Notices

Ralliart Lancer vs. (insert model) [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2005, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CG5TougeMaster
a stock ralliart isn't even as fast as a stock SpecV, and it wont handle as well either...when pushed all ralliarts do is understeer...and RSX-S is made more for handling than anything, you take the two out to a track and the RSX-S will kill that RA...and every statement im making is based on stock to stock...not modded vs modded...stock the RA handles decent, but it's no track monster by any means. ive seen what stock DC5 integra R's can do on a road course, which is beat WRX's, and RX-8's, and the suspension on the stock RSX-S is almost identical to the R's... u put an RA on a road course with those cars and it would be in the back behind the miata's (which was the slowest of the cars racing) im glad you're proud of your car and all...that's great, it's not a bad car. my little brother own's one. but it's not the end all, beat all sport compact. it's quick, not fast, it handles okay, not great. It's no EVO. It's not even a Civic Si...which would rape it on a road course as well.
99% of the owners will never take it to a road course. What matters most is stoplight-to-stoplight, and fwy runs.

Scroll down for RSX-s and Civic Si and Spec-V times
Old Jul 11, 2005, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

CG5TougeMaster - Have you even driven the RSX-S? That thing nose dives like crazy!
Old Jul 11, 2005, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

a stock ralliart isn't even as fast as a stock SpecV, and it wont handle as well either...when pushed all ralliarts do is understeer...and RSX-S is made more for handling than anything, you take the two out to a track and the RSX-S will kill that RA...and every statement im making is based on stock to stock...not modded vs modded...stock the RA handles decent, but it's no track monster by any means. ive seen what stock DC5 integra R's can do on a road course, which is beat WRX's, and RX-8's, and the suspension on the stock RSX-S is almost identical to the R's... u put an RA on a road course with those cars and it would be in the back behind the miata's (which was the slowest of the cars racing) im glad you're proud of your car and all...that's great, it's not a bad car. my little brother own's one. but it's not the end all, beat all sport compact. it's quick, not fast, it handles okay, not great. It's no EVO. It's not even a Civic Si...which would rape it on a road course as well.
Are you serious? Have you seen stock numbers on a specV? If you knew, the RA dyno's higher than a specV and has 2trq less. When I was stock, I ran and beat specV, now im modded, ive ran and beat modded specV's. Ive lost to some too, it's a drivers race. We had specV owners try to argue the same question and when proven wrong, they left with there heads down and new found respect for the ralliart

Please, do not compare the DC5 ITR suspension to the RSX-S... they are nothing alike. One of the best mods to do to the RSX-s is suspension... it's not close to the DC5 ITR. Also a DC5 ITR can NOT handle better than RX8... are you crazy??? The RX8 has one of the best suspension stock, even in a straight line run... the DC5 ITR aint touching the RX8, hell a rsx-s isn't touching a RX8 stock vs. stock. The Miata is slow, but handles a hell of alot better than a RSX-s, and a bit better than the DC5 ITR.

Please, stay in context... i never said or thought it was the

"it's not the end all, beat all sport compact. it's quick, not fast, it handles okay, not great. It's no EVO."

So why did you even mention that? So your lil brother owns one, great... is that suppose to ease the disscussion

Now, you wanna go road course? First it was "_______" car is faster, now that you where proven different, it's now "_________" car is faster on a road course.

P.S. Stop hating, you don't know what your talking about.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Holy crap man can you make one sentance with a period.

Stock Spec V pushes the same numbers to the wheels as the RA the benefit to spec v in a dig is the LSD but it's also the reason for the lower whp numbers.

Sorry but no Civic SI could beat a ralliart stock vs stock on a road course.

Last edited by AdamRA; Jul 11, 2005 at 05:45 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

So what makes you worthy to comment on a stock car if you haven't driven a car on stock suspension in 3 years?

Seriously, I think that you're full of ish. What mods did those "modded RAs" have? Was their suspension or tires anywhere near as souped up as yours? I doubt it. So you unless you have a stock Civic Si that you're racing against a stock RA, you shouldn't speak. Again, you said that you haven't driven a car with factory suspension in about 3 years. The RAs been around for what, 1.5 years? So how the heck do you KNOW that it understeers?

