Notices

asked this along time ago....

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2010 | 03:15 AM
Evolving Member

asked this along time ago....

hey guys its Flip, havnt been on here in a long time, im currently deployed but im almost back.
since i have some play money, ima be getting some parts in to add to my RA and make her a bit more fun

anywho, i had asked this a long time ago, when i got my new wheels and tires back in the day, after i drove off with them i had a very bad vibration in the wheel. now i still have this to this day, and i was wondering if anyone had the same thing. ive tried everything the guys have said to try, from different kinds of wheel and tire balances to many rotations. there was one time i got them reblanced and rotated and it was freakin awesome cause the vibration was gone for a while but still it came back. im starting to believe its just the wheels, the tires are fine cause ive changed them out since the first set i had on them and still have the same problem. you guys think i just got a bad set of wheels? time for another set? let me know what you think, also what you think i should get for tune up parts. was looking at the basic stuff first, like CAI, pulley kit,some kyb shocks and eiback pro kit springs(only because i live in a place that dosnt believe in fixing their roads and not about to drop money on a good set of tein coilovers and have them jacked up in the first month) piggy, and maybe changing out my lights for the black set on RRM. but if theres someting new i should hear about please let me know and ill see about giving it a try. thanks guys. youve been nothing but good help to me in the past.
-Flip

Last edited by Flip; May 26, 2010 at 03:17 AM. Reason: added some stuff
Old May 26, 2010 | 08:52 AM

just a thought with the vibration since I noted that you got new wheels....

did the wheels come with hub rings? or is the bore the same size as the hub?

if the wheels are not seated right on the hub in can cause vibrations, just a thought since it seems you've almost tried everything.........GL and happy modding
Old May 26, 2010 | 09:14 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Tie rod loose?
Just spitballin here..
Old May 26, 2010 | 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

A friend of mine had vibration problems with his Nissan Maxima. Had the wheels balanced several times, at more than one shop. Sometimes it helped, but the problem never went away entirely.

We drove it all the way from WI to central FL like that. Looking to have them balanced again before the return trip, we found a place that balances wheels with them still on the car.

First they check the tires for roundness. They shave a little tread off the high spots if needed to make them round. Then they run it on a dyno that checks the balance of the whole rotating assembly, wheel, tire, brake rotor, axle... and add wheel weights as needed.

Car rode smooth as glass on the ride home.
Old May 31, 2010 | 05:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Myszkewicz
A friend of mine had vibration problems with his Nissan Maxima. Had the wheels balanced several times, at more than one shop. Sometimes it helped, but the problem never went away entirely.

We drove it all the way from WI to central FL like that. Looking to have them balanced again before the return trip, we found a place that balances wheels with them still on the car.

First they check the tires for roundness. They shave a little tread off the high spots if needed to make them round. Then they run it on a dyno that checks the balance of the whole rotating assembly, wheel, tire, brake rotor, axle... and add wheel weights as needed.

Car rode smooth as glass on the ride home.
that sounds like something i would like to do, but im sure where im stationed at now there isnt anything like that around for like 3 hours. but ima look into it.
im looking to get new wheels anyways and some nice nice tires...=]
but ill def check it out. thanks everyone for your replies.
also i did get the hub rings after i got the wheels so i dont think its that. the wheel is a universal 5 lug, so it could be its not the exact bore it shoudl be but very close... thanks again guys.
-Flip
Old May 31, 2010 | 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

with the extra money you get for having signed your life away to a corporation, why dont you sell your ralliart and either buy or finance a new ralliart or an evo even?
Would make more sense then spending all this money on modding an 04 ralliart. you can get more performance out of the box if u rather invest your money in something a bit faster.
Old Jun 18, 2010 | 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

signing my life away? i dont see it like that, its an honest job and some people cant hack it but hey to each their own. i dont mind what i do and knowing people are safer becuase of what i do for a living is plenty enough for me, as for what you said, i would trade in or sell but i like my car and dont need to go out and buy the bigger better car, then im right back to where im at now spending even more money on it. ima stay with my "box" and enjoy what ive got. maybe down the road ill opt for another. naw mean? thanks though
Old Jun 18, 2010 | 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

I'm all stock and I get the vibration too. It starts at about 65 mph. It started with my last set of tires but my new set does it to.
Old Jun 18, 2010 | 07:53 PM
Evolving Member

Could be caused by the wheel being offcenter on the mount. Or oddly enough if the wheel is lopsided at all. My last thought would be lugs not tightened all the way. Heard of that once or twice
Old Jun 18, 2010 | 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

I'm all stock and I get the vibration too. It starts at about 65 mph. It started with my last set of tires but my new set does it to.
did you get a dynamic or static balance done on ur rims?
if you dont have the sticky weights on the inside of the rim, and only the wheel weights hammered on the outside, its a static balance.
Have a dynamic balance done and see it the problem goes away. It did for me.

I even went to a shop to get the wheels re-balanced dynamically and I had to have them re-do it on the spot cause they just did another static balance on it.