Notices

Slotted/drilled discs+EBC pads+AWD DSM calipers install!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2007, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slotted/drilled discs+EBC pads+AWD DSM calipers install!!

Install was pretty much straignforward just remove the caliper and install the new one the PADS are EBC green stuff

Here are the pics (if you look closely you can also see the KYB strut ....)

Last edited by migueralliart; Jul 6, 2007 at 05:17 PM.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 09:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice! Are you planning to paint that green or is that part of your color scheme? I only got slotted in the front, cross drilled in the back.

How about a pic from a bit further away.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the pads are green
Old Jul 6, 2007, 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PR_Mivec
the pads are green
EBC green stuff ... they rock!!!

I don't have a side picture because my older bro did the install , he's doing every install but the engine and electronics are MINE. He is doing a favor to me heheh ....
Old Jul 7, 2007, 08:15 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

Glad I went with the red stuff pads.
Old Jul 7, 2007, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

I was gonna buy the red stuff but then , a member told me they where too hard on the ebay rotors and I decided to use the green stuff just to give it a try first.. Maybe I will change to red stuff or perhaps axxis later... for now the greens have very good a superior braking capabilities than stock and almost no dust ... and the appeareance just scares people they are like "why do you have green pads" and I am like "I am protecting the enviroment" heehhe LOL
Old Jul 7, 2007, 10:43 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
lol.....looks good overall, no dust , good for you my red stuff pads were dusty as hell for the first week or so, and now less than factory...ebc is the shizznit....
Old Jul 8, 2007, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

i'll be rockin' ebc red's this fall. I'm waiting for mines to wear out, but with my driving style i rarely use the brakes... I knew i shouldn't have learned how to downshift.. haah
Old Jul 8, 2007, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Orlando, looking good!

Get some further shots when you can. Man, you have a pretty nice brother to do the brakes
Old Jul 8, 2007, 05:07 PM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by bruce988jl
i'll be rockin' ebc red's this fall. I'm waiting for mines to wear out, but with my driving style i rarely use the brakes... I knew i shouldn't have learned how to downshift.. haah
Remember, brakes are cheaper than clutches.
Old Jul 8, 2007, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by otter
Remember, brakes are cheaper than clutches.
I use to always downshift and rev-match. After I read your post about brakes being cheaper than clutches, I now abuse the brakes
Old Jul 8, 2007, 05:33 PM
EvoM Administrator

I like to think with my wallet.
Old Jul 8, 2007, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

turned out pretty nice. which year/model DSM did you get the caliper from?

Not to derail, but I'm looking to do a similar mod soon cause I want to take the RA out for a half day session at Road Atlanta. The course is notorious for crushing people's brakes. I've seen pics of DSM's with calipers glowing bright red after a few laps on it =) If endurance is a concern, would you still suggest the Greens? Anything else that can be done for a reasonable cost to help out the heat situation?
Old Jul 8, 2007, 11:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blk-majik

Not to derail, but I'm looking to do a similar mod soon cause I want to take the RA out for a half day session at Road Atlanta. The course is notorious for crushing people's brakes. I've seen pics of DSM's with calipers glowing bright red after a few laps on it =) If endurance is a concern, would you still suggest the Greens? Anything else that can be done for a reasonable cost to help out the heat situation?
Green are not good for this application... lapping will require red or yellow, BTW yellow are now street and track !

I still have to call carbo tech to know if they have something for our car else I'll have to do the AWD DSM caliper's swap
Old Jul 8, 2007, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blk-majik

I used 98 AWD talon TSI calipers ,,,,direct fit

You can use the yellow stuff but then keep in mind that race PADS are not to be used with stock brake components, thats what people dont understand, they just put the best pads they find without knowing **** about the limit their stock components can take...

For you application keep in mind the main reason for brakes turning red is too much grip and no ventilation soo.. What I wanted to do was to design a brake cooling system using the stock fog light assemblies and routing air from there , you can design a steel plate mounted on the strut hub assembly and then try to make it a curve pretty solid and check with the rim out move your steering wheel and check the limits of the curve, I had a porsche 944 turbo all it had was that and trust me the car did stopped pretty well ... as I said its a custom mod but is a must for cruising speeds ... Also better to try the red stuff , the yellow might wear your discs faster, yellows are recommended for RACING SPEC BRAKE SYSTEMS which NOBODY has in their Ralliarts, such as BREMBO POWERSLOT and expensive brand braking companies....

Quick Reply: Slotted/drilled discs+EBC pads+AWD DSM calipers install!!