Notices

Ralliart Lancer vs. (insert model) [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2004, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well thats becuse mivec is three stages instead of two like vtec. vtec is like off and on mivec is like off, half way, on kinda reduces the wow factor still love it though
Old Sep 18, 2004, 06:18 PM

[QUOTE=SlvrRalliart04]Once I drove the Ralliart there was no need I felt to drive the Mazda 3. I had a feeling that the 3 wouldn't have the more powerful engine or better handling suspension or brakes.

Same here, after I test drove RA, I went back to my local Mitsu dealer the following week and drove it home!
Old Sep 20, 2004, 01:50 PM

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by sicc22
well thats becuse mivec is three stages instead of two like vtec. vtec is like off and on mivec is like off, half way, on kinda reduces the wow factor still love it though
FROM MIVEC
MIVEC

Remarkable MIVEC Engine makes power performance and environmental protection compatible
MIVEC = Mitsubishi Innovative Valve timing Electronic Control system
The dual-intake valve camshaft enables changing between low-speed and high-speed modes, resulting in easy operation from low to high rpms, improving the driving experience when starting from a stop light, merging onto the freeway, or accelerating to overtake another car. In the pursuit of pure driving enjoyment, potentially incompatible goals like fuel economy, environment-friendliness, and clean driving have all been achieved. [Low-speed Mode]
The difference in the dual-intake valve lift (low lift and medium lift) and enhanced in-cylinder streaming further stabilize combustion without compromising fuel economy, emissions, and torque.
[High-speed Mode]
Extending the injection valve opening time and expanding the valve lift range increases intake air mass and achieves output close to best in class.

iVTEC uses the same variable lift and duration on the exhaust valves not just the intake like MITSU. Plus iVTEC engines are DOHC, the RA engine is only SOHC.

Last edited by 403RA; Sep 20, 2004 at 01:58 PM.
Old Sep 28, 2004, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ThriceNotRice
well it is a given through common sense....

rsx is lighter, has more ponies, and probably more aerodynamic than a ralliart.
The RSX is, what, 10 lbs lighter than the RA? It won't make any difference. As for the aerodynamics, you're right, RSX is probably slightly better, but still won't make much difference in a 1/4 mile.
Old Oct 2, 2004, 05:39 PM

I came to this site trough a friend who own a RA, but i own a RSX Type-S and on a RSX forum we have had this disscussion about RA vs. RSX-S. the general consensus was the the RA should not be compared to the RSX-S. I hav raced my friend in his RA, and 1st trough half of second gear i was behind, after about 6k RPM when i-VTEC kicked in all the way to the end if third(8600K RPM at about 80 or so MPH) i was about a car length on him.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 12:13 AM

Exclamation ralliart vs. celica gts

i know that the cleica has about 18 more horseper than the ralliat but the ralliart has more torque i was wondering if the ralliart will hang with the celica?
Old Oct 11, 2004, 12:20 AM
Evolving Member

In a word, no. If anything, the GT-S might drive circles around us, at least once it gets up in the RPMs.

Last edited by no1v2; Oct 11, 2004 at 12:28 AM.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 12:51 AM
Evolved Member

STOCK vs. STOCK

Ralli-Art will own a GT
GT-S will take us, but not by much.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 12:52 AM

i rode in my brothers gt-s and it didnt seem that fast.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

^^^ cuz there's no trq in that car, so there really isnt lower - mid pickup, once lift kicks in (higher RPMs), they'll just pull. Thou in my city, ive only seen one GTS and over 20 gt, so i guess im very lucky, haha.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

ralliart VS grand am gt ram-air

Hey, this is sad...but a friend of mine says he'll take me on 0-60 and 1/4 mile. I laughed and told him he was dead wrong. So, we took it to the drag strip and went at it. I had just changed over to my kumho winter tires and they don't have much grip in the dry. So, on take off he was a full car length ahead of me by the time I got in second and it statyed there as I got more grip. We did some rolling pulls and we were side by side and not one advantage. I was quite surprised. Anyone else had any experiences with these cars?
Old Oct 11, 2004, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

fast cars but ugly.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

They are quick, but after 60k miles on them, they go to sh*t.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 11:26 AM

My brother used to have one before he moved to mustang land....and I will agree, they are fast, and they really do go to hell after about 65-70k miles (He bought the 'stang cause his grand am was needing repairs everytime he turned around). I never got a chance to race him with my lancer, but it was pretty slick for a GM that is only available in auto.

Also, not that im saying anything bad about anyones driving technique, a manual transmission can cut both ways when it comes to speed. A good stick driver is certainly faster than an auto driver, but if the manual driver is having an off day, misses a shift, or is just not very experianced the auto can actually have the edge (I personally fall into the Not very experianced camp.

I also noted that you dont have your piggyback in yet....get that in and go back to the track. I hope you have a personalized plate, because he will probably have plenty of time to read it. : )
Old Oct 11, 2004, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

I have an auto...
I went head to head with one (at the track, of course!)
And although I didn't get off the line like I wanted to the Ram-Air had me in 0-40 but then it evened up & I pretty much ended taking it (if not being tied) by the hair on my *****...
I as well, was surprised by this!

Quick Reply: Ralliart Lancer vs. (insert model) [MERGED]