Notices

Left Turn Signal/Lights problem

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2010, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Left Turn Signal/Lights problem

Okay. I'm going to try to detail this the best I can in chronological order of when it started happening...

1. Bought depo tailights. Several months later left turn signal on the gauge cluster stays on after starting car. Problem disappears after couple seconds and does not return.

2. A month ago, Left turn signal stays on again, this time for a couple of minutes, then disappears again.

3. Couple weeks ago, got projectors installed, problem reoccurs, worsens, and does not go away.

So to pretty much sum it up, this is whats happening....

Whenever my lights are switched ON, and the brake pedal is depressed, the left turn signal slowly illuminates on not only the gauge cluster, but the outer left front and left rear turn signals as well. When lights are ON and car is put in reverse, left turn signal immediately illuminates and does not disappear till the gear is changed. When the left turn signal is INTENTIONALLY activated for a left turn/lane change, my left brake light dims on and off like a Christmas tree, and the RIGHT reverse light does the same as well. The last thing applies when I put on my hazards as well.

So somebody please tell me what the problem is

Last edited by OnCloudIX; Feb 9, 2010 at 03:57 PM.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

holay.. sounds like u got a short or a crossed wire someplace.
the turn signal coming on when the car is in reverse can be explained if there's a crossed wire with the back-up (white) lights (that turn on when in reverse) and the turn signal.

is it possible one of your tail lights is either connected incorrectly -or- one of them is defective (say, the left one) and has a wiring problem?
Old Feb 9, 2010, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
try putting your stock tails in and see if the problem is still there?
Old Feb 10, 2010, 02:35 AM
Evolving Member

@Thomar - It's possible but the fact that the turn signal illuminating also applies to the front left makes me think otherwise. I think I may have left that part out, but yeah, the thing with the brake lights being affected by the turn signal makes me think it may be defective.

@Raikiri - I'll try that if the problem still persists after checking the wires and plugs.

What I just don't understand is that if it is crossed wires or bad install I would've thought the problem would have happened the day I got my lights installed, but it only started happening recently. Someone told me it may be a fuse. The most common one I've heard from friends is the crossed wire thing.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

I have an 02 Lancer OZ, not a Ralliart, but a similar problem. When I turn on my headlights one is the regular beam and the other is the high beam. When I change to high beams on the stalk the high beam that was on changes to the regular beam and the one that was low beam turns the high beam on. Is this a crossed wire problem or something else?