Btw, the Accord is a road course monster? BWAHAHAHAHA. I have never, ever heard anyone refer to an Accord as a road course monster. Is yours a 3000lb/150hp monster or a 3200lb/200hp/automatic monster?
Old Jul 11, 2005, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

I'm sure that you would. You've upgraded your suspension, and probably your rims and tires as well. And I've never done AutoX, so you have the driver's advantage. But you are comparing it to RAs with stock suspension. RAs come with shotty rubber and 6.5" wide rims. And they still post pretty impressive numbers. Look here to see how it stacks up:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=148060

But we're not talking road course. We're discussing DAILY street races. Stoplight to stoplight. Freeway races. And as far as I can tell, the lightest 2000 Accords weighed 2948lbs stock. And they only had 150hp. Which seems to imply that you've had it lightened, you've had the engine upgraded, and you have extensive suspension work. So why the hell are you comparing an apparently heavily modified car to a stock (or nearly stock) one?

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/sp...IP&tab=2&sub=4

EDIT: Which model do you have, and what tranny do you have? Did you purchase it new or secondhand? And finally, how much money have you put into it?

Last edited by tuffguy; Jul 11, 2005 at 08:44 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

If your driving skills are as good as you say, I'm pretty sure that you can spank a stock RA in a stock RA.

There's a few mountain roads around here. I've beaten a '99 Civic Si, an '02 Accord EX V6, and '04 Accord EX. All stock. Tires, suspension, everything. My mom owns an '05 Accord EX. It's solid, it handles well, but it's deceptive. It feels quicker than it is. I can take the turns around my place quicker in the RA than in the Accord. I've also driven my friend's RA with 17x7s and Toyos. It's a night and day difference. It's painfully obvious how bad the RA's rolling stock is.

Now on to the next issue. Would you agree that the huge, overwhelming majority of people who buy RAs/RSXs/Civics/etc will never, EVER take them to a road course or to AutoX? If so, what factors become important? Let's say that there's two cars that can both do 0-60mph in 7s and the 1/4 mile in 15.0s, but one needs to be revved the hell out of and the other one can be driven more leisurely. Which one would you choose for your normal, every day, stop-and-go driving?
Old Jul 12, 2005, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Yes, I've driven it. That's why I told you that it nose dives. The suspension is softer than the RAs. It has to be revved more that the RA, it makes its peak power almost 2000rpm higher, and it has much less torque. And by less I mean 20lb-ft less and it's made at 7000rpm. That's higher than the RAs redline! Is that what you call ease of use? And it's not like it weighs a lot less than the RA, it only weighs 70lbs less. And it costs $7,000 more than I walked out with my RA for. ($15.9k otd)

Given the performance "differences," would you pay $7,000 more for an RSX-S? Now imagine what you could do with those $7,000 that you save. 250whp turbo? check. New rims and tires? check. Sway bar? check. Tie bar? check. Intake? check. Intake manifold? check. Downpipe? check.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Wow, im gone for almost 24hours and he is still talking? The rsx-s has the one of the worst trannys in the bussiness. Ever heard of the 2nd gear grind or the 2nd gear popp? Yeah, the 6spd is soo smooth, that it will grind and popp out of gear for you, . The rsx-s needs to be revved to make *any* power, having a honda you should know that. It makes peak torque (142) at 7000rpms, we make peak torque (162) at 4000rpms. We make more torque faster and hold it longer. The 02-04 rsx-s is not a mid 14's car... BS, BS, BS. It's not a DC5 ITR... that is a mid 14's car. The rsx-s is a low 15's car, high 14's if your lucky. The o5 rsx-s (stock) is a high 14's acr... it runs mid - possibly low 14's with I/DCRH/E. The avg civic/rsx-s/ra/ specV owner doesnt buy the car for it's awesome "road course or autox" capabilities... and they are more **** to stop light runs and freeway runs than the road course and autox. So, Once again, you have no idea what your talking about.

