Notices

Slight bog down an louder noise?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2010, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slight bog down an louder noise?

Ok so i finally got my car up and running and all issues ironed out. so i thought. Car runs and idles fine, definatly needs valve lash redone, and has plenty of power until WOT at 4k rpm. It sounds real loud and bubbly and when i hit 4500 rpm sound goes away and i get a huge jolt in power. any ideas here? Im getting the valve lash done in the next week(cant for the life of me do this myself and get it right ugh). as for the bog down its super little, if maybe in my head even. its the noise thats tossing me off.

mods are

PNP intake mani
PNP head with 3 step
AEM CAI
RRM piggy
RRM timing box
RRM headers/dp
Custom exhaust
Old Oct 31, 2010, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

I have experienced this as well. It is super noticable in first gear at part throttle, when the RPMs hit 4000 there is a slight drop in power.

My guess is that it is the MIVEC portion of the map kicking in.

I also notice that when cruise is active and you add a tiny amount of throttle, the power will drop slightly, my guess in this case is that the ignition timing changes slightly due to the throttle position. I'm not sure which load source our lancers use to look up values in the ignition map though.

I'm not worried about it though. Some cars have their things, and this isn't something that means something is broken or on it's way out.

All I have though is an SRI and exhaust.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Hmm weird. Im thinking it could also be my valves need to be readjusted baaaad.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 10:08 AM

i think i have the same problem ever since i got my timing belt water pump and balancer done when i get to 3k rpm my car makes this really weird sound but it goes away once u go above 3k i have a 05 ra and mivec changes over at 3500rpm it seems to me like maybe mivec is changing over a litttle earlier at 3k instead of 3500 but i dont see how that could be possible. its most noticiable in first gear but does it in first or second at 3k
Old Nov 14, 2010, 10:08 AM

my only mods are aem cai and magnaflow muffler
Old Nov 14, 2010, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

yeah its odd mine is 05 an i have ran it on both 06 and 05 ecus and its always at 4k and ends at 4500