Notices

Brakes?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2004, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Brakes?

I don't think It's really an issue but I've never experienced it in any other cars I've had so I figured I'd ask. Is it normal for my break pedal to feel like It's grinding if I break fast?
Let me give you an example of what happened...

I was coming down the street I live off of and I have to turn into my apartment parking lot and I was going somewhat quickly. I was breaking a little while turning into the driveway at an angle. The break pedal started feeling like it was grinding meaning the breaks were grinding? or slipping? or something I'm not sure. It felt really weird. Hard to explain it. Almost felt like the pedal area or down under the car was grinding for some reason. I was just curious what that was from? You can also somewhat hear the noise coming from below the car? The grinding noise? Hard for me to explain. I'm sure It's happened for someone else out there..
Old Feb 25, 2004, 12:40 PM
K_R

If it's the same thing, it happens to me all the time when braking on snow/ice here. It's just the Anti-lock brakes. They do sound really different from previous ones I've heard before. I'm guessing it has something to do with the Electronic Brakeforce Distribution.
Old Feb 25, 2004, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

yup....sounds like it's just the ABS...
Old Feb 25, 2004, 07:02 PM

it is abs, however what causes it even more is the semi-metallic brake pads, that is the main reason for this occurence. because there actually little pebbles in it, weird how they make it, but semi-metallic brake pads is the answer
Old Feb 26, 2004, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would also change your break lines to SS metal lines. Will improve your brake feel to solid from mushy...

We just need to find where they sell'em.