Road Course, Road Course, Road Course...

We where not talking about that in the first disscussion. Ain't many ralliarts doing road course or autox, it's been out for a lil under 2years. Throwing that out the water, from 0-60 or 1320... no Si (hatch or coupe) with I/E is beating a ralliart with I/E. I have video proof to back it up, I also got video proof of taking specV's. I also have video of taking a 6thgen av6... ill up it to yousendit.com just for you.

Now you wanna bring the o6 Si into the matter? OMG... give it up bro, your done. The o6 Si is just a 02-04 rsx-s in civic clothing. It's the same motor (k20a2 - 200hp, 142trq and 8k redline). If anything, it'll be a low 15's car - from what it is now, a high 15's car, nice step honda up... We could go into the matter of the reportly lancer ralliart to have a turbo option in o7, and if that happen... all the Si would see is a ralliart badge

Once, again... unless you have proof... stop talking.

Last edited by Arithmetic; Jul 12, 2005 at 08:49 AM.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

I used to own a RSX. And i've driven plenty of the S Types as well. The only thing I'd really agree w/ you on is the part about refinement and holding its value.

The bose system is not as good as the infinity system that we can get and the handling, stock for stock is VERY close. I'd almost say that the handling is better on a RA then a RSX-S or the stock one b/c of our slightly stiffer suspension. Both cars come w/ real ****ty tires.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 12:04 PM
Account Disabled

oooh another reason for the RSX-S...it's a honda lol and it looks about 100,000 times better than the asseyed lancer. and the interior isn't exactly the highest quality...you were talkin about the price difference...well, you get what you pay for. the RSX-S is a 23k car...the RA is a 15.9k car lol
Old Jul 12, 2005, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Dude, you gotta stop try to pass your opinion off as fact. The RSX looks ok, but mostly because it's a coupe. Otherwise it's a glorified Civic. And for $23k, the interior is crappy. At that price point, the GLI's is way better. But idiots will pay $23k for it "because it's a Honda".
where are you getting 7000 from?
That's the price difference between the best deals I was able to get on the RA and on the RSX when I was car shopping. The best deal that you'll be able to get for an RSX-S is ~$23k, whereas a lot of us have gotten our RAs for under $16k.

I agree that it'll hold it's value better than the RA, but that is also why we're able to get better deals on the RA than the RSX.

You've made if painfully obvious that you're a Honda fanboy. The RA is better than the Si in handling tests. Slaloms, lateral grip, whatever. The RA posts better numbers every time, even with crappy rubber.

Give it up. Just admit that your bro's smarter than you. He didn't pay an arm and a leg for an automatic Accord and he didn't pour in a sh!tload of money to make it fast. I give you props for effort, but that money could've been put to much, much better use. He has a much better platform to start off with, and he paid a lot less for it.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

where are you getting 7000 from? sticker price on the RA is around 19, sticker on the RSX-S is around 23... and personally i like a higher redline...most people do. it means you can wind more power out of the gear before you have to shift. and yeah, i'd still take the RSX-S for 4000 more because yes it still handles better, it's faster, it's a more refined, and better car. leather, bose, more power, sharper handling, and it'll hold it's value alot better and longer than any mitsubishi out there...so yes, the RSX-S would be my choice between those two cars. keep the comparisons to a civic Si, an argument you actually have a chance at winning lol and i get what you guys are saying, i'll give the RA it's props stoplight to stoplight...it's not a bad little car for that. but what good is str8 line speed when a curve comes up, you have to slow down, and that little honda doesn't? lol then the power doesn't matter. and when i talk about the RSX-S, i am talking about the 05 model. i do apologize if i got off the subject tho, i realize now that you guys are all about the str8 line lol but im tellin u, take the thing out to a track and learn to really drive it....if you go once u'll be hooked.
The sticker on a ralliart is 19k, but how many people you know actually paid 19k for it? Sticker when I got my RA was around 18k, guess what... I walk out with a deal around 13.5k. Sorry, the rsx-s doesn't hold it's value more than the *any* mitsu (*cough evo*). Ontop of that, the DC2 ITR holds more value than a rsx-s. Also the rsx-s is an ACURA, a premium brand... a luxary honda, so of course it's gonna cost more than the mitsubishi ralliart and hold more value. Also, its pretty much a leather civic with a good audio system. 200 or 210hp? Rather buy a base brand BMW, LEXUS, BENZ, AUDI, VOLVO, INFINITI ( ) than a base brand ACURA (rsx-s). Straight line is what the ralliart is good at, not the selling point... buy an srt4 if your all about straight line. The ralliart is a mix of straight line and handling, doing both very well. I bet you I can find any of the Civic Si (coupe or hatch) around my neighborhood that only DO STOPLIGHT, and FREEWAY, they would @ the thought of a road course or autox.

