Notices

Seat Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2004, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seat Upgrade

Guys,
My back is getting sore from sitting on these cheap stock seats. I'm really thinking of upgrading my seats with:

- used Honda Accord seats from junk yard

or

- new aftermarket seats

Anyone have experience with this or recommendations???

thx
Old May 27, 2004, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i say switch those cheap seats with sparco or recaro bucket seats =P But those costs $600 and up though... Keep the stock seats so when you will resell your car, just put those back on.
Old May 27, 2004, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

i've driven in some recaro aftermarket seats before and they felt really hard on my back, so i would never buy them because i have to drive so much to and from work. So i would say if you have to drive a lot go with the honda seats, they are pretty comfortable to sit in.
Old May 27, 2004, 03:43 PM
Evolving Member

I am interested in your stock seats, if you don't want them, and if the car has been non-smoking.

SCC did an article on what seats are comfortable and which ones suck. It depends on your size and budget. Its all broken down, very good read....
Old May 27, 2004, 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PDXRalliArt
I am interested in your stock seats, if you don't want them, and if the car has been non-smoking.

SCC did an article on what seats are comfortable and which ones suck. It depends on your size and budget. Its all broken down, very good read....
which issue of SCC are we talking about?
Old May 27, 2004, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

i got the corbeau seats in my car...boy are they cumffy!!!
Old May 27, 2004, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

well if you do ever order from recaro/sparco you can choose how much padding you want in certain areas, plus you can order extra lumbar support cushions. Never order the 1pc. bucket seats they are made for strict racing and are not comfortable for long boring drives.
Old May 27, 2004, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Cheap seats? The stock seats in my RA are the most comfortable seats I've ever had in a car of mine.
Old May 27, 2004, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pocoRA
Cheap seats? The stock seats in my RA are the most comfortable seats I've ever had in a car of mine.
those are the best seats I've ever driven in, except for my friends BMW.
Old May 27, 2004, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

I have the tenzo r evolution seats in my eclipse, they are great for 2 hour drives....at the absolute most, not good for long drives. However there are the tenzo rally type which i heard are very comfy but pretty bulky. Plus tenzo makes good custom made brackets, but im not sure they make any for the lancer, i could be wrong. Sparco milanos are nice but NOWHERE near what they cost (upwards of 1200 a set). Ebay has a lot of good deals on tenzo seats, also check out www.optauto.com thats where I got my seats for a good price also. Hope this helps
Old May 27, 2004, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

I don't think the Sportback LS has the Ralliart seats in it. It may just have the same ones as in the OZ-Rally, or even worse, the ones in the ES/LS. With that, I can understand why you'd want to upgrade.

Maybe you can score a pair of Ralliart seats somewhere. I agree with Poco and Sicnevol...they are among the best seats I've ever sat in.....no back pain whatsoever even after long drives!
Old May 27, 2004, 09:18 PM
Evolving Member

I found the Ralliart seats quite soft, actually.

The Mazda 3 seats, on the other hand, was like sitting on a plank of wood.
Old May 28, 2004, 04:11 AM
Evolving Member

If i were you, ill get a seat thats sporty and cumfy at the same time. Like bucket seats with hell lots of padding to make it cumfy, then add a 5 point seat belt. Makes your car look good.
Old May 28, 2004, 05:17 AM
Evolved Member

If you can find a wrecked base RSX or a 2003 Civic SI(R in canada) then get a set of those. They have some AWESOME seats. I had a RSX for about 2.5 years and I loved my seats....
Old May 28, 2004, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Daddymac
If you can find a wrecked base RSX or a 2003 Civic SI(R in canada) then get a set of those. They have some AWESOME seats. I had a RSX for about 2.5 years and I loved my seats....
i agree the RSX, SI and the Celica GTS's came with nice sporty 2pc. seats and are made for comfortable long driving and fat american asses

as for me i'm a tad short...basically your typical asian package so i'm opting to get the Corbeau TRS basic on driver side and wide version on the other for the larger people in my family/friends or i would go for the Bride ERGO II. The brides are a bit pricey but they are very well worth it! especially their new material! its sooooo soft and comfy!