Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
what I was looking for to sort out turns 2/3:

http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Turn_...rts_Park_track
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by mikemike396
Whats the location of this? Like address. Wonder how far of a drive from east ohio it is..
6 hours 40 minutes from cleveland on I-90 E...

Originally Posted by RalliartN
what I was looking for to sort out turns 2/3:

http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Turn_...rts_Park_track
nice find, but they don't label each circuit...i find turn 4 troublesome in the nelson configuration....2 and 3 i have not mastered either because the entrance to 3 is the exit of 2 but they are differect arcs so finding the right speed and entry/exit points will require some more practice...like you can enter 2 with speed easily, and cut through it in almost a straight line, but that makes it impossible to maintain speed through 3...and i have not yet taken turn 4 on the long track....

your new avatar made me laugh by the way
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
nice find, but they don't label each circuit...i find turn 4 troublesome in the nelson configuration....2 and 3 i have not mastered either because the entrance to 3 is the exit of 2 but they are differect arcs so finding the right speed and entry/exit points will require some more practice...like you can enter 2 with speed easily, and cut through it in almost a straight line, but that makes it impossible to maintain speed through 3...and i have not yet taken turn 4 on the long track....

your new avatar made me laugh by the way
thanks, yeah, sigh... I proposed to the most similar clone who would have me.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

went to the test & tune tonight...new personal best at 14.3 @ 95mph despite the heat, among other issues.. i did have to bump up the boost a little bit...will post details later
Old Jul 7, 2013, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Awesome, I know there is more ET improvement coming!

I just did the driving school on Friday, I was going to stay for the test n' tune but a motorcycle guy camping there said the bikes had the track in the evening so I thought there would be no drags so I just went home around 5 pm. Damn.

Geez, the school was worth the price of admission within the first hour!

I can't wait to practice, on my own, what I was taught. I'll post when I'm going to the track next, hopefully asap, hope to meet some of you there.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

I picked up a schedule last night at the track. The next mix n' match (short track and drag strip) is 6pm-9pm on Friday July 26. Don't know if this is posted on their website or not.

I'm going.

Last edited by RalliartN; Jul 16, 2013 at 03:25 PM.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

i probably won't go...on night shift that week, and it's not worth the day off, plus i'll be on duty with a pager, and i don't want to break down before the shootout.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 04:24 AM
Evolved Member

Saturday August 10th I'm going to the all-day lapping.; I like this because you are on the track for 1/2 hour sessions with the others.

When that is done, the test n' tune drag racing is on, think I'll stay to watch. Should be many of the serious players there to practice, since the next day Sunday is one of the Drag Series events.

Last edited by RalliartN; Aug 7, 2013 at 04:27 AM.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Interesting Tires Observation

Just did a full lapping day on Saturday. Still using BFG Comp2's. I checked other tires there on more dedicated track cars like Miata, S2000, Genesis with track pack, and Cayman, these all ran Star Specs or equivalent. The miata guy actually told me that he "hadn't heard good things" about my tires.

It was damp in morning, dry at mid-day, pouring rain in afternoon. In the rain these tires allowed me to lap at, I swear, 8/10's of dry grip. This was acceleration, cornering speed, and braking. I caught/passed all these cars that simply outmotored me in the dry. ha ha the miata spun out just as I caught him.

So just wanted to say, Comp2's might not be ultimate in dry, but they can make you a rain god. I wouldn't have believed it before I did it.

This muddies the waters a lot. I was going to try 'max performance' tires for stickiest grip to alleviate the occasional tire slip issue due to having no LSD, but tires that grip so well in the wet might be a compromise worth keeping.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

did you hear about the Porsche that burned to the ground on Friday night?

oh and i'll be attending the mix & match on the 27th, you wanna hang out?
Old Sep 9, 2013, 05:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
@ RalliartN, given that you drive your car to work etc and that it's not a track queen, I would say your current tyres more than meet the goals you have for track days. Another aspect of super grippy tyres is that they generate more loads through the suspension and more chassis flex too. I am happy to slide a little or have a lower corner speed, rather than have the chassis deflecting since eventually seams come apart, then you need seam welding and a roll cage.

The tread patterns on the RT615, Kumho XS and new Star Spec dont exactly scream water evacuation either, some of those tyres actually are not that good in water as you discovered and some user reviews on Tire Rack back it up..

Besides, did you factor in that you had the best car anyway and there's always the driver

Last edited by 2006_RA; Sep 9, 2013 at 05:58 AM.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

My Dunlop ZII's, which are the next gen replacement for for the Z1 star specs, are terrible in the wet...but in the dry, man oh man, i can barely break them loose at 12psi (boost, not tire pressure ).
Old Apr 16, 2014, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Any takers for mix and match on May 2nd ?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Pencil me in.

This season I'm going to try for three full trackdays, a few of the mix 'n matches, and any Friday evening sessions with the full road race course. I like watching the drags more than competing in them, so am partial to the full road course events.

If you are interested in a full trackday, which is cool because you are on the track with other cars and don't have to pull in every lap, let me know - its the ultimate playday and worth booking a day off work.

I ordered a set of Federal 595 RS-R's to try, probably won't be shipped until the end of April, but BFG Comp2's are better for cold and wet anyway. Yeah, my car was covered in snow this morning.

Last edited by RalliartN; Apr 16, 2014 at 08:39 AM.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2006_RA
Any takers for mix and match on May 2nd ?
I'm on night shift that week

Originally Posted by RalliartN
Yeah, my car was covered in snow this morning.
I thought she lives in the garage?

Quick Reply: Shannonville Motorsport Park (Ontario)