Notices

Crappy Gas Milage?!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2011, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ralliartize It
Trust me when I say this.

Go to Autozone, but two cans of seafoam. Dump one can in your cranckcase (after car is warmed), dump another can in your gas tank (full tank). Let it soak for a abotu two hours. Turn the car and get ready for a smoke show. I just seafoamed my car and I can honestly say I gained about 3 mpgs from it.
I am about to do the same thing this weekend. I have a friend that works at Autozone and he's the one that told about this as well. He said the same like you, big improvements.

P.S. I'm doing 23-24mpg right now.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 09:31 PM
Hail to the Beard

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
I have been debating ever since Otter brought it up, about creating a Fuelly account and finally did it tonight. I updated all my fuel ups on there as well just in case I break my phone or something, and will continue to update every fuel up.

I have been trying these tips from Fuelly the last couple weeks, and have a slight increase in MPG.

This was tricky because I usually upshift anywhere between 2500-3000 RPM.

I already drive the speed limit, but I started driving a little less than this last week.

I already have a CAI

I continue to have a little trouble with this one because I just wake up, go, and try not to be late.

Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm, I will deffinitly have to try that!! I bought the seafoam once but I just dumped it in a full tank of gas, maybe i'll have better luck this time
Old Jan 14, 2011, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Seafoam in rhe crankcase? I thought you were supposed to let it get sucked up by a vacuum line or something? Do you just pour it in the hole where you put your oil?
Old Jan 17, 2011, 09:11 PM
Evolving Member

yes, please elaborate as to the correct method for a thorough seafoaming of the car.
(i will hit 200k tomorrow, probably needs a good cleanout)
Old Jan 18, 2011, 06:07 AM
Hail to the Beard

Take pics too!
Old Jan 18, 2011, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by parrishr13
Take pics too!
YES! im not sure which vacuum line to use
Old Jan 18, 2011, 01:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Raikiri
YES! im not sure which vacuum line to use
Use the line that comes from the brake boost.

I had my friend that works at Autozone do it. He put a little less then half in the tank and the rest sucked in through the vac hose. He used another 2 feet of hose connected to the vac via tape( make sure all it's sealed) so the suction will not be to fast. Let it idle for like 10 min and then rev it slowly and be ready for you neighbors to start *****ing at you lol It will smoke for like 30 min. After 15-20 minutes of ideling and reving we took it for a ride. 30 minutes later all was clean.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

which one is the brake boost line? yeah im a total noob when it comes to these things
Old Jan 19, 2011, 04:23 AM
Evolving Member

The can where you put the brake fluid sits in top of the master cylinder and this one is connected to a round black metal box. This round black metal box is the booster. To left of it there is a hose going into the engine. That's the hose you need to use. Disconnect it from the end that is connected to the booster so the suction is made into the engine.

I forgot to mention in previous post that when sucking the seafoam through the vac your engine might stole or run crappy, that's ok . If it shuts of give it a few seconds an restart it till your done. Once your done reconnect the hose and let it idle.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 05:28 AM
Hail to the Beard

This just doesn't sound right to me.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

me either.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4XUS-F578Q
Old Jan 19, 2011, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dacib
The can where you put the brake fluid sits in top of the master cylinder and this one is connected to a round black metal box. This round black metal box is the booster. To left of it there is a hose going into the engine. That's the hose you need to use. Disconnect it from the end that is connected to the booster so the suction is made into the engine.

I forgot to mention in previous post that when sucking the seafoam through the vac your engine might stole or run crappy, that's ok . If it shuts of give it a few seconds an restart it till your done. Once your done reconnect the hose and let it idle.
this in the right/left front/back of engine bay? im not near my car right now so im not too sure what you're talking about
Old Jan 19, 2011, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

It's next to the firewall/back to the right.

I am sorry, I don't want to sound like an a$$ but if you don't know where is the cup for your brake fluid you should have somebody else do it for you. I'm sure if you ask the guys at Autozone they will help you.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dacib
I am sorry, I don't want to sound like an a$$ but if you don't know where is the cup for your brake fluid you should have somebody else do it for you. I'm sure if you ask the guys at Autozone they will help you.
i've never had to replace my brake fluid so i never bothered to pay attention to where the the filling point is. im still learning about everything in the engine and what it does. i did say i was a noob to these kinda things

Quick Reply: Crappy Gas Milage?!