Notices

Tires for FWD traction?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2008, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd still buy the KDW2's I mean come on Joe, how often do you make it to the track to race people? I think you'd be better off with a stickier tire that will let you drive like you do on the road moreso than one suited for a dual purpose.

I definitely agree with everyone when they are telling you that if you are really gonna spend some time at the track you should just buy drag radials for the front. two cheap rims and two decent tires to go along with your summer and winter sets would probably even be more cost efficient in the long run (especially if you add in the gentleman's wagers at the track you can take advantage of with better tires) if you really use them.

I still find it hard to believe you will be/are spending so much time at the track racing
Old Mar 27, 2008, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ralliart_on_LSD
I dont need them for twist and turns, only for traction for the 1/4 mile. But i need it for a daily driver in newjersey.

I need new tires and need something for better 60' times.
blah blah blah ignore what everyone else is using if what you said here are your true intentions. Your going against the grain by avoiding the handling aspects of the car making what works for everyone else of little value. Look at what classic straight-line muscle cars have been using for DD's but have also been able to use at the track: BFG treaded radials or Hoosiers.

Look at page 19 here to see the treat patterns available on the Hoosiers. They have some details specs and most of the DOT ratings should be street legal (but I guess that also depends on where you live).

The BFG T/A Radial has a very similar treat pattern to the KDW2 with a more flexible sidewall and more shallow treading.

They'll suck in the rain and you'll get stuck in the snow, but if you get them now and use them like you should, don't expect them to last til winter Just realize this and please don't be an idiot on public roads with them. Abusing them in turns will turn them in to slicks (destroy them) in no time
Old Apr 14, 2008, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ralliart_on_LSD
yea true. So far i get my heart set on either the KDW2's or the toyo proxes, if i can get them for a cheap price. And i wanna investigate and see whats up with the nitto's and the bfg Drag radial. I'm tossed up between them 4 I guess.
I run proxes 4's and they do great for handleing and in the wet but they suck in the snow and they suck in a get up and go situation they're a 300 tread but you can get them for our stock rim for 62-75 depending on the week

tires-easy.com Out of germany
tiredeals4less.com Not sure where but usually cheaper