Notices

Why you can beat a RSX Type-S

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2004, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chevettes are still alive in Canada? Holy crap! I don't think GM makes any spare part for them. It's nearly thirty years old. In America, I see 1 every 6-8 month, and they are all 4 doors. The coupes are pretty much dead.

How about AMC Gremlins w/ their V8's?
Old Sep 12, 2004, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chrisnick
im sorry, but im not bragging. but pointing out an RSX is faster than an Ralliart. stock for stock, a RalliArt doesn't stand a chance against an RSX-S. what's the lowest 60' time in a RalliArt? im not justifying my purchase, if you read my other posts, i really do not like my car. it's the biggest POS i've ever owned.
Here is my best 60' time, if I had some better rubber I could be 2.2 or quicker.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=97216
Old Sep 12, 2004, 11:37 PM
Evolved Member

Lets just face it stock vs stock equal drivers the RSX-S will win every time.

The new 05's come with 50 more HP at the crank than our ralliarts once the S hits third gear bye bye.
Old Sep 12, 2004, 11:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
10 hp more...not 50
Old Sep 13, 2004, 12:28 AM
Evolving Member

210 - 162 = 48...or approximately 50
Old Sep 13, 2004, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bahamut
Chevettes are still alive in Canada? Holy crap! I don't think GM makes any spare part for them. It's nearly thirty years old. In America, I see 1 every 6-8 month, and they are all 4 doors. The coupes are pretty much dead.

How about AMC Gremlins w/ their V8's?
I am suprised how many Chevettes are around. As for AMCs, I haven't seen one for a LONG time. I saw a Pacer awhile ago. But I don't think I have seen a Gremlin (BTW those eyesores are hard to miss).
Old Sep 13, 2004, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AdamRA
Lets just face it stock vs stock equal drivers the RSX-S will win every time.

The new 05's come with 50 more HP at the crank than our ralliarts once the S hits third gear bye bye.
Did you not read my explaination. The ralliart not only has a lower first gear, it also has more torque. The Ralliart will always take the Type-S off the line. Torque specifications are the key on launches. You are absolutely correct on the HP. But you can't take advantage of that HP without proper gearing.
Old Sep 13, 2004, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

yes, but all that torque is needed to move that 4 door car... the rsx can have less torque if, and only if, it weighs less than the ralliart...
Old Sep 13, 2004, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

Hahaha, LMAO. Comparable models of the RA to the type S weigh almost the same. The RA is 100lbs heavier. Trust me buddy, 100lbs won't make a SNIFF of difference. Because it's a 4 door it must be a big heavy boat? LMAO. For example, the EVO RS is, what, 400lbs lighter than the regular EVO? It is how much faster? 0.5 seconds on the quarter?
Don't talk about things you don't understand. Gearing and torque will make a MUCH larger difference in how quick a car is off the line than weight will (unless we are talking about major weight differences, like 500lbs).
Old Sep 13, 2004, 11:59 PM
Evolved Member

I was just saying that the RSX-S is superior car thats all. I really couldn't care less that I could beat a RSX-S off the line it just makes you look that much worse when it comes flying by. in third. Your right about the whole first gear thing even the base rsx makes more torque faster than the S.
Old Sep 14, 2004, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by captain150
Hahaha, LMAO. Comparable models of the RA to the type S weigh almost the same. The RA is 100lbs heavier. Trust me buddy, 100lbs won't make a SNIFF of difference. Because it's a 4 door it must be a big heavy boat? LMAO. For example, the EVO RS is, what, 400lbs lighter than the regular EVO? It is how much faster? 0.5 seconds on the quarter?
Don't talk about things you don't understand. Gearing and torque will make a MUCH larger difference in how quick a car is off the line than weight will (unless we are talking about major weight differences, like 500lbs).
may i suggest you keep the personal insults to yourself...

i didn't know how much each one weighed... i already own a superior car anyways

btw how bout you post a link showing that the RA weighs exactly 100 lbs more than the RSX...
Old Sep 14, 2004, 09:21 AM
Evolving Member

I saw a Gremlin at the track earlier this year....it didn't look to pretty, but it was running mid 12's every run.. really funny to watch it kill a punk in a civic si who thought he was aganst a ugly pile of junk.
Old Sep 14, 2004, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

The EVO RS is only 88lbs. lighter than the EVO 8. 100lbs does make a difference too, by the way.
Old Sep 14, 2004, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Actually, the RSX type s weighs 1292kg according to their website which equals 2848lbs. The RA weighs 2843lbs according to the Mitsubishi cars website. That will be a 5lbs difference...just to toss in my two cents.

Another intresting thing I did notice when looking at those numbers though is our car is slightly better balanced front to rear.
Old Sep 14, 2004, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea, 100lbs does make a diff. a major value in calculating torque is the WEIGHT! would 100lbs shave 1/2 second off the quarter? hell no! maybe a tenth or 2. but damn, i would kill to get an easy tenth or 2! as for the 4door thing, thast not where all (or even much) of the weight is added.

think of this: we are talking about going fast in a straight line. fun, but not its not gonna make my hair stand up. a road course /w lots of tight fun turns is a diff story. then we need more suspension, handleing etc. that doesnt come from nowhere! its gonna add weight.

the RA and the typeS are ment to do different things. if you wanted a drag car and you bought an RA, your nuts! if you wanted a car that drives execptionally well in all situations (except going really REALLY fast for miles and miles) and has lots of potential for the money, you made a good choice. dont expect much more than that /wout dishing out the green.

Quick Reply: Why you can beat a RSX Type-S