Notices

straight arms replacement

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2010 | 04:41 AM
Evolving Member

straight arms replacement

i went the the dealership yesturday , because i've been hearing a rubbing sound in the read of my 04 ra . so after about 30 min for the tec to look at the car. i was told i need 2 new straight arms and 2 end links. cost 900 for parts and labor.my question is the straight arm called the trailing arm or a arm.
and are these parts i need made aftermarkt.
Old Jul 17, 2010 | 08:40 AM
EvoM Administrator

Not sure what they mean by straight arm so I would ask for clarification. There's an upper control arm, lower control arm, and a trailer arm back there. Chances are they mean the trailing arm because that tends to be the most expensive part.

If they mean the trailing arm then there's no reason to replace it, unless it's cracked or something, as you can just replace the bushings (need a hydraulic press to do it) which only cost about $30 each. Endlinks should be cheap, too.
Old Jul 17, 2010 | 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

thank you otter , i most likey am going to get a second opinion and if its the bushing then it will save me a lot of money.
Old Jul 19, 2010 | 05:03 AM
Evolving Member

i just call the dealership to find out what parts need to be replaced, straight arm to them is the control arms so now that i have found out what parts are needed i will see for second opinion