Notices

Dash rattles/engine rattles?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2004, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dash rattles/engine rattles?

Does anyone who's had their dash rattle un-naturally and had it fixed have any idea what the techs found that was loose? There are at least two other threads on this and no one can definitively say what it is. I've been to two different dealers now and no one can fix it so far.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it sounds like little rattles? not like hard rattling. if so.. all i do is bang on the passenger side dash. and the glove box. haha. and it sorta goes away.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

I took it in but they coudln't find it, it looks like/sounds like it someing from the front window defrost in the center. the smal sqare part isn't flush with the rest and i think thats whats makeing my noise,
Old Jul 27, 2004, 07:32 AM

Yeah mine is "inline" with the right washer fluid sprayer but they can't locate it either. fareastkorean said his dealer found it but unfortunately what they told him it was wasn't something my dealer has heard of before. THey want me to leave it with them for a day to have time to really hunt it down. I guess I have no choice but to do that.
Old Jul 27, 2004, 10:20 AM

If anyone finds out what the cause of this rattle is, please post it here or somewhere in the forums. I'm sure there are many of us that would like this annoying rattle fixed.
Old Jul 27, 2004, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Yep... and my dealer is crappy, so I'd like a clearly spelled solution to this before I take it in. I might just bang on the dash once in a while until then...
Old Jul 27, 2004, 03:51 PM

Yes details would be good. Even word for word from the dealer tech's mouth if need be. My dealer actually told me that fareastkorean's dealer didn't know what they were talking about. I was like "well, he took his in, and now it's fixed....I'm leaving with mine and it's still rattling.......so you wanna tell me again who doesn't know what they're talking about?"
Old Jul 27, 2004, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Yep... exactly the kind of reaction I predict from my crappy dealer.
Old Jul 28, 2004, 08:14 PM

C'mon....somebody must have had this problem and had it fixed already. Anyone? Anyone? Fry? Bueller? Bueller?
Old Jul 29, 2004, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

ahhhhhhhhhh, alot of people has this problem. Sorry about your problems guys, that sound sucked ***, that damn clunk clunkity clunk sound coming from the right side of the passenger side in the front. Not to talk about your dealer, but, they are tryinta hate on my dealer! and they fixed my problem! hehe. I am not sure what the exact problem was, but I remember that they said it was something loose under the hood. It took the mechanic like 4 hours or so to find the problem and he said he heard it when he test driving the car and going over small bumps and didn't know where the hell it was coming from. Also don't try to let your dealer play with you, they better fix the problem for free, sometimes they try to hassle around and stuff and your car is still under warranty. Like my dealer, they tried to say some BS about that the sound might have been caused because of me adding a new cd player in the car and stereo system, and if that was the case they would charge me after the repair. So I went over to the dealer again very angry and had a word with the manager and I told them not to accuse me of making the rattling noise in my car because of adding the stereo system, when in fact my shiet is still under warranty. Go back to your dealer and keep begging them, even thouhg you shouldn't have to if they supposedly got real mechanics working there who should know more about mitsubishi's than us. I was lucky enough to say a few words to the manager and to the service department at mitsubishi and got a free oil change and that rattling sound fixed the next day after I dropped it off the night before 8 - ) And by the way, I think I will just go to my dealer and ask the service manager if they remember what was making that noise. I will try to save everybody the damn hassle with talking to the stupid mitsubishi tech's

Last edited by fareastkorean; Jul 29, 2004 at 06:16 AM.
Old Jul 29, 2004, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Cool man!
Old Jul 29, 2004, 06:03 PM

Yeah thanks fareastkorean......I 'was' going to drop mine off tomorrow morning so they could have the necessary time with it while I came home and slept since i work nights but the service advisor I spoke to this time said it would be better if I stayed and could show them the noise myself. I think he's new because the main advisor said I should just leave it and go since the main shop tech has already confirmed that he heard the noise (I think) and just needs time to find it.....time I couldn't give him last time. Sheeeesh what a pain.....the Lancer RA-awesome, the rattle-annoying as H*** and the dealer......hmmm jury is still out there.
Old Jul 29, 2004, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Well, my dealer already received the judgement: guilty of gross incompetence!!! These guys suck! But hey, I chose the RA anyway... 'cause I only have to deal with them 2 times a year and the rest of the year I can enjoy my RalliArt! That was worth it...
Old Aug 4, 2004, 08:11 AM

Ok, mine's sitting at the dealer today getting looked at. Hopefully they find it quick. In the meantime I am driving a rental -- an '05 Dodge Durango.....what a tank. I feel safe.
Old Aug 4, 2004, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Plase give us an update once you get it back! Thanks!

Quick Reply: Dash rattles/engine rattles?