Notices

Ralliart Lancer vs. (insert model) [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2004, 05:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats a personal thing though man. For SOME people performance dollar for the buck is more important. However, some of us look at the whole package.

And you forget that the new civics (oddly enough around the same price...hmm) DO have immobolizers and chips in the keys (Not 100% on the chip in the key). I don't see the point in a manufacturer making a great car (which the RA is) if its going to be VERY easy to steal?
Old Mar 10, 2004, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Daddymac
I was suggesting cars by demographics. All the cars I mentioned are POSSIBLE cars for people in the same age group and perhaps mind set (all are tuner cars).

Other cars in this catagory would include cars like the Mazda 3 and the civic Si and SIR.
Demographically? You are sampling in a wrong way implying mercedes owners are in the same boat as RA owners in age or money power.

As for the VTEC comment, it's a little off base. VTEC is generally used in small displacemnt cars (b-series) while the RA has a bigger displacement motor.

Apples to Apple of bigger diaplacemnt: H22 vs 4g69. Both motors offset each other in a certain way.

Last edited by bahamut; Mar 10, 2004 at 06:18 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Thats a personal thing though man. For SOME people performance dollar for the buck is more important. However, some of us look at the whole package.

And you forget that the new civics (oddly enough around the same price...hmm) DO have immobolizers and chips in the keys (Not 100% on the chip in the key). I don't see the point in a manufacturer making a great car (which the RA is) if its going to be VERY easy to steal?
OK, I am not trying to star and argument, but I am going to try and put it into a whole package perspective for a moment.

Honda Civic...$16,860 M.S.R.P for the EX coupe in base trim. To make it have near the same accessories you have to add $2206. (I made a list on the honda website to get that number it was a little long winded to post in an already long posting.)
That brings you to $19,066 and you are still getting a cassette player, no CD, a 127 hp 114 tq motor, rear drums, 15" wheels and you still havent added the cost of the things you want added to your "whole package" car. Not to mention the inferior suspension and MANY other aspects including the honda 36K warranty vs. the 100K warranty and the Lancer has a better reliability rating than the Civic. ( I know that is a rating for the regualr Lancer, but it shows a pattern, no?) I can go on and on but I TOTALLY understand what you are saying. Personally the only accessory problem I have with the RA was the fact that there is no option for Leather...even at added cost, as far as I know of.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

All valid points...

The only option I wish the RA had was heated seats....SUCH a good feature....well, not so much for you...lol...you live in Cali.. heh
Old Mar 10, 2004, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Hellacious
The Ralliart can spank 2.5 RS's all day though
then you fail to notice the next pseudo 2.5rs and notice an intercooler, peace out ralliart.... this next car is a wrx

i do like ralliarts though, my friend has one, for an n\a its pretty smooth, but in this debacle i would have to say the Integra type-s
Old Mar 10, 2004, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

I've seen these two drag before at the strip here.....the RA was running a 16 flat.....switched drivers and was running a 15.7xx the rsx's(there were about 8 of them were all running mid to upper 14's with some exceptions running mid to upper 15's.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by hyp36rmax

then you fail to notice the next pseudo 2.5rs and notice an intercooler, peace out ralliart.... this next car is a wrx

i do like ralliarts though, my friend has one, for an n\a its pretty smooth, but in this debacle i would have to say the Integra type-s
you know, I am not at all impressed with the wrx. granted they will spank me, but on the highway I give them a run for their money. Some guy thought I had an evo, until he passed me at 110mph. There torque band kind of sucks, but all in all it is still a great car!
Old Mar 10, 2004, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

I dont know if mitsu offers that kind of feature in any of there cars. Diamante maybe? SUV maybe? Dont think the Eclipse or Evo do. Lancer doesnt. Galant...dont think so?
Old Mar 10, 2004, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Sonantoni
I've seen these two drag before at the strip here.....the RA was running a 16 flat.....switched drivers and was running a 15.7xx the rsx's(there were about 8 of them were all running mid to upper 14's with some exceptions running mid to upper 15's.
i was gonna say, cause when i read 14.9 in motortrend, i was like theres no way an RA stock is faster than a se-r spec v stock. i mean it is a drivers race, but if the drivers are equal the se-r should win since it can run 15.1 stock (not mag numbers....) but not by much. the only differance is that it has 175 hp and 180tq. but the ra does a decent job of keepin up.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Evo Spec VIII

