Notices

Everyones thoughts on Fuzion ZRi tires?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2005, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
320 is not "very soft". The lower the number, the softer the tire, and the faster it will wear out.

A treadwear rating of 300 means it *should* last 3x as long as a treadwear rating of 100.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 05:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Considering most of your cheaper all-season tires being around 400 I would say 320 is pretty soft. If 300 should last 3x what a 100 would, if the 100 only lasts 10,000 miles then the 300 will be around 30,000.. that still is pretty fast wear I think.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have read that the treadwear rating isn't standard throughout the tire industry, but only within a given company. Goodyear's 300 might not be the same as Yokohama's, etc.

My stock crappy RS-As were rated at 260, and I got 40,000 miles out of them pretty easily. They were down to the wear bars when I changed them out, but not totally bald. I had a set of Falken Ziex 502s on my old car that still looked new after 40k.

I probably could have gone another 20k on them, but that would put me smack into the middle of this coming Winter, and I don't want to try driving in snow on bald tires.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 05:05 PM

I got the Fuzion ZRI as well. Good tire for the money. SO much better than the crap stock Goodyears. Just hope the Fuzion's have decent wear, haven't had them long enough to tell yet. But you guys are right my goodyears would chirp and spin at the slightest attempt, Fuzions have much more grip wet and dry.
Old Jan 17, 2006, 12:18 PM

I had the ZRi for year and half and they are hitting the 2/32 mark already. I had about 22000 miles on it. It was good for the price but I'm sure there are better ones that would cost more.
Old Jan 17, 2006, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

Well i have been looking at tires and decided on the Fuzion ZRi's. But with all the talk about the bad wear i am having second thoughts. Whats another quality tire that won't die out on me, but will give me good performance without breaking the bank? Any suggestions???
AND YES THOSE JUNK GOODYEARS ARE HORRIBLE! I get sideways around turns like i am rwd... probably doesn't help that they are almost slicks,
Old Jan 17, 2006, 03:01 PM

i have the fusions on my evo and they are sweet good wear and nice traction no complaints at all these are the best tires for the buck
Old Jan 17, 2006, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

I had Fuzion ZRi tires on both my 99 GS-T (300 whp) Eclipse and my Ripp Supercharged 2000 GT (383 whp) Eclipse. Both cars are FWD as most of you all ready know.
So when I tell you Fuzion ZRi tires are the BEST BANG for the BUCK you can take it to the bank.
Fuzion ZRi are GREAT 3 sesson tire for the $$$.
Here is a picture or two of my Nakayama X7 17x7 Hyperblack Racing Wheels and Fuzion ZRi 235/45/17 Tires
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...48426596WPKCcd
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...71798126jocGKO
And a picture or two of TurfNNsurf's 91 GSX sporting a set of ARD Wheels and Fuzion ZRi Tires
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...50530866cWRFYN
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...50530733CSvIle

Here are some quotes from club 3G guys who tried them...
Originally Posted by roary
I would have to recommend these tires to anyone. First I have to give credit where it's due because KC2Buk was the one that turned me on these.

These tires (I bought them in stock size) are directional. Which means they are made to only rotate one direction. That is no big deal from a longetivity standpoint you just have to make sure that you rotate them regularly. From a traction standpoint it seems to have made a great difference. I have only succeeded in breaking them loose one time and that was when I was absolutely pushing my GTS to the edge.

At that point in time, I couldn't actually say they even broke loose, because they were just right there on the edge and letting me know it. It was the only time that they made a sound while I was taking country S-curves at 85+. Normally I wouldn't do that, but knowing that road as well as I do and knowing how little traffic comes down that road I figured it would be as good a time as any try them out.

The ride is great! Compared to the Screamin Eagles, there is really no comparison. Much quieter, much more responsive than the OEM ever thought about being and also much smoother.

I haven't been able to test them in wet weather yet, but KC2Buk swears by them in the rain.

