Notices

Help

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2013, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Help

I have a 2006 mitsubishi lancer ralliart all stock. I was wondering if this: http://roadracemotorsports.com/store...products_id=97

Is it all bolt on and will it will fit on to the rest of my stock exhaust. like where it attaches to the rest of my stock exhaust will it just bolt on to the rest of the piping?
also does it look like the one in the picture or does it look like this one?

: mitsu::m itsu:
: mitsu::m itsu:
:h elpme::hel pme:
Old Apr 29, 2013, 11:01 PM

Well if you get it for the proper year and transmission then it should bolt up just fine, RRM is a company used by many on here, I doubt they'd sell products that are simply bolt on that don't fit properly.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It will bolt on. You can save a couple hundred bucks by going to a muffler shop and having them do a custom catback for you. Both will yield nearly identical results. I had a magnaflow muffler installed for $180 and it fits and sounds great.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 12:54 PM

That^ the price for the catback isn't worth it imo. Local shop can do a good job for less than half.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 02:28 PM

Thumbs up

I was gonna get one custom made but there a no good shops in edmonton, ive seen some of the work that has been done by some of the places here and I could weld better. Im just worried that mine will end up just being a hack job like the ones ive seen.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Caviar
I was gonna get one custom made but there a no good shops in edmonton, ive seen some of the work that has been done by some of the places here and I could weld better. Im just worried that mine will end up just being a hack job like the ones ive seen.
You should check out ABC muffler and Hitch, hear they're good....
Old Apr 30, 2013, 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by Caviar
lol, when you saw the hack jobs, the car was off the ground right? lol, if you get a mig welded aluminized steel exhaust system, i promise i won't crawl under your car to look at it...

and if you're a decent welder, why not fab something up yourself, instead of voluntarily bending over for RRM and letting them dig through you wallet...

seriously though, bolt on is all good until you try to bolt it onto a rusty cat...if i were you i'd weigh my options a little longer before spending that kind of money on something with so little benefit.
Old May 1, 2013, 07:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
lol, when you saw the hack jobs, the car was off the ground right? lol, if you get a mig welded aluminized steel exhaust system, i promise i won't crawl under your car to look at it...

and if you're a decent welder, why not fab something up yourself, instead of voluntarily bending over for RRM and letting them dig through you wallet...

seriously though, bolt on is all good until you try to bolt it onto a rusty cat...if i were you i'd weigh my options a little longer before spending that kind of money on something with so little benefit.

What he said. If you want to get it done, just get a custom one. I was going to do a catback myself but decided to just get a new muffler and sexy tip!
Old May 2, 2013, 06:05 PM

no like hack job where I dont know if it would last longer then a year, and abc is where the hack job was done but yes from what ive heard they are the best but I dont want to be hoping on getting a good guy working on my car
Old May 2, 2013, 07:23 PM
Hail to the Beard

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
OP, I bought that exact same exhaust a few years ago when I had my 2006 RA. It was direct bolt on and sounded awesome - nice low growl, not ricey at all. That said, IMO, the in-cabin noise was far too loud for me for a DD. I ended up selling it and going back to stock a few months later.
Old May 3, 2013, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bearded Woman
OP, I bought that exact same exhaust a few years ago when I had my 2006 RA. It was direct bolt on and sounded awesome - nice low growl, not ricey at all. That said, IMO, the in-cabin noise was far too loud for me for a DD. I ended up selling it and going back to stock a few months later.
thanks sounds good