oooh another reason for the RSX-S...it's a honda lol and it looks about 100,000 times better than the asseyed lancer. and the interior isn't exactly the highest quality...you were talkin about the price difference...well, you get what you pay for. the RSX-S is a 23k car...the RA is a 15.9k car lol
Looks are subjective and a opinion... get out of here with that. Just cause it looks good to you, doesn't mean it looks good to others. Yes, you get what you pay for... and underpower, to much money for it's options... premium civic.

Once again, stop while your behind... your reply are not making you look good.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 06:39 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Arithmetic
The sticker on a ralliart is 19k, but how many people you know actually paid 19k for it? Sticker when I got my RA was around 18k, guess what... I walk out with a deal around 13.5k. Sorry, the rsx-s doesn't hold it's value more than the *any* mitsu (*cough evo*). Ontop of that, the DC2 ITR holds more value than a rsx-s. Also the rsx-s is an ACURA, a premium brand... a luxary honda, so of course it's gonna cost more than the mitsubishi ralliart and hold more value. Also, its pretty much a leather civic with a good audio system. 200 or 210hp? Rather buy a base brand BMW, LEXUS, BENZ, AUDI, VOLVO, INFINITI ( ) than a base brand ACURA (rsx-s). Straight line is what the ralliart is good at, not the selling point... buy an srt4 if your all about straight line. The ralliart is a mix of straight line and handling, doing both very well. I bet you I can find any of the Civic Si (coupe or hatch) around my neighborhood that only DO STOPLIGHT, and FREEWAY, they would @ the thought of a road course or autox.
a base brand of any of those other cars you mentioned will get into TSX territory and out of the sport compact segment that the RA and RSX-S are in. And the fact that you and your friends only do stoplights and freeways and are afraid of tracks just tells me that none of you can actually drive. you're not drivers, you're shifters. guess which one it takes more skill to be? for the money there are better cars. you say the RA is good at str8 line...it's aiight at str8 line...and it's mediocre at everything else. For the money i'd rather have a car that's good at everything. the RSX-S is better at str8 line, better at cornering, more comfortable, better ride, better engine, better tranny, better aftermarket support, it's just a better car. even, although it hurts me to say this, the ultra ugly SpecV would be a better purchase with the money. it's faster, has LSD, corners better, and has NISMO backing it in the after market. even the SRT-4 would be a better choice (and i HATE dodge) it's alot faster, and has Mopar backing it as well as every other company out there. the RA is a bastard child. it's nothing more than an afterthought upgrade to an otherwise boring 19k econobox sedan.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

Man, why dont you just go troll some other board. The bottom line is this is a mitsu forum, and none of us would have bought our cars, or be on a performance related sight if we did not honestly think we did not have the best "bang for the buck". Bottom line is you are not going to win here... besides, you seem to gather most of your info from biased and uninformed sources... I myself have bested several RSX's and ran dead even with an RSX-S... in both stop light to stop light and "twistys".... I feel sorry for your brother having to listen to how your MODDED cars are so superior to his stock RA, if a competent RA owner was to spend an equal amount of money on upgrades I am pretty sure he would happily hand you your ***..... and since you are comparing several different trim levels, why dont we just bring in the EVO and stomp you into reality....have a nice day...

Quick Reply: Ralliart Lancer vs. (insert model) [MERGED]