my opinion hope this helps.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 02:08 PM

get the ralliart

Quick Reply: Still debatingm, 2005 Ralliart or 2008 GTS.