Notices
View Poll Results: Will RalliArts land in the 13's in the 1/4 NA?
Yes, with the right mods and a good driver.
54.90%
No, you\'ll need a Turbo along with other mods.
33.33%
Doubt it, but I\'m not sure...
11.76%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Will the RA be able to run in the high 13's NA?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2004 | 07:06 PM

In my opinion it is very possible to run 13's going all motor. But i do agree with mobius97 about hitting 13's with just bolt ons. I think you have to go beyond bolt ons and go with a port and polished head, a cam, or something like that. But it IS possible to run 13's all motor on or cars. Good luck man hope you accomplish your goal. As for me im gonna rape my car when a turbo comes out (forced induction=rape. hehehe)
Old Apr 20, 2004 | 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

mobius might very well be right...but it is still possible. Remember that we are also running 9.5 compression pistons, which is kinda low compression for NA. I dont believe that a cam is avaliable considering the car is MIVEC and there arent any made yet. I dont think your standard regrind will work, but I COULD BE wrong. ( I dont think so but who knows ). If you were to build the motor running a strong 13 should be pretty easy. ECU, 11 to 1 compression piston, head port and polish, extrude hone intake manifold, port TB...= daily driven 13 sec car. Cheap...maybe not...but possible to hit solid 13's, not just 13.999. if you lainch great you MIGHT get a 13.998...lol!!!!
Old Apr 20, 2004 | 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by DrRalliart
As for me im gonna rape my car when a turbo comes out (forced induction=rape. hehehe)
I think I LOVE that line...LOL
Old Apr 20, 2004 | 09:06 PM
SVT
Evolving Member

Headwork, pistons, weight reduction, slicks, and bolt-ons will get you consistent 13s.
Old Apr 21, 2004 | 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

with the compression up 11 to 1 we would be at about 180 whp stock with a few boltons and a piggyback were up over 200 whp and with right tires there is no doubt we would be in the 13's smoking rex's and srt's and there turbos!
Old Apr 21, 2004 | 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

how did you increase the compression ratio??

isnt stock like 9.4:1 (or something like that?)
Old Apr 21, 2004 | 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by ralliart86
how did you increase the compression ratio??

isnt stock like 9.4:1 (or something like that?)
The stock compression is 9.5 in stock trim. I dont think anybody has bumped compression in there RA yet, but you would do so with a new set of high compression pistons. That is the best way to go. But I want to see what we could get out of the RA without tearing the motor apart. No head port, no pistons, just bolt ons. I think it is still possible, but not easy. Either way, we should be able to get there and still remain totally reliable and daily driven.
What I think would get us close is this...

CAI, cat eliminator off-road pipe, Header (when it comes out), cat back exhaust, Piggy Back Ecu, Empty the car of seats...all but drivers seat, Z rated tires or slicks (just to see what they will do on the car), coilovers, B&M short shifter.

I am sure there are some other little things, but I would like to see where we are after doing those things first.
Old Apr 21, 2004 | 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

cool, are you guys gonna dyno run it when you get all the goods installed?

a drag race video would be cool to, when you get it timed
Old Apr 22, 2004 | 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by mobius97
I think personally it will take alot more than a few bolt ons to get the ralliart into the 13's.....the average time for the mag tested Evo's are low to mid 13's in the quarter mile...just putting some things in spec. When you are talking about shaving off seconds that is a big deal!!!! Also someone posted that with bolt ons poeple were ticking off 3 secs on the lancers. I was under the impression, so I have read, that the lancers were typically a 17sec car in the quarter. So are you telling me with bolt on mods not going FI these base 120 hp cars are hitting the 14's? Well someone needs to tell Boe who has spent thousands and worked with rrm to get his lancer to the low 14's (when he first started a while back now, he is beyond this now0 and he was running a turbo kit to pull 14's. I Think the ralliart is a good potential car but its gonna take more than an ecu upgrade and some bolt on mods to put it in the same area as the current low to mid 13 sec cars on the market.........But still good luck on your goals and I wish you the best with them!!
I respect your opinion but It's posts that I'm going to love to prove wrong
Old Apr 22, 2004 | 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by ralliart86
cool, are you guys gonna dyno run it when you get all the goods installed?

a drag race video would be cool to, when you get it timed
I got the vid cam, that will be no problem I already got my 15.031 on Video but that's not that appealing yet to go out and spend 100 bucks on a firecard to upload the video on my computer. I'll wait until I'm in the 14's to do that.
Old Jul 8, 2004 | 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

anybody get into the 13s yet? didnt think so.
Old Jul 8, 2004 | 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

the car hasnt even been out for a full yr.
Old Jul 8, 2004 | 07:32 PM

irep thats awesome my goal is the same, waiting for the header to finish myself. goodluck and hopefully ill see you in the high 13's as well.
Old Jul 9, 2004 | 05:02 AM
Evolved Member

I REP 858...have you been to the track since the piggy back?? I am probably going to get mine this month and I was just curious as to your results.
Old Jul 9, 2004 | 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

I think w/ what the car has done thus far its possible for mid-high 13's!! Factor in a CAI, cat-back, Piggyback, downpipe, better tires and suspension, header, and maybe take a little weight out (like back seats and spare tire..maybe pass. seat too) and i think its totally possible.
I'd invest in the clutch line as well to assist in launches though.

Quick Reply: Will the RA be able to run in the high 13's NA?