Notices

Why you can beat a RSX Type-S

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2004, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
all i know is that i can beat modded out RSX's as well as stock RSX's.

E V O OWNZ HONDA \

-Steve
Old Sep 12, 2004, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOSTEVO
all i know is that i can beat modded out RSX's as well as stock RSX's.

E V O OWNZ HONDA \

-Steve
No **** dude!!! I've seen EVO's kill vettes. I've beat a type-s rsx before. It's probably the driver though (pardon the ego). We were both doing a good 125-130 mph at least.
Old Sep 12, 2004, 12:33 PM

A RA is faster than an RSX-S. I have beaten 3 RSX-S so until one can beat me, the RA is faster. And I have never seen an RSX beat a RA in the drag strip neither the RA always beat them. So until I see a RSX beat a RA the RA is faster.
Old Sep 12, 2004, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/compa...specifications

1. stock the type s is about 5300 more than the ralliart. (you do get more in the type s though).
2. the type s uses premium fuel.
3. the stock ride in the type s is much more harsh.

so between the 2, i'd give the nod to the ralliart. but it really depends more on what you're going for. with 5300 dollars in mods to bring the price levels the same, the ralliart would run laps around the type s, but the type s driver would be enjoying leather and 6 speeds.
Old Sep 12, 2004, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by purecoda
http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/compa...specifications

1. stock the type s is about 5300 more than the ralliart. (you do get more in the type s though).
2. the type s uses premium fuel.
3. the stock ride in the type s is much more harsh.

so between the 2, i'd give the nod to the ralliart. but it really depends more on what you're going for. with 5300 dollars in mods to bring the price levels the same, the ralliart would run laps around the type s, but the type s driver would be enjoying leather and 6 speeds.
...and a warrenty! Seriously, I doubt you could do $5000 in performance mods and keep your warrenty. The warrenty is a big reason for buying a new car, at least for me.

I love our shifter/gearing/etc as is, but it'd be just about perfect if only we had a 6th gear...
Old Sep 12, 2004, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by TheDriver11421
No **** dude!!! I've seen EVO's kill vettes. I've beat a type-s rsx before. It's probably the driver though (pardon the ego). We were both doing a good 125-130 mph at least.
Originally Posted by ENY2002
A RA is faster than an RSX-S. I have beaten 3 RSX-S so until one can beat me, the RA is faster. And I have never seen an RSX beat a RA in the drag strip neither the RA always beat them. So until I see a RSX beat a RA the RA is faster.

you're both beating drivers, not the car.
Old Sep 12, 2004, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mitsumichael7
This thread is just about what all Honda and Mitsu owners are all about. We all know the Honda line-up of cars is a near torque-less car...BUT!!!!! The car does pull hard. Sure the RA could beat a RSX-S to 32 MPH...SO WHAT! I agree in part with RSX guys...Hell the RA will out pull the Prelude with the H22 off the line...BUT both those cars will catch and pass this car stock vs. stock in both the 1/8 and 1/4. Both of these are good races though. RSX-S guys SHOULDNT come in here bragging about there 15 flat though...nothing to brag about yet. The RA will do that as well with a good driver so thats not an argument. THE REAL DEBATE...or better yet...THE REAL SHOW is watching what the RA does to the ENTIRE LINEUP of Honda's, much less the RSX-S if you match HP. I GAURANTEE that I can put a **** OF A LOT MORE POWER out of my motor with what guys are spending on the RSX-S compared to what I spent on my RA. I spent $17K on my car...whats a RSX-S...$22K if you got a GREAT deal. I promise that isnt a contest. That is why we all love the purchase of the RA so much...BANG FOR THE BUCK. DAMN I NEED A ROAD TEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like a good mixture of torque and horsepower. Especially since i'm talking about autos
Hardly any torque in an auto is just the worst. You have to do a crazy *** brake torque in order to even get a good launch. I don't care that my RA can't beat a type s. It is retarded we are even comparing the cars. At least here, my car was 24,000 (Canada) with the s&s. A type S would be AT LEAST 34,000. Why even compare them? Also, the type s engine could probably handle more mods than the 2.4L mivec. The type s 2.0L was BUILT for high compression and high revving. Now the 2.4L isn't going to fall apart, but trying to get 250 horsepower out of it will be risky without redoing the whole thing. I don't care what cars mine will or will not beat. I just love driving it, love beating the odd ricer. I have lost to one guy, in a riced early 90s Civic (I don't need to tell you how embaressed I was). See I didn't do a brake torque since I didn't know we were racing (just a little stop light thing). Now I always do a brake torque if I know I will be racing a manual or something that compares to the RA.
Old Sep 12, 2004, 04:57 PM
Former Sponsor

I don't think a 2 door should even be compared to a 4 door, their not in the same class. I mean if you AutoX the Type-S is in G-stock and the RA is in H-stock.

