Notices

Nitto NeoGen

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2005, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nitto NeoGen

anyone try these tires? I think im getting them. I hear good things! anyone /w 1st hand experience? Made for aggresive cambers, so i might wana adjust to -1 all around for some crazy cornering

Old Jul 25, 2005, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw those in import tuner... they look like they would be pretty cool... I'm no expert but I ran negative camber on my honda and it handled horribly and then when I got it aligned it was so much better... but it could be different for an RA... I don't know... it should still be a good tire though negative camber or not...
Old Jul 25, 2005, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

My buddy has them on his car. He said they're awesome and a good price compared to other tires.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 03:12 PM

i've always heard that they are just show tires. my friend has them on his s2000 and they don't grip what so ever......

Last edited by tangkenboo2; Jul 25, 2005 at 06:44 PM.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tangkenboo2
i've always heard that they are just show tires. my friend has them on his s2000 and they don't brip what so ever......
I had them on my old eclipse, they sucked. They were ALRIGHT in the dry, but in the rain they really were horrible. I had them rotated ever 4500-5000 miles and I still only got MAYBE 18 thousand out of them. I got the Bridgestone Potenza SO-3 pole position after them, best tires ive ever owned.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 05:22 PM
Evolving Member

they suck imo, honestly wish Advan made tires in our size.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by lucas569
the man said it
Old Jul 26, 2005, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Oh man that would be sweet!!!
Old Jul 26, 2005, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Really???! I've had them for 25,000 miles now and am real happy with them! I'm actually going to stick with them when it's time for new tires again.

Old Aug 16, 2005, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

ive had them for a few hundred miles now and im happy /w my choice. dunno how any of u guys had such bad experience /w them. so far i think they are great! we will see how long they hold up, but if i had to do it again, i would make the same decision.

ride comfort is a tad more rough, but hardly noticable. putting lowering springs or coilovers is 100x harsher. road noise is no different until u corner hard then u can hear the rubber rip, but never screach.

ohh yea, its rainy season here in miami and i've put them to the limit in the water. they are one of the best ive tried. dunno how u can say they suck in the rain. they held me just fine at about 90mph in a downpour while on an exit ramp.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

Hey,

I have the Kuhmo MX and I run a fairly aggressive negative camber. I have camber bolts to In front I'm running -1.7 and -0.5 in back. I run auto-x so I wanted an aggressive camber for cornering.
PROS: Cornering is great and understeer is all but eliminated, helps tire life as inside wear is matches outer wear because of auto-x. I did have my tires flipped on the rim for max tread life as the outer egde was wearing because of sidewall scrubbing.

CONS: your car will follow the roads crowning and ruts like crazy.. I think its called tramlining. Less stable at high speeds(I have not seen this, but apparently is might happen if too much negative camber is used)
Inside tire wear might happen with too much toe out or in or infrequent tire rotation

My autox season is over for the summer, but next summer I'm going for -2 and -1 rear and see how that holds up. The is a SICK handleling car and the TEIN coils are sween as ****. We'll see how negative camber holds up in the winter months...lol
Old Aug 16, 2005, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

A guy up at our local tuner shop said that they are asymmetrical, so when you rotate them it doesn't matter were you put them. You will be able to get a few more miles out of them that way.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 12:36 PM

I run them..

Love them.

Ive had good grip.. rain or dry.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

my opinion still holds. they rock =) they saved my *** already!

i misjudged (well, totally DIDNT judge) a 90degree turn at a 4-lane intersection. was coming off a mjor highway at about 85mph. it didnt feel like i was going that fast off the exit ramp, but I was. i was kind of thinking about something distant, being it was about 4am, and I didnt notice the light at the end of the ramp was red (or that I was approaching the intersection at a very high speed) till I was about 20 or 30 yards from the intersection and saw another car zoom through out in front of me. brakes slammed, some screaching, and, instead of risking taking it through 4 lanes of oncoming traffic, i cut it to the right (from the right-most exit lane! I didnt have a chance to get to the left lane to take the turn wider). i probably slowed it down to 60mph while entering the turn. I was sure the car was gonna skid into the raised median and I was gonna be very screwed. nope! a nice big screach but they held VERY WELL! I ended up perfectly in the left lane. Luckly there was no one coming through the intersection my way! If you are ever in Miami, take the NE 95th St exit off of I95-South and look for the skid marks. they should be there for a while

and a word of advice: if a friend asks you to pick them up at the airport at 3am, grab a redbull on the way out and another for the way back. it will help avoid such occurances.
Old Dec 24, 2005, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by aflancerdude
I run them..

Love them.

Ive had good grip.. rain or dry.
same.

Quick Reply: Nitto NeoGen