Notices

Carbon Fiber Hoods

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2011, 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
I can't believe anyone would want a CF hood more than an LSD...it's almost retarded.
Id choose a lsd over a cf hood but i paid 150 for my cf hood on craigslist. If i could find an lsd for that, id be all over it. Even a phantom grip for 100, id try it. Lol.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 08:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Raikiri
What's speedcorps saying about the hood? They seem legit under the new mgmt?
I asked if they stock the hood or if they place an order to ViS. They said he places the order to ViS once an order is placed through them. I asked for a picture of the hood and he said he would work on getting me a picture hopefully tomorow. He said shipping usualy takes about a week and he will get an exact price for me because he believed the website price was just cost and didn't include shipping cost, so I emailed back saying I thought shipping was free and now I am waiting for a response hopefully tomorow.

EDIT* I just received a follow up email, speedcorps said not all of the prices on the site are updated from the new management take over. The price he told me is the price on the website + whatever shipping would be. I think I'm going to have to pass on a CF hood for now.

Last edited by lancerralli06; Aug 18, 2011 at 09:16 PM.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 04:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
I just went to the speedcorps website and it seems they took the hoods off the site. Probably didn't want to honor their word about the free shipping as well as raise their price
Old Sep 2, 2011, 12:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just picked up this VIS Evo style hood. It needs a little work, however over-all it's in good shape.

Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lancerralli06
hmm the only reputable place I can find to buy cf hoods are from Extreme Dimensions or RRM. RRM's is out(don't feel like spending $850+). and ED only carries Carbon Creations but I don't know how well it will last. lol what a predicament, so either get a Carbon Creations hood or buy myself a new Bow haha.
check out body-kit.com some decent stuff, www.thelancershop.com also has decetn stuff but pricey, i got a hood on my car made by jeorge thats the ebst i can tell you, amazing fitment, awsome carbon been used for 4 years now no fade crack nothing still looks almsot brand new. i cant tell you were it came from tho i have no idea and cant find the website maybe a local toronto guy? only link online says madagascar or something
Old Sep 23, 2011, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
The guys that run body-kit.com site are accolade which isnt reputable on these forums. I would check ebay actually. There's a company selling the VIS hoods for not that bad a price
Old Sep 25, 2011, 07:05 AM

I'd like to say this keep it original and never mind waisting money on a hood it doesn't make your car go faster invest in suspension mods and under the hood and you will wake them up when you smoke them at the line. That's just my 2 CENTS.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Technically correct. However, a carbon or fibreglass hood saves quite a few pounds and nibbling away at weight can really add up. Plus a lot of the fun is modifying the appearance to show individuality - gotta have fun too
Old Sep 26, 2011, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AMSOIL-LANCER
I'd like to say this keep it original and never mind waisting money on a hood it doesn't make your car go faster invest in suspension mods and under the hood and you will wake them up when you smoke them at the line. That's just my 2 CENTS.
I can already beat the majority of cars in our class. I don't want to dump tons of money into this RA to create something thats still not rediculously fast. I love my RA for what it is and part of that is appearance. To you, it may be wasting money, to others it may be giving their car weight reduction or a more aggresive appearance. I'm fine with my current performance mods that I can take Hondas all day with until I get another vehicle to move me into a higher performance.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 07:58 PM
Evolving Member

id rather drive without a hood then waste money on a carbon fiber hood for this car lol.
i mean honestly its not going to make it any better lol.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

Just in case anyone else cares...there seems to be a new EvoX style hood available for our RA. Never seen it in person and haven't heard of anyone owning one so i couldn't speak on fitment or how it actually looks on the car.

FYI...Carbon Fiber Link...Fiberglass Link
Old Nov 2, 2012, 09:58 AM

I bought mine new directly from VIS. They price matched one on ebay for $450. I have had it for a year now and it still looks brand new. I live in Florida and wax it once every month or so. I haven't seen any cracking or fading either! It is hard to make it perfectly flush though.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 03:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
FWIW

I bought a VIS in 2005 and it lasted 2 years before it looked so bad I had to paint it. I would hope they are using better resins by now, but whatever they used on mine bubbled and clouded very quickly in the sunlight. Windshield washer holes were drilled to big and fitment was 8/10. Recently I repaired the carbon which delaminated around the hood latch.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kapitolralliart
Just in case anyone else cares...there seems to be a new EvoX style hood available for our RA. Never seen it in person and haven't heard of anyone owning one so i couldn't speak on fitment or how it actually looks on the car.

FYI...Carbon Fiber Link...Fiberglass Link
unless the car has a kit on, I can imagine this hood by itself will not flow so well
Old Nov 4, 2012, 09:07 PM

There is actually a guy around me who is selling one of these. I went to check it out before my car got taken away by Hurricane Sandy and it looked pretty nice. he said he had it for a few years and it still looked mint. I like the evo 8 style ones better though.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Hoods