That's why most domestic car idiots thinking my EVO is some riced out junk. I get sick and tired of people not seeing that a 4 door can own them in their 2 door car.

The RA has posted slower track times than a type-S, until I see otherwise (not in magazines), I still have reason to believe the RA is slower, although not inferior, the 6 speed in the RSX is very doggy and compared to the old Type-R's 5 speed, well they shouldn't be compared. And I personally don't think leather is a selling point, so if people do then hey go buy a BMW.

Until a tuner starts pushing NA performance of the RA it is all relative, or until someone does it. Even RRM doesn't have the desire to push it in NA form, they went straight to turbo. Hopefully they get another RA to push in NA form, but I highly doubt. That point overall makes the RSX a better modification background, because so many more parts are available for the RSX.
Old Sep 12, 2004, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Joe's_EVO8
I don't think a 2 door should even be compared to a 4 door, their not in the same class. I mean if you AutoX the Type-S is in G-stock and the RA is in H-stock.

That's why most domestic car idiots thinking my EVO is some riced out junk. I get sick and tired of people not seeing that a 4 door can own them in their 2 door car.

The RA has posted slower track times than a type-S, until I see otherwise (not in magazines), I still have reason to believe the RA is slower, although not inferior, the 6 speed in the RSX is very doggy and compared to the old Type-R's 5 speed, well they shouldn't be compared. And I personally don't think leather is a selling point, so if people do then hey go buy a BMW.

Until a tuner starts pushing NA performance of the RA it is all relative, or until someone does it. Even RRM doesn't have the desire to push it in NA form, they went straight to turbo. Hopefully they get another RA to push in NA form, but I highly doubt. That point overall makes the RSX a better modification background, because so many more parts are available for the RSX.
Why SHOULDN'T a 4 door be compared to a 2 door? I don't get why that makes such a difference to people. 2 doors always will look sportier, but other than that, what difference is there? As for leather, I prefer leather, but fabric is fine as long as it isn't cheap fabric (aka cavalier).
Anyone who thinks the EVO is riced out is an idiot. Of course there CAN be riced out EVOs (but completely stock the EVO is a rocket, so making it LOOK fast isn't as bad as making a Civic LOOK fast).
Of course on another forum I met a domestic guy who thinks everything Japanese is rice (yes, even a grandma buying a 4 door Civic, she is driving a riced car.) He thinks ABS, safety glass, airbags and crumple zones make cars more dangerous. He thinks his classics are safer (not even kidding). But I mean this guy is just a moron, he actually is stupid. I have shown him proof about airbags, ABS and crumple zones. But he thinks crumple zones make cars more dangerous because the front crumples and the steering gets wrecked. He's so dumb. My point is there are always complete idiots, import fans and domestic fans alike. There are always morons.
Old Sep 12, 2004, 05:48 PM
Former Sponsor

I mean it is ok to say what a 4 door can do against a 2 door, but in all reality having a 4 door that is sporty is not as desireable as having a 2 door. I would understand your statement about leather...being in Canada with heated seats is actually quite nice. I live in a cold state too, but plain leather with no heat is like asking for cold ass_ the rest of the day. Fabric is much more versatile. I am surprised you like ABS...most people in cold states want to find a way to disable. I like ABS.

Overall I think the RA is one of the best buy's in a Sedan class. It is a great car for Mitsubishi and has lots of potential, we just need to get some more tuners into the RA. I mean having 5 different CAI's is fine, but we need a little more than that!
Old Sep 12, 2004, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

What happened to the might of the GSR and ITR? They are still on the road, and they are not extinct yet.
Old Sep 12, 2004, 07:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Well they are extinct here in the Western hemisphere...
Old Sep 12, 2004, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

I mean those cars are still running on the road, not because the lack of production from the factory. I call them extinct when you start encountering them as rare as finding a VW rabbit, chevy chevette, or a ferrari 308.
Old Sep 12, 2004, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

i would rather a rsx-s over a ralliart... totally 2 different cars, but i already own an evo so i don't need another 4 door right now...

the RSX's quality is sooooo much further than a ralliart....
Old Sep 12, 2004, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Chevy Chevette? Rare?! I saw one today. They are still all over the place around here.

Quick Reply: Why you can beat a RSX Type-S