Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

LATEST MOTOR Trend: Ralliart 0-60 5.6s, 0.89g skidpad

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2008, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by turbotortuga
Or they just pick up all the Evo X GSR Wheels that Evo owners will be selling.
it might going to stick out a bit.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dklau33
Yup that is the $64,000 question.
the earlier cars had Dunlops from the GTS. the newer ones have ADVANS
Old Aug 30, 2008, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GTS_Rob
the earlier cars had Dunlops from the GTS. the newer ones have ADVANS
Sadly, no.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...take_road_test

0.80g on Advans.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 01:37 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by VincentX
Wow, relax man. I remember long time ago that the first Evo that was brought to the US only produced .89g or .90g.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...es+page-3.html

the original evo 8 was never a sub 0.95g. In fact some other mag registered at least a 0.98/0.99 at that time using oem advans.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hibby
hmmmm thats interesting. the first few RAs that i saw had the Dunlops and the ones ive been seeing this last few weeks had Advans. i thought that would make a difference. i guess we will have to wait and see how it handles with all the different info flying around. It is always like this when a new car comes out. info differs
Old Aug 30, 2008, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

just read the article and i think the cars at MMNA right now have 225s on not 215s. il go check in a bit
Old Aug 30, 2008, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

MotorTrend just tested a MR and it was .94G.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 08:50 AM

Everyone knows they are going to atleast put a new spring and strut kit in this dam thing anyway. We need to hear more from AMS about what they tossed on suspension wise outside of the strut bars. Once we see what the aftermarket support runs I don't think anyone here or atleast that was thinking about buying one will care about that .89 or .85g. They will be tweaking away to busy to look at those numbers twice untill they put on some new rubbers and wider rims. Does anyone know what the max fitment is without rolling the fender or tubbing the thing out is?vs. stock.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MetalMagic666
Everyone knows they are going to atleast put a new spring and strut kit in this dam thing anyway. We need to hear more from AMS about what they tossed on suspension wise outside of the strut bars. Once we see what the aftermarket support runs I don't think anyone here or atleast that was thinking about buying one will care about that .89 or .85g. They will be tweaking away to busy to look at those numbers twice untill they put on some new rubbers and wider rims. Does anyone know what the max fitment is without rolling the fender or tubbing the thing out is?vs. stock.
18x8 with 235/40/18 should fit with no rolling based on what I've read about the GTS models...
Old Sep 2, 2008, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, I think with the correct offset you can go with an 8" wide wheel with 235mm wide tires as the max. From my research the offset has to be somewhere in the +43 to +48 range. I think this is also assuming stock ride height to a mild drop.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by robi
OK in this state (CA) they say "17 will get you 20" so this
Wheels and tires are Enkei GTC 01 17x8.5 +35 with 245/40/17 REO1R tires. and this is as big as you will get on this car PERIOD...while still providing full wheel travel . This required full rolling of the rear quarterpanels shaving the bumper conection AND the reduced height wheel tire combo to work.. at this height. I do have the car AS LOW AS YOU CAN GO (scrapes on everything exhaust and front lip).. but we are extreme testing NO?

Robi
I found this to be the absolut max for the RalliArt in another thread.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dklau33
Yeah, I think with the correct offset you can go with an 8" wide wheel with 235mm wide tires as the max. From my research the offset has to be somewhere in the +43 to +48 range. I think this is also assuming stock ride height to a mild drop.
Yea I forgot to mention the offset, from what I saw 18x8 +45 with 235/40/18 was the ideal setup without rolling.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

I found this to be the absolut max for the RalliArt in another thread.

I think we were talking absolute max WITHOUT having to roll fenders or do any body work as illustrated by robi.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 10:46 AM

True, but I was showing absolute max they suggest. Not max without body work. I want to know what we can fit without body work. I may do the body work just because of how hot the pics look in the thread, but just incase I want to know the other options.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Here's the problem with this argument, the only way to get stock quality parts is to pay big bucks. To put this into perspective, a decent strut and spring set for my car would set you back at minimum 800$ and that's at an absolute minimum (ie. Koni inserts that require you to take apart your stock struts to use). If you want really good struts that can put up with a beating and be soft enough for daily use (something you want), you're looking at a 2000$ price tag (Ohlins). Now some people may say "oh just buy coilovers" but those people have either A. never been in a car with cheap coilovers in it or B. have no sense of feeling in any part of their body. Coilovers are not good for a street car, there, I said it. They're way too stiff, the adjustability is annoying, they have a habit of dying prematurely and they make all kinds of noises.

Quick Reply: LATEST MOTOR Trend: Ralliart 0-60 5.6s, 0.89g skidpad