Notices

rough idle, cut offs w/ hvac on

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2010, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rough idle, cut offs w/ hvac on

History:
I've got an RRM SRI and Joe's Pulley. I've had an issue with my MAF in the past where it went out and swapping it fixed my issue, this is similar to the symptoms I saw before it wouldn't stay running.
Last week I swapped out my control assembly for my radiator fan during which I pulled the negative on my battery. I checked and the contact on the battery seems fine. I swapped the control assembly because my fan was running loud for about 30 secs after cutting my engine and that seemed to fix that issue.

Problem:
This morning my car is running rough. Take it out on the road and it drops to about 500-600 rpms when idle and will not pull at times when hitting the gas. I'm running the AC. I get back home and start trying to diagnose issues. I turn off the hvac and my car runs just fine. Turn it on all the issues come back and now it cuts off after idling for about 15 - 20 secs. Any ideas? I was thinking MAF initially but not sure now that it seems to only give issue when the AC is running. When the AC is off idle is fine and acceleration is fine, on rough idle leads to cut off and acceleration is spotty.

Thanks!
Old Sep 10, 2010, 10:58 AM
rrd
Evolving Member

did you let your car idle for 10 mins after you reconnected the battery?
Old Sep 10, 2010, 05:22 PM

maybe more like 5 min. Still would it cause that much of an issue? I've done that a million times and never run into problems like this. I pulled the negative exactly one week ago to do the swap and I just started having these problems today.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 09:02 AM

google search points to ac compressor maybe or tensioner ... taking it in to my mechanic... will post results when resolved
Old Sep 19, 2010, 08:42 AM

So the day before I got it to my mech I had a code P0300. This can be a slew of things apparently starting with swapping plugs. Changed the plugs, still have the same issue. My mech can't read mitsu diags so I'm going to the dealer tomorrow.