Notices

Ralliart Lancer vs. (insert model) [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2004, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Evo Spec VIII

the se-r is a 6-speed all the reviews i've read wished the ra had a 6-speed. the reason the drivetrain eats up more power is because the se-r spec v has a helical limited slip differancial. the RA DOESN'T. lsd's do effect the percentage lost through the drivetrain. BUT if you look at the newer se-r spec v's (04 and up) you will see that they consistantly make around 153whp because they swtiched to a wideband o2 sensor and desensitized the overactive knock sensor. my point in posting that was not to bash on RA's i like them, i was just saying that its just bogus for a magazine to claim 14.9 for that car in stock form without backing it up. sorry if i offended you i didn't mean to. i no once an ra is modded it is probably equal to it in a straight line, but it won't touch the spec v's handling in stock form.
Hey man its cool. I dont get offended at all about people with valid points in any way. I dont recall what year spec V was in the article, probably because I didnt think it mattered when I was reading the article. I personally dont have too much experience other than sitting in and looking at the Spec V. My only point with the whole 14.9 thing is, I dont think everyone should cry it isnt possible that this car CAN do it when similar cars are coming REAL close. I am not saying it DOES. I am just saying that it is POSSIBLE. Thats all. And if you notice the article, the one time that stands out isnt the full 1/4 mile, it is the 0-30 time of 1.9. That would have to be one hell of a launch! All the rest of the times seem to line up OK. Thats just my .02.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

thats a good point, the 0-30 is insane on that run.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Does anybody know what the parameters were in that run (if they were even listed)? Meaning, stock tires, warm or hot weather, on a track or street? Those all could play alot in the launch.
Old Mar 22, 2004, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

Ok, here's one I thought good for a laugh...

friend of mine ownes a Toy Matrix XR, and claims it can run a 1/4 in 14.3s...stock...

To help prove my point, the only 1/4 mile times I can find for the Matrix are for the XRS model, and they range from 16.6 - 14.7 b/c of mods and such....

Oh well, maybe after I get mine I'll have to take him to a track and see first hand about this "14.3"
Old Mar 23, 2004, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Hey, I don't profess to be the ultimate gearhead by any means, but I test drove a Spec V before I bought my ralliart and here was the article that changed my mind.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...2_0401_thrash/

As far as I can tell, the lancer is a little quicker 0-60 than the Spec-V because its a five speed and the gear ratio is just plain more efficient for 0-60 driving. More gears mean more shifting I suppose. This is the quote that got me.

"Shod with the same 17-inch tires, helical limited-slip differential, and--thank goodness--no traction control, the Nissan hustles and only the Mitsubishi was quicker."
Old Mar 23, 2004, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Daddymac
Does anybody know what the parameters were in that run (if they were even listed)? Meaning, stock tires, warm or hot weather, on a track or street? Those all could play alot in the launch.
The car was tested with the stock tires. This was the only knock they had on the Ralliart was the crappy all terrain tires. Dont know of the other details.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 02:18 AM

spec v vs RA

I own a 03 Spec V and dynos for the 02-03 spec v's are like 141-145whp

For the 04's its generally $148-150ish

I saw in a magazine they got a 15.6@89.
I got a 15.6@89 with mine all stock barely broke in at local track with no powershifts. What hurts the sentra more then anything is it has some SERIOUS wheel hop problems.. despite that i was able to get a 2.2 60' time i have seen 2.0 sixty-footers with mounts installed. One guy has an 04 and not only has some sort of factory freak but must also be a good driver turned a 14.8@92 with a stock spec v. a lot of people do get 15.1-15.4 all stock though. Im not here to gloat or anything, the build quality of the sentra sucks. Rattles, paint chips really easy, terrible motor mounts. . . I am here because im curious about your cars and I'd love to see a dyno of an RA with I/H/E/ECU A spec V with I/H/E gets 160-165whp no ecu available :-/

there is a couple 14.3-14.5 for full bolt on spec v's (just so you know) (i/h/e/cams/mounts/shifter/etc) By the way we also weigh 2710lbs which can help some too.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Thats interesting. I test drove a '02 SpecV. Darn near bought it too. They are pretty nice. I'm assuming the "wheel hop" you are talking about is torque steer where the car pulls to the right when you change gears while accelerating quickly. Everybody complained about that but I think they fixed it in the '04 models. Too bad they changed the grill though, the '04 front looks like a$$.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