And the price, can't forget about the price. For $89/tire you just can't beat that! I looked several different places, and Tirerack.com had the best price. And since I only live an hour away from Shreveport I just drove down and hour after I ordered them and picked them up the same day. And since I just couldn't bear the thought of driving home on my eagles, I drove by Wal-Mart and had them mounted and balanced.

The cost of tires came out to be $394.xx after taxes and then mounting and balancing was an additional $50. So I really can't complain about anything!

I would highly recommend these tires to anyone that is in the market for new performance tires.
:fever:
Originally Posted by dantheman1
i have the fuzion zri's and i have to say, they are great tires. They are extremely good for the price that i got them for. They have exceleent overall traction in dry and wet conditions. I highly recomend them. btw, when i bought them, they were on special for $89 a tire from tirerack.com
The tires are SOFT! They do wear a bit fast! But, they grip like mad and you just can't beat the price.
I also had the Dayton Daytona ZR Tires and they are a great sister tire to the Fuzion ZRi.
They did cost a bit more last year.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 12:59 AM
Evolving Member

I have Fuzion ZRi's on my 17" ASA rims - they ride pretty nice. They're pretty sticky too for the treadwear rating of 320. I was in a very very smooth parking lot (the black top type) trying to break the back end loose and it took quite a bit of trying.

I noticed that when it's cold out (20~30 degrees) the ride is a bit "lumpy" until the tires warm up - it's almost like they get "stiff"? Never noticed this on any other vehicle/tire... But then again the biggest wheels I've ridden on until now have been 15".

These are 215/45R17's btw

Mike
Old Mar 23, 2006, 06:35 AM

My experience with low profile tires is that they are all a little noisy or lumpy when cold, especially when it gets really cold. I had Yokohama ES 100 summer tires for my Focus and the level of grip was just crazy compared to the stock H-rated all-season Firestones. They were fairly noisy when cold, but pretty quiet when warm.

Unfortunately, they also wore out in 15000 miles, and thats with using snow tires for four months! They also got very noisy,hot or cold, toward the end of their life.

I bought the Fuzion HRi for the Focus before I traded it. Not a bad tire, still better then the OEM Firestone Firehawks for $20 less per tire. I sure missed the grip of the W rated ES 100 though! Tires on the Focus were 205/50/16.

Can't go wrong for the price on the Fuzions, just don't expect them to be the ultimate or last real long.
Old Mar 23, 2006, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

It's funny how people compare higher performance tires to the stock tires(Goodyears RS-A's) it's not a fair comparison. Any upgrade from the RS-A's is good. But whether your comparing Fuzion ZRi to *enter tire here* is another story.
Old Mar 23, 2006, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by k3lv
It's funny how people compare higher performance tires to the stock tires(Goodyears RS-A's) it's not a fair comparison. Any upgrade from the RS-A's is good. But whether your comparing Fuzion ZRi to *enter tire here* is another story.
I think the point is the cost. The Goodyear is supposed to be a premium tire and they charge a premium price. But you can find tires for sometimes half the cost that perform better in most (and sometimes all) regards to the Goodyears, especially if they are OEM. Of course, some of it is how you drive and where you drive.

I know there are people on Tire Rack who've gotten 60k out of a set of RS-A. A friend of my wife has an 05 Mazda 3 S with Eagle RS-A and they are pretty much done at 25,000 miles. Of course, here in Pittsburgh, the hills, turns and winter driving beat up on tires pretty good, even if you aren't that aggressive.

The Sportback will probably be getting Yokohamas to replace the current Eagle LS when they are worn out.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I had the Zri's on my 1g FWD Eclipse and LOVED them. I had them for 20k before I sold the car and still had over 50% tread left.
They also have great grip. My brother had a 2g AWD w/ potenza's and I beat him off the line (no boost launch). Never had any grip issues, even in very wet conditions.
Great tire IMO
Old Feb 10, 2009, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

From what I've read, they are very good in wet performance.