Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

LATEST MOTOR Trend: Ralliart 0-60 5.6s, 0.89g skidpad

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2008, 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ambystom01
I suspect the numbers were either A. adjusted based on the environmental conditions (like adding a correction factor to a dyno) or B. acquired through hard as **** launches that you wouldn't really want to do that often. It's like the 5.X second 0-60 they got on my car, they probably did a 5000 RPM, tranny killing launch.
Right, thats what magazines do, they do hard launches to get the best numbers, from civic si to wrx to ms3 to ralliart, thats normal, thats the nature, thats how u compare.
All the numbers are on par with car and driver review, except for the skidpad number, and we all know edmunds often have slow numbers and in this case they did a lazy launch.
Anyway, ms3 and wrx numbers were with a manual trans, try an auto wrx and see how it performs hahaha.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hibby
The mid-5 0-60 is a brake-torqued launch. It has to be. As far as I'm concerned, that's not remotely a real number.

The 0.89g could be real, but who knows...it's pretty far from what everyone else says.

Just waiting this out...wouldn't be getting mine until at least MY2010 anyhow. First year TC-SST? PASS!
fiuuuuuu, gonna be a long long wait.
Problem is, one thing is your perception, and one thing is the reality of perfomance numbers.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Deetz00
I was talking to the dealer today, and they're trying to work out a ready made wheel and tire package with some fatter rubber that you can get right out of the box..... and i test drove the evo once again, what a beast, I'd be happy if the RA is even half as good at those high g corners!
That would be awesome.
At what cost?
Only your dealer or nation wide?
Why are they thinking of this already? because of mitsu headquarters or because they read the reviews hahaha
Old Aug 2, 2008, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dboz
You guys kill me. Unless you are hanging ***** out on the on/off ramps, where are you ever going to approach lateral G max. Compared to a BUICK or an INTREPID the RA will slice and dice either of those barges all day. It would will feel like going from a freighter to a speed boat in performance. I see no way to compare family sedan Detroit iron to the RA in which the former would not get toasted in every aspect of performance. Seating capacity and trunk space go to Detroit however.
+100
Old Aug 3, 2008, 01:08 AM

not sure about the cost, but it would have to be reasonable to make it it work.

Apparently the dealer's are quite in tune with the skidpad and braking criticism's coming out from the magazine review's and want to try and deal with the problem themselves if mitsubishi isn't going to do it!
Old Aug 3, 2008, 10:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Deetz00
not sure about the cost, but it would have to be reasonable to make it it work.

Apparently the dealer's are quite in tune with the skidpad and braking criticism's coming out from the magazine review's and want to try and deal with the problem themselves if mitsubishi isn't going to do it!
Congrats that u have that dealer !!
Old Aug 3, 2008, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

"The Ralliart even boasts a brake upgrade, from single-piston to dual-piston front calipers, and larger-diameter single pistons in the rear. They might not look as good as the Evolution's Brembo hardware, but they are a performance upgrade."

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2...drive-200.html
Old Aug 3, 2008, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

The Ralliart's really shaping up to be a decent car. It's just what Mitsu needs. The only bad thing, not that it's a bad thing, but in my opinion the Imprezza can be compared to the Lancer - kind of. The WRX to the Ralliart and the STI to the Evo. Most people know of the STI as a suped up WRX. Unfortunately, the Ralliart will almost always be known as a detuned Evo. Just stating an opinion not that it matters what anyone thinks. The Ralliart is just what Mitsu needs. The only thing wrong with the car is the wheels. Sorry, they're just kind of hideous.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

The only thing wrong with the car is the wheels. Sorry, they're just kind of hideous.[/QUOTE]

x100. They need something more aggresive. I hope at least they come with gunmetal vs. straight Lancer silver!!
Old Aug 3, 2008, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

The only thing wrong with the car is the wheels. Sorry, they're just kind of hideous.
My money says every Ralliart owner in the Northeast sells their stock Yokohama tires, makes the stock wheels their winter wheels, and buyers wider April-to-October wheels with better rubber.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 08:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Or they just pick up all the Evo X GSR Wheels that Evo owners will be selling.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Either way, they won't run the stock wheels for long anyway. Apex silver Ralliart with black powder-coated GSR wheels? Win.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 03:13 PM

How much wider?

Originally Posted by hibby
My money says every Ralliart owner in the Northeast sells their stock Yokohama tires, makes the stock wheels their winter wheels, and buyers wider April-to-October wheels with better rubber.
Does anyone know how wide a rim/tire you can put on (based on the regular Lancer) without the tire sticking out past the wheel well or rubbing while using the full turning lock?
Old Aug 4, 2008, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

The only thing wrong with the car is the wheels. Sorry, they're just kind of hideous.
x100. They need something more aggresive. I hope at least they come with gunmetal vs. straight Lancer silver!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, nothing good comes of having the same wheels the GTS has.
Whoever see u from the side, will think is a simple GTS.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 08:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by turbotortuga
Or they just pick up all the Evo X GSR Wheels that Evo owners will be selling.
Turbo Tortuga? hahaha,

Quick Reply: LATEST MOTOR Trend: Ralliart 0-60 5.6s, 0.89g skidpad