Old Mar 5, 2004, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Hellacious
The Ralliart can spank 2.5 RS's all day though
maybe but if you go offroad, thats another story
Old Mar 6, 2004, 09:15 AM

WOW!! 14.9sec in a 1/4 thats impressive. Then i guess we could take on the type-s. If we get the right launch and good shifts we could beat it. Also when i raced my friend in his types-s it wasnt 1/4 it was just on the street and we didnt go that far. You know what that means. REMATCH!! Ill post the results in a couple of days.
Old Mar 6, 2004, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

dont read too much into that 14.9 time. No "non-professional" driver has hit that mark yet, but people are smacking around that 15.7 time all over the place. But then again, the RSX times are also with "pro" drivers so go get him and let us know how you did.
Old Mar 6, 2004, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

thanks for the info.......if it's a RSX-S....I'll be sure to show him the power for the first 2 gears and then slow down....like he's too slow to race....
Old Mar 6, 2004, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by T.O. Rallisport
thanks for the info.......if it's a RSX-S....I'll be sure to show him the power for the first 2 gears and then slow down....like he's too slow to race....
HAHA, I know alot of people that do that. They have cars that have pull potential and they'll only race to about 60 and then they'll slow down like they had them easily beat lol
Old Mar 6, 2004, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

I was suggesting cars by demographics. All the cars I mentioned are POSSIBLE cars for people in the same age group and perhaps mind set (all are tuner cars).

Other cars in this catagory would include cars like the Mazda 3 and the civic Si and SIR.
Old Mar 6, 2004, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by ski10804life
the RA i would deff pick over all of those cars, And in the other thread that talks about racing an RSX type-s well iw ould take the RA over that to because v-tec engines suck lol mivec is better. and my friend has a rsx-typ-s and it feels like a turd when i drive it haha
wat do u base on that vtec engine suck and mivec is any better? that's just a stupid comment
Old Mar 6, 2004, 04:01 PM

nobody can really say that.... but......

VTEC and MIVEC probably both bring out egual power from an engine, but the MIVEC system starts working around 3500rpm and keeps going until redline, whereas VTEC only works after like 6000rpm.
Old Mar 6, 2004, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by onet0nsoup

wat do u base on that vtec engine suck and mivec is any better? that's just a stupid comment
I think he was joking based on an older thread. I know its hard to tell in print but I am pretty sure he was, thats why he put the "lol" after that vtec sucks statement. But for the record, vtec is great, but MIVEC is superior. When you get into the details you will find that part of the statement to be true. (this has also been discussed in detail and you can find other cars in Japan that have been using MIVEC for years with great success)
Old Mar 9, 2004, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Alright, so does anyone else have any other tidbits to add regarding the performance for dollar aspect of this car?

I personally think it is missing a little in the interior refinements (such as heated seats) and as well in the security aspect or the lack there of (no imobilizer or alarm system standard).

For only a few thousand more you get all that in a GTI (for example) plus turbo (sorry..had to...hehe).

Having said that, its still a great car outta the box.
Old Mar 9, 2004, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

And for a few thousand more, you get a car with a nice spotty reputation like the GTI. I was originally in the market for a Jetta/GTI, and after reading hundreds of horror stories about their reliability, I backed out and went Mitsu.

Not saying that this car is 100% bulletproof of a design, but the all Japanese design and construction should be enough to make it last for years to come.
Old Mar 9, 2004, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

I agree with you tho, DaddyMac. I was confused it didn't have any sort of alarm, when my econo Cavalier came standard with one (even though it sucked). Still, the RA is a great ride.
Old Mar 9, 2004, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

I was told mine was equipped with a factory immobolizer, standard feature....maybe i should see if I can hot-wire it.
Old Mar 9, 2004, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

pocoRA - If you find it in a manual or any written documentation that the RA comes w/ a immobolizer standard I'd LOVE to see it.

The other thing that ALOT of cars have now is a built in chip in the key. I've had my dealer say that they could basicly make pigs fly w/ the right money...but these are features that the car SHOULD come w/ ya know.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 12:53 AM
Evolved Member

I honestly cant believe that you guys are complaining about these things. The cars are under $20K in their TOP MODEL!! The features you are talking about would be nice, but not for the low *** number that we get a great car for. The performance with both the engine and the suspension are unparalleled for the buck! And if the car did get those little things that you are talking about and the price was a little higher, lets say $21K...I wouldnt have bought this car. My appeal, and I am SURE I am not the only one here was the bang for the buck at under $17K!

Quick Reply: Ralliart Lancer vs. (insert model) [MERGED]