Notices

Ralliart Lancer vs. (insert model) [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2005, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know the RA and tib have the same warranty, but you really never want to use the warranty, that means your new car broke down. don't get the hyundia, the tib is not a good car. It rates low in reliabilty. The Lancer has a pretty good rating over all except resale value. Go with the RA you won't regret it.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 10:51 AM

I can't speak for the 05 Tibby but I have a friend with an 03 V6 Tibby and we have run a couple of times (we are both stock). My Ralliart is quicker off the line by a bit and then I can pull away just a bit till about 75mph and then we maintain the same spread then I start to loose a bit of ground as we get close to 95. Not sure of the specifics time wise etc. but maybe this will give you some idea. Personally I would take my RA any day of the week.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 12:20 PM

actually the tibby rates pretty high in reliability...its the hyundai name that just seems to be a turn off for some people. hyundai's have gotten better and better in quality since they stopped using mitsu engines...curious...oh well...personally i think the gear selector on the ralliart is much better than the crap nissan piece in the tibby (same one as in a spec)...and thats more than enough combined wit gas mileage to make it a better car in my opinion

-solotC
Old Mar 1, 2005, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

hyundai?

, never would I consider such a thing. A v6 w/ 170hp? That's sooooooo disapointing, when a 4banger makes 162hp.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a few friends have modded tib gt's. i smacked them, every time. i only ever lost to one v6 tib, and here is it's engine:

notice the supercharger....on a v6..... and still 13.7's.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

well here it is in my eyes. I work for an Imported auto parts dealer in Michigan. The tibby isn't that easy to find aftermarket replacement parts for. Its almost all dealer. not to long ago I had a call from a shop about parts to replace for collision work. I bought almost all of the parts from the dealer. The cars been out for a few years and theres not much availible. As for the ralliart. I haven't had one call on them and they probably won't have a lot of parts out either. but I think that the mits down the road will be eaiser to find replacement parts then the tibby.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

if ya didnt know...The Tibby is german engineered and u can do your research on da car on the tibby forums....

second...Rippmods have a tibby pushin 319whp and there are videos of da dyno to prove it

overall...the tibby is a machine...and i would take da tibby over da ralliart
Old Mar 1, 2005, 01:51 PM

i was stuck between the ralliart and tiburon gt also before buying the ralliart and i dont regret it at all. test drove both and the ralliart had better handling, seats, and more space. i also liked the interior, simple and clean. best way to decide is to go test drive both. and whenever you have questions/comments, you can come here. people here are really nice and informative unlike the hyundai forums. by the way, recent hyundais are suprisingly very reliable (not just saying this because im korean).
Old Mar 1, 2005, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ZooRacer
The Tibby is german engineered
Can you explain what you mean by that?

A RA with a stage 1 turbo kit puts out ~250hp. RA also weighs ~200lbs less than the Tibby, so mods will be more effective.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 03:43 PM
Evolving Member

There's one tibby in Rowland heights area puts out more than 350whp with turbo kit. If I remember correctly the owner's name is eric? he was on the turbo magazine before and I heard he's sponsored by hyundai factory or something.... he drives fullerton road alot.

I ran with him once, it pulls VERY STRONG!! even with its WRONG WHEEL DRIVE Powertrain (so as RA), it was definately fater than my almost stock EVO (intake and exhaust)

I think tibby has about same potential as RA if not more... but I would take tibby over RA anydays cuz it LOOKS MUCH BETTER than RA and mitsu is in financial trouble right now and hyundai is in better shape with no worry of warranty getting expired cuz of tracking.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ZooRacer
if ya didnt know...The Tibby is german engineered and u can do your research on da car on the tibby forums....

second...Rippmods have a tibby pushin 319whp and there are videos of da dyno to prove it

overall...the tibby is a machine...and i would take da tibby over da ralliart
So... Theres a guy from Puerto Rico on the boards that has a RA that dynoes at 510 hp. You can make anything go really fast if you put the money into it.

Maybe its just me, but I'd take Japanese over Korean any day. Cars that tend to use a wide variety of parts from different countries tend not to be so great. My friend had a ford Probe which was a horrible amalgim of Japanese and american parts. It was a piece. So if you have a german designed car (german cars rank lowest in reliabilty) combined with spotty Japanese parts and then manufactured in Korea (hyaundai dosen't rank high in reliability either) and you come out with a not so amazing car. I haven't really driven a Tibby myself but theres no way in hell I'd ever take one over my RA. The RA has some great mods. You can get the whole N/A package from road race (cat-back, CAI, and ECU) for under $1,000. and its good for about an extra 30hp from what I understand. Get that and there will be a whole lotta spanking going on for a reasoanable price.

The decider for me is originality. I hate having the same car as everybody else. I must have passed a dozen tiburons on my way to work today but the amount of RA's in my area, I can count on one hand. Its more practical too.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

IN PR, they have always set the standard in the world for being the fastest. Only Americans are ignorant enough to believe they CAN ONLY make faster cars. If they are willing to open their eyes, learn a few tricks, and stop mouthing off like a spoiled brat, Americans wouldn't be hiding in a turtle shell.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

whoa, I never said Americans were the fastest. I never claimed that PR was either. I know of A fast ralliart in PR. Dosen't mean we're all spoiled brats. I love Japanese cars but that dosen't mean that they are the fastest either. Did we forget about the Italians?
Old Mar 14, 2005, 09:27 PM
Evolving Member

i beat a gt tibby with a nice exhaust system.
Old Mar 19, 2005, 05:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by shiroboi
whoa, I never said Americans were the fastest. I never claimed that PR was either. I know of A fast ralliart in PR. Dosen't mean we're all spoiled brats. I love Japanese cars but that dosen't mean that they are the fastest either. Did we forget about the Italians?
Somehow, I don't/can't see Italians in Italy prefer to tune Japanese cars than mod-ding a Fiat or other euro cars.

Quick Reply: Ralliart Lancer vs. (insert model) [MERGED]