i was gonna say, cause when i read 14.9 in motortrend, i was like theres no way an RA stock is faster than a se-r spec v stock. i mean it is a drivers race, but if the drivers are equal the se-r should win since it can run 15.1 stock (not mag numbers....) but not by much. the only differance is that it has 175 hp and 180tq. but the ra does a decent job of keepin up.
I am going to throw one wrench into your statement here. (that is why we are here right...lol) If you say that the spec V is running 15.1 and not a mag number (which if I recall is the same number that motortrend threw out there) than I have this. I was reading a magazine here the other day when I was waiting to get my buddy's galant dropped and they did dyno runs and step by step runs with upgrades on the spec V Sentra. Started with the stock spec V and then went to intake and ran again. Then exhaust and ran again. Then header and ran again. The end result with numbers isnt important, but wht is important is that the Spec V dynoed 141.1 WHP in stock trim. It is well known that the RA did 140+ WHP stock as well. So once again I say...WHY THE HELL NOT!!!! Who is to say that the RA cant do it with a pro driver!!! And for the record, we are now changing from RSX-S to the Sentra Spec V. (which is also a better $$$ and HP comparison) My final statement on yet another long winded reply on my behalf is to give the ralliart some time. When there are more and more of them on the road, racing, and getting parts done, we will truly see what the car is capable of. Judging what one guy see's at some street race or someone else reads in a mag isnt truly fair.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Sonantoni
the rsx's(there were about 8 of them were all running mid to upper 14's with some exceptions running mid to upper 15's.
And you were probably also seeing some pretty modified RSX-S's running mid to high 14's and probably near stock ones running mid to high 15's. So once again I would say go ahead and race one in your RA and see how you do. If he is stock and you are stock, I would say driver will play a BIG part!!!
Old Mar 10, 2004, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by mitsumichael7

I am going to throw one wrench into your statement here. (that is why we are here right...lol) If you say that the spec V is running 15.1 and not a mag number (which if I recall is the same number that motortrend threw out there) than I have this. I was reading a magazine here the other day when I was waiting to get my buddy's galant dropped and they did dyno runs and step by step runs with upgrades on the spec V Sentra. Started with the stock spec V and then went to intake and ran again. Then exhaust and ran again. Then header and ran again. The end result with numbers isnt important, but wht is important is that the Spec V dynoed 141.1 WHP in stock trim. It is well known that the RA did 140+ WHP stock as well. So once again I say...WHY THE HELL NOT!!!! Who is to say that the RA cant do it with a pro driver!!! And for the record, we are now changing from RSX-S to the Sentra Spec V. (which is also a better $$$ and HP comparison) My final statement on yet another long winded reply on my behalf is to give the ralliart some time. When there are more and more of them on the road, racing, and getting parts done, we will truly see what the car is capable of. Judging what one guy see's at some street race or someone else reads in a mag isnt truly fair.

the se-r is a 6-speed all the reviews i've read wished the ra had a 6-speed. the reason the drivetrain eats up more power is because the se-r spec v has a helical limited slip differancial. the RA DOESN'T. lsd's do effect the percentage lost through the drivetrain. BUT if you look at the newer se-r spec v's (04 and up) you will see that they consistantly make around 153whp because they swtiched to a wideband o2 sensor and desensitized the overactive knock sensor. my point in posting that was not to bash on RA's i like them, i was just saying that its just bogus for a magazine to claim 14.9 for that car in stock form without backing it up. sorry if i offended you i didn't mean to. i no once an ra is modded it is probably equal to it in a straight line, but it won't touch the spec v's handling in stock form.

Last edited by Evo Spec VIII; Mar 10, 2004 at 11:14 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 01:10 PM
LDB
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As long as we're wishing let's make it a winter package of heated seats and mirrors. The post about the true cost of a comparable Honda to RA is right on. It takes anywhere from a few to several thousand dollars more to get a Honda that closely matches a Mitsu, regardless of which model of each you are trying to match up.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 01:15 PM

well the RA does have a chip in the key and i believe i've also read that it has an immobilizer, saw it in either the hand book or the sticker on the window in the dealers
Old Mar 10, 2004, 04:09 PM
Evolving Member

When i was at the dealer looking they said it came standard with an "alarm system", didn't go into detail as to whether it was just an immobilzer or more...as well, they said it has heated mirrors, but no heated seats...

and I agree, that for the cars I've seen the RA is by far the best package for the low dollars.

Quick Reply: Ralliart Lancer vs. (insert model) [MERGED]