Notices
08+ Lancer Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Best Lancer GTS EvoX Conversion Kit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2011, 11:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Lancer GTS EvoX Conversion Kit

Hey evom forums, my 2010 lancer gts was recently in a car accident and instead of going for a repair, I thought that I would just get a body kit. I've looked at multiple evoX conversion kits and have e-mailed the sites but have gotten no responses (waited weeks). Im looking for a subtle and NOT ricer status; just want it to look like an evoX. My main concern is that it fit like OEM and wont pose problems for anything such as my fog lights...etc. All help is appreciated and I thank you guys in advance
Old Apr 25, 2011, 01:29 PM

well first put on your flame suit, you say you dont want it to look rice but you want it to look like an evo, which many will consider rice anyway since your wanting to pose as an evo. so other than that. if you're looking into any true evo conversion kits, most that i've seen are OEM fitment. you're just foregetting that the evo x is wider than the lancer. so the kit would come with front fenders and rear fenders you would have to install also along with the regular 4 piece kit. your fog lights will not fit, you'll need to snag some off an evo owner if you wanted those to fit.

if you've done your homework you probably came across accolade. with a 5 min search you'll quickly find out that you never want to do business with them if you ever plan on getting your kit. the kit is quality, just their customer service is by far the worst ever. there is one guy in the lancer for sale section selling his accolade evo conversion kit, i believe its still for sale. just know that its not cheap. i got quoted a while back from accolade and they wanted 2400 for the kit with the wing. granted it wasnt the evo x conversion it was still a widebody so the price had to be very similar to the evo conversion. someone here is selling it for 1700 i think or something.

so if you have the money. go for it.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 01:51 PM

well, i was aware of the wide body of the evoX and knew that it would need work to get it on. By OEM, i meant that it wouldn't look like the part was forced on and looked like it wasnt really made for the car (ive seen some pics of kit parts sticking out etc...). I've been looking into this one since the price seemed so well and it looked great (other than the pic showing the fog light area, i dont know what that is) and want to know whether its a good kit.
http://www.autocityimports.com/2008-...it-p-8004.html
Is that fog light area a big problem for this particular kit (or any kit in general)? Thanks again and sorry for the unclarity in my last post
Old Apr 26, 2011, 11:22 PM

I spoke with someone at autocityimports for the kit i mentioned above and he told me that i would need the body shop to custom fabricate the area around the fog lights (no evo lights needed). Anyone have experience with these sorts of things?
Old Jun 2, 2011, 12:16 PM

Why do people want to fake the funk with modding their Lancer into an Evo X ?? This irritates me when I see Lancers with this mod.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by elusiveGSR
Why do people want to fake the funk with modding their Lancer into an Evo X ?? This irritates me when I see Lancers with this mod.
chill out man, im not trying to pose as anything. the evo just looks nicer than the gts and ide rather not pay premium insurance for a mitsu. My speed fix is my supra and ide rather just have an evo looking lancer.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 05:41 PM

kit

oem is the way to go, aftermarket stuff rarely fits, try oem with a lip or wing to change your look
Old Jul 9, 2011, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by single94
oem is the way to go, aftermarket stuff rarely fits, try oem with a lip or wing to change your look
X2
Old Jul 12, 2011, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by a.w.o.l
X2
That's all that needs to be said on this thread
Old Apr 19, 2013, 04:46 AM

can someone post a link for an oem?