Notices

Ralliart Lancer vs. (insert model) [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2004, 06:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boni
ill eat your stage 2 wrx up.
Not to be "That Guy" which it seems that your being...but what do you have against WRX’s?

I never said lancers are trash or suck..I think that the entire line is all pretty nice...and I've seen pictures of your ride...pretty sweet.

So what’s up with all the Hate
Old Jul 1, 2004, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

You know, ill love WRX as much as IUP200 do if it only costs 16k. You cant fight the price. Plus, i think IUP200's WRX is F-A-S-T. So dont hold any grudge against WRX, think of it as STi's younger brother (like RA to Evos).
Old Jul 1, 2004, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

I dont hate the WRX eitehr. I personally dont like the look of the 02 that much. Something about the headlights and tailights just doesnt sit well with me, but I do appreciate the car. Nice car. I do LOVE the changes for 04 that Subaru made to the car with the look. I am glad you like your car and hold no grudge here. Hell, you would eat me up...FOR NOW mwaahahaha mwaaahahahahaha.
Old Jul 1, 2004, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

thanks Jesse and Mitsumichael...see there is the LOVE....Mitsumichael, you don't like the Headlights.......GO BUGEYES...
but anyway...glad to see some people around here Like the WRX...
My goal is to get her around 315-330 HP then I'm done....the BAD part about the WRX is that Trans....they can seem to only hold about 100hp over stock...so after an Up-pipe and Headers, I'm probably done...but that should probably get me well over 300HP...RRM has a nice Up-pipe Header combo for $829..they claim 23 WHP and 34lb/ft of torque at the wheels
SO that would Put me at 248 WHP and 257 lb/ft of torque at the wheels
that should be well over 300 HP

thats Right BONI...Roadrace didn't forget about the LOVE

WRX - big brother STI ... RALLIART - Big Brother EVO...we can all just be one big happy family...and go around beating up Hondas...

wait a minute...we can't forget the little little brothers ES, LS, OZ, & 2.5RS

Last edited by IUP200; Jul 1, 2004 at 06:55 PM.
Old Jul 1, 2004, 09:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mitsumichael7
I dont hate the WRX eitehr. I personally dont like the look of the 02 that much. Something about the headlights and tailights just doesnt sit well with me, but I do appreciate the car. Nice car. I do LOVE the changes for 04 that Subaru made to the car with the look. I am glad you like your car and hold no grudge here. Hell, you would eat me up...FOR NOW mwaahahaha mwaaahahahahaha.
mitsumichael, i drive an 02 Impreza TS which has the same lights as the WRX.... i dont see it that bad... tsk tsk
Old Jul 1, 2004, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IUP200
wait a minute...we can't forget the little little brothers ES, LS, OZ, & 2.5RS
Don't forget my 2.5TS !!!
Old Jul 1, 2004, 11:31 PM
Evolving Member

Location: Langley (Vancouver Suburbs), British Columbia, Canada
I personally think WRX's are kick ***. I prefer Lancer's though but, Subaru is an awesome company as is Mitsubishi and with their powers combined they become Captain Honda Thrasher
Old Jul 2, 2004, 12:53 AM
Evolving Member

LOL... suddenly, we all gang up on Hondas :P

How about WRX vs Ralliart in terms of practical daily driving?
A used WRX is about 4000 CDN more than a Ralliart (not including the extra insurance and stuff). 4000 CDN for lots more horsepower and AWD.
But in daily driving, is it usable? Or do you have to take your WRX to the track to have fun?

Last thing I want is a pile of speeding tickets from going WAY over :P
Old Jul 2, 2004, 01:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jesse00
mitsumichael, i drive an 02 Impreza TS which has the same lights as the WRX.... i dont see it that bad... tsk tsk
Jesse, sorry bro but the headlights and tail lights are FUGLY on that car...but its cool I still like em. Nuttin but luv fo ya...hehe.

Now to the newest question about the WRX vs RA for daily driving, I paid about 500 bux more for my RA new than our other guy for his used one which makes a little difference, but the power thing isnt comparable. The WRX isnt so fast to think it is a FAST car, it is just quicker than us and not by THAT much in stock trim. The AWD is nice and I dont have anything bad to say about it for any reason and I would kick myself if I tried. Personally if the 02 WRX looked like the 04 does now I would buy a used WRX over the new RA all day, but once again, I dont really care for the look of the used WRX as much as the Lancer. But if you were to buy and drive either one you would probably be happy...just for different reasons.
Old Jul 2, 2004, 05:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jesse00
Don't forget my 2.5TS !!!
sorry..my bad

but as to daily driving of a WRX -vs- a ralliart....
well the track is always fun, and I live out in the country with lots of back roads..(lots of turns)..where the WRX is truly in it's element...I know where all the cops sit (for some reason, the same place, at the same times )

now I'm not saying that I fly around all over the place all the time..but just a few spirited runs every now and then. having that kind of power is just like......well it makes you feel better just because it's there

and your right, stock vs stock, there isn't much of a difference..when I was stock, I ran 14.5...now I'm in the Low 13's...I just need to get her into the 12's, and I'll be happy.
Old Jul 2, 2004, 11:18 PM
Evolving Member

Subaru is not that great due to their large powerloss in the tranny. Subaru still doesnt want to fix the problem, if the problem can be fixed..... Well, I dont love my 2.5TS, but I dont hate it either
Old Jul 2, 2004, 11:26 PM
Evolving Member

Location: Langley (Vancouver Suburbs), British Columbia, Canada
Well, I love RA's.
Old Jul 3, 2004, 12:39 AM
Evolving Member

Well, I love my 78hp FWD Corolla.

I'll SCHOOL your RA's and WRX's with my 25.6 quarter mile times and 0-60 times of 2.3 minutes!!! MWA HA HA HA....

just kidding

Anyways, I guess if I wanted something where I can do spirited driving most of the time, should probably go with something with down-low torque. The Ralliart and the 2.5RS (haven't driven this one yet) seem to fit that bill, in my opinion. I would think having a WRX might not be as "fun" in less spirited drives, where as the other cars (with their low down torque) are fun for just jumping off the line. :P Just my thoughts.
Old Jul 3, 2004, 04:07 AM
Evolved Member

As much as you would like to compare these two cars you really cant. The RA is flat out faster than the 2.5 RS, but that car is AWD drive. They supply totally driving experiences and to be totally honest, both would rock!! I like em both and modifying either would be fun. I know have intake and exhaust and I am going to get the off road pipe for my RA here in 2 weeks or so and then it is track time!!! I'll keep ya posted when that EVENTUALLY happens.
Old Jul 3, 2004, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

OK I am posting again...new comparison for us. Today on my way home from work I came up to stop light and a friend of mine from work, who drives a 98 200SX SE-R, is even with me about 4 cars deep at the light. We talk for a minute cuz we always talk about our cars at night and this was the first time we had ever lined up together. He takes a pic of my car with his camera phone (he was jocking my spoiler) then the light turns green. He is on the inside track on a left hand turn and we let it fly. I SUPRISINGLY TORE HIS CAR APART through this turn. I was thinking he must not have been trying so that was it. About 5 miles later down the freeway we slow down and shoot the **** a little more as we drive. Then he gives the little wink and downshifts into 4th and tries to take off. Then I totally realize whats going on and just push down on the pedal not even shifting out of 5th gear. From there I pretty much broke him off in ugly fashion. So this isnt the Spec-V, but it is the SE-R. So if anyone wants to know, the older Sentra or 200SX are no real contest for the RA. OK thats the end of my long comparison story.

Quick Reply: Ralliart Lancer vs. (insert model) [MERGED]