Notices

foglight indicator...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2013, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
foglight indicator...

so i got in my car last night and turned it on, went to drive away and hit my foglight switch(since my lights are always on, and i like the look of fogs on looks better than not)....and the foglight indicator turned on and then, about a second later, it turned off..
i thought "wtf...did i just have some major fog light malfunction?"
i looked in the closest reflection of my could and was unable to see my foglights being on(too late for work and cold to get out and look), so i was like "OH MAN....no foglights..."
fast forward to this morningand i was driving around (as force of habit i still hit the switch but didint think anything of it), i was like "man...i dont feel like messing around with electrical stuff to figure out y my fogs are dead...", and then...a beam of hope!...
i pulled up behind a van and realized my fogs were on, but somehow my indicator was not tho...so i was like"..... sweet!"
so im pretty sure it's just a bulb in the cluster, now i just gotta get my cold lazy self to fix it, or just not have the indicator for the rest of the winter...(kuzz im only too lazy because it's so cold)
i saw on the wiring diagram online that it's a bulb in the cluster...but i can't find anything on if it's replaceable or not...

which brings me to this question...
is it a bulb behind the cluster that's replaceable?, or do i need a new cluster(aka to deal w/ it forever, kuzz im not buying a new cluster)?

im guessing it is replaceable...but like i said..too cold and lazy rt now to just jump in and figure it out...i just had the whole center console off about 3 days ago re-routing my ipod cable to come out thru the armrest cubby(and now i gotta figure out why the ashtray light wont work after(it flickers here n there, but won't stay on...GRR)...took about an hour from start to finish, then i realized i drilled the cubby hole on the wrong side(pass side not driver's side) so now sometimes when i pull the ebrake i feel the cable catch on it, so i have to re-remove the center console rear section and reroute it again behind the cubbyso it doesn't catch on the e-brake, but i think since i gotta loop it around the cubby it's actually a good thing i drilled it on the wrong side(plus i have a 6ft cable for a ~3ft span, so it takes up some of the extra slack)...and all while i was freezing...and i'd rather not re-freeze changing out a dumb little bulb wich can wait till it's warm
Old Feb 7, 2013, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

wow....such a long writeup fro a simple question....o well
Old Feb 7, 2013, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
In ASA I see bulbs:
1 81299B 1 MR444536 BULB,INSTRUMENT PANEL METER 14 14V-1.12W
2 81299D 1 MN134601 BULB,INSTRUMENT PANEL METER 01 12V,1.12W,T5 AMBER
3 81299F 1 MR975280 BULB,INSTRUMENT PANEL METER 03 14V-3W RED CAP
Old Feb 7, 2013, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
my fog indicator went out recently too...i barely use my fogs, but it was annoying at first...if it's not a replaceable bulb, it might be an incandescent lamp that's soldered in...if i feel like taking it apart when i get home, i'll let you know...
Old Feb 7, 2013, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

^^IIRC it's a light blue indicator so i'm gonna guess it's a blue/white bulb...
so i dont knwo if either of those will work to have the OE color...(clear, red or amber)
i may have to do some digging to find a blue/white one..
thanks tho!...@ least i know it is replaceable now

i wonder how much vs non cost is...

i have my fogs on if my headlights are on, wich is constantly when my car is on...i just leave them on, since they turn off and on with the key anyway...and force of habit i flip the fogs on when i turn the car on...and im kinda ocd...but only on the not so important things...so it bother me...ALOT...lol

habit: get in, start car, turn on fogs, lock doors, drive...

Last edited by nekkidlad; Feb 7, 2013 at 07:59 AM.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is easily replaceable.
Just need to remove the gauge cluster.
Bulbs were about $2 Canadian at my dealership.
Bulbs are clear, there is a color film on the gauge cluster itself.
Maybe this should be some sort of poem?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 05:04 AM
Evolved Member

haiku maybe..?lol...i think u'd have to modify it a bit to be a haiku tho...
thanks btw...i know the cluster isn't that hard to remove...but its just too cold for me to feel up do doing almost anything...lol...and last night it snowed like a foot of snow...
oh yay...
Old Feb 21, 2013, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

making a how to write up for anybody who's interested...
managed to get it all out after buying a new bulb then come to find out...it's the wrong one..GRR...
so i ordered ones from the dealer and ill have to rip it all apart again later...lol

EDIT:YAY...write up is done...
if anybody cares, it's in the howto section

Last edited by nekkidlad; Feb 22, 2013 at 11:41 AM.