Notices

Trailing arm bushing (front) ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2015 | 02:19 PM

Trailing arm bushing (front) ?

Hi guys! Î'm new here but an old lancer owner! Driving now a RA 2006 and I Love it! I'm the kind of man that do all his work by itself. My problem is the rear trailing arm bushing on driver side is completely dead! Is there anybody that can help me find that bushing? The arm is now completely removed and waiting for the new one!

Sorry for my english I'm french from quebec in canada!
Old Jul 9, 2015 | 02:31 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

just google whiteline or energy products. they will make one. you will need a press.
Old Jul 9, 2015 | 03:40 PM

I Knew for the press! and thanks for the reply dude! I'll take a look to the whiteline products! Apreciate!
Old Jul 9, 2015 | 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

i've yet to find aftermarket/performance trailing arm bushings...
Old Jul 9, 2015 | 08:40 PM
kaj

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...shing&tbm=shop
Old Jul 9, 2015 | 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

that search only pulled up ****ty generic replacement trailing arm bushings...nothing by whiteline or energy were for the trailing arms...the ones that were, were for an Evo...
Old Jul 9, 2015 | 11:26 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
that search only pulled up ****ty generic replacement trailing arm bushings...nothing by whiteline or energy were for the trailing arms...the ones that were, were for an Evo...
still better than what you have now. anyway, i guess i assumed it would give you an idea for you to find them on your own. here. i did your homework for you:

2004-08 Lancer

http://www.whiteline.com.au/do_segue...F2004-9%2F2008
Old Jul 10, 2015 | 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kaj
still better than what you have now. anyway, i guess i assumed it would give you an idea for you to find them on your own. here. i did your homework for you:

2004-08 Lancer

http://www.whiteline.com.au/do_segue...F2004-9%2F2008

what I have now are perfectly serviceable trailing arm bushings that I would like to replace with harder urethane bushings, so I don't get why what you posted is any better...and I'm quite capable of doing my own homework, believe me, but thanks for the link that yet again contains no trailing arm bushings...
Old Jul 10, 2015 | 04:42 PM
kaj

I scrolled down and saw this

"Rear Control arm - lower inner & outer bushing"

And thought that was what you needed. Feel free to add pics or be more specific about what you need.

If you googled and found nothing, then we may not have any better luck, unfortunately.

You said the bushing is dead. If it's serviceable, then why not just service it?

Last edited by kaj; Jul 10, 2015 at 04:47 PM.
Old Jul 10, 2015 | 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

I think you have me confused with the OP...my bushings are fine, and when I say serviceable, I mean the military term meaning fit for service...

anyway, our rear suspension is very different because our cars are FWD, so there is no rear subframe, it's just a trailing arm, control arm, and control link...the OP, unless he's mixed up is looking for the bushing on the far right in this picture, that big ugly hunk of metal, is what our trailing arms look like...the first link you posted contained replacement bushings, which is perfect for the OP, I was just correcting you, in that there are no whiteline or energy suspension components for this application...hope this helps...

Old Jul 10, 2015 | 08:09 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
I think you have me confused with the OP...my bushings are fine, and when I say serviceable, I mean the military term meaning fit for service...

anyway, our rear suspension is very different because our cars are FWD, so there is no rear subframe, it's just a trailing arm, control arm, and control link...the OP, unless he's mixed up is looking for the bushing on the far right in this picture, that big ugly hunk of metal, is what our trailing arms look like...the first link you posted contained replacement bushings, which is perfect for the OP, I was just correcting you, in that there are no whiteline or energy suspension components for this application...hope this helps...

ah, you are right. i did get the posts mixed up, sorry. i did see some bushings, but not the larger front one, no. strange they would make some, but not all. i'm guessing because they cross reference with other cars.
i THINK to replace that front one, the arm has to be replaced. for some reason that's ringing a bell.