Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Official Ralliart pricing

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2008 | 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$26.5K sounds really good to me. I don't need the Recaro pkg and I'm certainly not going to pay $2K for a nav when you can buy good ones for $200 just about anywhere.

IMO, once you get over $30k you may as well get an Evo.
Old Aug 1, 2008 | 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jwoods986
IMO, once you get over $30k you may as well get an Evo.
Yes and no. If you're looking for pure performance then yes a fully loaded RA is in GSR territory and if you can afford one then you might as well go for it. If you're like me and need a more fuel friendly and practical ride then for the price the RA is a better choice.
Old Aug 1, 2008 | 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HudsonFalcon
Yes and no. If you're looking for pure performance then yes a fully loaded RA is in GSR territory and if you can afford one then you might as well go for it. If you're like me and need a more fuel friendly and practical ride then for the price the RA is a better choice.
I agree. The RA is going to be a much more useable daily driver. The torque peak is way down in the RPM range which will make it a more fun seat of the pants feel in stop and go. The EVO is the all out screamer. For me the RA makes more sense. Now if they would only do a wide body!!
Old Aug 1, 2008 | 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dboz
I agree. The RA is going to be a much more useable daily driver. The torque peak is way down in the RPM range which will make it a more fun seat of the pants feel in stop and go. The EVO is the all out screamer. For me the RA makes more sense. Now if they would only do a wide body!!
Ive never driven a stock evo and screamed....
Old Aug 1, 2008 | 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

how will this car compare to the 09 wrx
Old Aug 2, 2008 | 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Tureno-AE86
how will this car compare to the 09 wrx
Well the price of the RA is pretty good considering gadgets the car gets and the new 09 Wrx will get a price bump too considering the performance upgrades. I feel the RA will be much slower more or less becuz of the weight difference. If a manual is really in the works regardless if a HP bump or not i think the battle will be really close considering motortrend and C/D already said RA hits 5.5-5.7 0-60.
A manual might get same and better quater mile time prolly.

If u want better insurance, lower payments, better MPG this is the car for u.....also even tho the price creaps close to the GSR still u are getting a fully loaded car for the price. It dependds if u want features or full out performance really. This RA will be a good starting platform to upgrade or Daily Drive so have fun whoever gets the car.
Old Aug 2, 2008 | 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

If u want better insurance, lower payments, better MPG this is the car for u.....also even tho the price creaps close to the GSR still u are getting a fully loaded car for the price. It dependds if u want features or full out performance really. This RA will be a good starting platform to upgrade or Daily Drive so have fun whoever gets the car.[/QUOTE]

Plus the wife will be happier with the auto. While a stick would be fine with me, I ahve shifted cars for many years. I really like the SST option, so for the price vs. the MR there really is no decision.
Old Aug 3, 2008 | 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2...drive-200.html
August 1
http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...r-ralliart.htm

Maybe reposts

My thoughts on the comment made on Deep Drive is:
1. If it handles better then the GTS -
I am satisfied. I love the way the GTS handles. And AWD w/ Turbo. I am cool with that.
2. Is the thoughts about the comparison on how the MR is like straining to break it's leash on a regular driving. That is a little annoying for me.
The CSRT4 is the same way. A decent DD but there is no real comfort. The car feels like you CANNOT drive it slow. It HAS to be driven fast for the best comfort.

And if the R/A's factory price may be around 24k. And we are looking at MSRP @ 27k. Just leaves a decent margin on dealer markups.
Old Aug 3, 2008 | 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HudsonFalcon
+100
Old Aug 3, 2008 | 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chino ali
http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2...drive-200.html
August 1
http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...r-ralliart.htm

Maybe reposts

My thoughts on the comment made on Deep Drive is:
1. If it handles better then the GTS -
I am satisfied. I love the way the GTS handles. And AWD w/ Turbo. I am cool with that.
2. Is the thoughts about the comparison on how the MR is like straining to break it's leash on a regular driving. That is a little annoying for me.
The CSRT4 is the same way. A decent DD but there is no real comfort. The car feels like you CANNOT drive it slow. It HAS to be driven fast for the best comfort.

And if the R/A's factory price may be around 24k. And we are looking at MSRP @ 27k. Just leaves a decent margin on dealer markups.

I was pumped until I got to this part.

"Unfortunately, the Ralliart still suffers from some of the ills that affect the rest of the line--namely, high noise levels, mediocre overall refinement, and sluggish acceleration off the line--at least before the turbo kicks in. Ralliart's fuel economy is also unexceptional for a compact car--17 mpg city and 25 mpg highway are the official EPA estimates."

Also, did they upgrade the brakes for production? Sounds like it got new front brakes at least.

"The Ralliart even boasts a brake upgrade, from single-piston to dual-piston front calipers, and larger-diameter single pistons in the rear. They might not look as good as the Evolution's Brembo hardware, but they are a performance upgrade."

Last edited by dboz; Aug 3, 2008 at 10:44 AM.
Old Aug 3, 2008 | 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

I dont know. Getting into the 30k range I think I'd just go for a used Evo GSR instead. The gas mileage isnt THAT different, the evo GSR is 16/22, depends if you do more city driving than freeway, 1mpg city wouldn't be that noticeable. However the freeway would. You can always do a few basic mods that slightly improve MPG.
For people that MUST have a manual, the GSR is the only option, until/if they produce an RA or MR with one.

I haven't driven an Evo so I wouldn't know about the comfort. Is it really that hard to drive the car slowly, smoothly and comfortably without having to go fast?
Old Aug 3, 2008 | 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Also, did they upgrade the brakes for production? Sounds like it got new front brakes at least.

"The Ralliart even boasts a brake upgrade, from single-piston to dual-piston front calipers, and larger-diameter single pistons in the rear. They might not look as good as the Evolution's Brembo hardware, but they are a performance upgrade."
Upgrade over DE/ES/GTS spec. It's had that brake package for as long as brake info has been out.
Old Aug 3, 2008 | 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sweet. In 2 years I hopefully will get one.
Old Aug 4, 2008 | 04:16 PM

my question is they never say anything about a sunroof in the pag. what's up with that?

I wonder if they nuked it like they did with the X
Old Aug 4, 2008 | 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Paloom
my question is they never say anything about a sunroof in the pag. what's up with that?

I wonder if they nuked it like they did with the X
Road and Track had a first drive review of the RA today and the pic in the article had a sunroof.

Quick Reply: Official Ralliart pricing