Notices

Best way to tint lights?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2011, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I sprayed mine with night shade and got questioned about it from a cop. He said the law here states that ' you need to be able to see the brake lights clearly from 500 ft. away on a sunny day. I did three coats with the night shade and it turned out great and he said it was fine.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

I never get picked on by cops knock on wood for my mods. Only things like my headlight being out or no front license plate lol
Old Jun 28, 2011, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

my town cops just dont care, i drive around with my parking lights on during the day, it looks sick and you can see threw
Old Jun 28, 2011, 07:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have used vht nite shades on my eclipses taillights and it turned out good...You have to be really carefull spraying it though because its really thin and easy to run.On the evo I took a different approach.I hated the clear/chrome but didnt want to pay the money for evo7 tails,I work at a bodyshop so i just took blue fineline tape and masked off the signal section and I scuffed the rest lightly with grey scotchbrite.Then I took some glasurit clearcoat and dumped some red into it.I shot 2 coats of that.It turned out to be a nice transparent red and looks just like the JDM 7 tails but it was free
Old Jun 29, 2011, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by NJRalliart
haha yes, i painted them
LMAO! I didnt notice that in your sig! :P I was thinking about doing that but someone on here told me not to. said the paint chips and wears away too easy. But whatever I think Im going to do mine as well.

And thanks again for all the details everyone. I think Im going to try some of those bluebatmobile vinyls first. I dont fully trust my skills with paint yet! :P
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

well "someone on here" is stupid haha. if you do it right it will be fine. i mean paint is goign to chip on the front.. i mean the regular paint gets chips in it from driving ish happens lol.

just make sure you get enough coats. and clear coat it thats all
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by lanzerralliart
I would check your local laws before you do anything. I have a friend that tinted his tails and got a fix it ticket that was more of a hassle than it was worth having tinted tail lights. I'm pretty sure he feels the same way

What state was this in?!