I am sure we are going to see some times get lower and lower as the car gets more drivers and after market support. The only thing that is holding back the Ralliart Lancer is the fact that there is an Evo. The car higher than the Sentra SE-R is the 350Z, so the Spec-V gets the aftermarket attention it deserves. The ralliart has one company (RRM) so develpoment will be quality, but slow in coming.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

BTW, what is the compression ratio of the Spec-V Sentra? Does anyone know. I tried to searh the net for it without any luck. Just curious.
Old Apr 7, 2004, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Today, I suppose I had my first "official" race. Coming up Route 53, I noticed a red Civic SI behind me. Then he came up next to me. Not heavily modded, but he had some stuff, the most obvious being a Greddy cat-back and rear sway bar. I accelerated, and then he just floors it on me. Noticing the back of his car, he had an "SIR" emblem.

Chuckling to myself (because they never sold the SIR in the US), I yelled, "NOT ON MY WATCH!" So I gunned it! so we had a one mile battle @ 110 mph, shut down only because we had to exit. Although there was no clear winner, we stayed dead even for the duration of the race. Before I had to brake, I was slightly ahead of him. So....not too bad for an auto stock RA vs. a modded manual Civic SIR (hahaha!)

And, to Red fake Civic SIR, the war has only JUST BEGUN!!
Old Apr 7, 2004, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

Re: spec v vs RA

Originally posted by buttons
I own a 03 Spec V and dynos for the 02-03 spec v's are like 141-145whp

For the 04's its generally $148-150ish

I saw in a magazine they got a 15.6@89.
I got a 15.6@89 with mine all stock barely broke in at local track with no powershifts. What hurts the sentra more then anything is it has some SERIOUS wheel hop problems.. despite that i was able to get a 2.2 60' time i have seen 2.0 sixty-footers with mounts installed. One guy has an 04 and not only has some sort of factory freak but must also be a good driver turned a 14.8@92 with a stock spec v. a lot of people do get 15.1-15.4 all stock though. Im not here to gloat or anything, the build quality of the sentra sucks. Rattles, paint chips really easy, terrible motor mounts. . . I am here because im curious about your cars and I'd love to see a dyno of an RA with I/H/E/ECU A spec V with I/H/E gets 160-165whp no ecu available :-/

there is a couple 14.3-14.5 for full bolt on spec v's (just so you know) (i/h/e/cams/mounts/shifter/etc) By the way we also weigh 2710lbs which can help some too.
Buttons:

My Ralliart dynoed 145.6 whp and 142 torque in a dynojet dyno here in PR. it was at 88 degrees and since this is an Island very high humidity. Ultimate Racing Dynoed one and had my same HP reading but with more torque 148. They did SRI and cat-back dyno with 154whp and 152Tq this is with out a header. So they are preaty close in HP #'s but the Spec V has about 8 lb/ft more of Tq.

BRGDS
T-rush
Old Apr 8, 2004, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

There isn't just one company with stuff in the works for the ralliart
Rhys Millen Racing has products lined up. Thats RMR, not to be confused with RRM. The RMR stuff for the most part as I've been told by Mitsubishi will NOT void the maufacturers warranty. I'm going with them when they come out.
Old Apr 8, 2004, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by ThriceNotRice
well it is a given through common sense....

rsx is lighter, has more ponies, and probably more aerodynamic than a ralliart.
I thought that was kinda obvious too, the more ponies you have with a lighter car it's obviously going to beat the other car...come on...a lighter and more powerful car...seems simple to me..
Old Apr 8, 2004, 02:22 PM

I read the article posted as well...and it is was sold me on the RA too.
I tested drove a '03 Spec-V and liked the ride as well, the only reason I didn't get it was due to the price (left over, demo, was almost 450$/month). Hate the look of the '04s, grill sucks.
Just to tell you how much the article sold me on the RA, I had to get mine ordered in from Ontario as they had none in Moncton...so couldn't test drive it or even see it. Got to test the Sportback but not the same...and I LOVE THE RA!!!

The major thing I noticed from the Spec and the RA is the RA's take off...

Just my .02

Quick Reply: Ralliart Lancer vs. (insert model) [MERGED]