Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

CarandDriver stats

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2008, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chino ali
^ word...good looking out, Vince
Yeah...hopefully Robi, who has that R/A to test on, will give us some info after they get done with their tests for MMNA.

And to Eddie, I wasn't aware of those numbers, but that is good news.
Thankx.
your welcome. And there's a post a little farther down discussing Robispec and some of the work done to the car. Tuning Tech. is also performing some of their magic on the car so it'll be interesting to see what they can extract.....safely.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by eddie
Well, that's not quite true. MMC does not GIVE cars away. HKS and Jun both payed for their cars.
And if your really worried about track times, Robi Fuller of Robispec, while testing and tuning a pre-prod. Ralliart Lancer @ Willowsprings managed a lap time in the mid 1:30's on street tires. The car was also sporting a prototype set of KW coilovers and BBK. If your not familiar with Willowsprings and it's lap times, check out the latest Road & Track mag. and look at the lap times some of the super exotics were putting down. For instance, a 997 Porsche GT3 RS (also sporting factory coilovers, carbon brakes and Supercup tires) driven by a pro driver posted a 1:33:xx.
So does the Ralliart have track potential? Oh yes...
well with those you will be almost at the GSR price. Now in CA they selling them under $31K
So if you want to go track, put 4 tires like Toyo R888 on the X for $1200 and do a Zchip+ MBC /extra 100 whp+ 98 wtq for around $600 / And you will be leave the ralliart in dust.
And also you will need those mods on the RA too, if you go on track.
Of course you don't spend extra money on the X this way, since you spend this on the RA anyway to being competitive...
The RA has a potential due the engine. Everything else will fall behind the X.

That is why i think the RA will be a great choice for those who dont think too much about track racing. Maybe occasionally.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
That is why i think the RA will be a great choice for those who dont think too much about track racing. Maybe occasionally.
Ding Ding Ding... we got a winner folks!
Old Aug 14, 2008, 03:24 PM
Account Disabled

Thats is the point. When actually will match with the EVo numbers , you are basically there already. And you still not rocking the evo.
Mitsubishi is not stupid, they know the tuner market. Fact they even give out evos for HKS -JUN etc even before they start selling them.

The Ralliart will be a great daily driver. Not a good starting platform for racing.
You can make any car for race. But there is the fine balance between :
money - work- your goal.
Originally Posted by eddie
Well, that's not quite true. MMC does not GIVE cars away. HKS and Jun both payed for their cars.
And if your really worried about track times, Robi Fuller of Robispec, while testing and tuning a pre-prod. Ralliart Lancer @ Willowsprings managed a lap time in the mid 1:30's on street tires. The car was also sporting a prototype set of KW coilovers and BBK. If your not familiar with Willowsprings and it's lap times, check out the latest Road & Track mag. and look at the lap times some of the super exotics were putting down. For instance, a 997 Porsche GT3 RS (also sporting factory coilovers, carbon brakes and Supercup tires) driven by a pro driver posted a 1:33:xx.
So does the Ralliart have track potential? Oh yes...
Robevo RS = Owned.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

^^^ how? i never said they don't paid for the cars i said the mitsubishi gave out the cars for some companies, even before they release them? Or how else you call that gesture?

Last edited by Robevo RS; Aug 14, 2008 at 04:21 PM.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

Vince, you have to remember that the RA talked about in that thread is highly modified. Probably $6-7k worth in mods from the wheels/tires, BBK, and KW suspension. If someone is interested in racing only wouldn't it be a much better choice to buy the base GSR for about the same amount of money you would have spent on the RA and mods? Plus the GSR has SAWC with AYC and more power to boot.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

I don't think the RA and the GSR are comparable. It is simply based on transmission choice IMO. If you want SST and want to save 10-15k then go RA, if you want more power and the rear diff, and you like to shift, and you like a hard ride, and you like a lot of maintenance, and you want a shorter warranty, get the GSR.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dboz
I don't think the RA and the GSR are comparable. It is simply based on transmission choice IMO. If you want SST and want to save 10-15k then go RA, if you want more power and the rear diff, and you like to shift, and you like a hard ride, and you like a lot of maintenance, and you want a shorter warranty, get the GSR.
lot of maintenance..? compare to what ?
as soon as you mod your car your warranty is gone. Faster then the bone stock GSR
Old Aug 14, 2008, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

lot of maintenance..? compare to what ?
as soon as you mod your car your warranty is gone. Faster then the bone stock GSR

tires/brakes. not modding the car. not looking for the fastest car. not looking for a stick for a daily driver either. don't want a 40k econobox.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 06:37 PM
Evolving Member

184 ft is crazy long. My car can do 70-0 in 114ft.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TruboPower
184 ft is crazy long. My car can do 70-0 in 114ft.
Uh, try 167 ft.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...peed_3_feature
Old Aug 15, 2008, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dboz
tires/brakes. not modding the car. not looking for the fastest car. not looking for a stick for a daily driver either. don't want a 40k econobox.
so the RA will be perfect for you.
If you dont "want " the X, that doesn't mean you can call it like that.
Yours will be then the 30K econobox?
Since your price will be a lot closer to $30K then mine for the $40k...
Old Aug 15, 2008, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

16mpg? i hope it's because they were racing and thrashing the car. because that's abysmal.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vassili
16mpg? i hope it's because they were racing and thrashing the car. because that's abysmal.
nope. these things suck gas. I've heard some people will see 24-25mpg highway but not much more. If you want mileage your in the wrong forum.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dklau33
Vince, you have to remember that the RA talked about in that thread is highly modified. Probably $6-7k worth in mods from the wheels/tires, BBK, and KW suspension. If someone is interested in racing only wouldn't it be a much better choice to buy the base GSR for about the same amount of money you would have spent on the RA and mods? Plus the GSR has SAWC with AYC and more power to boot.
Very true but take into consideration a lot of buyers eying that GSR or TSST equipped MR cannot initially come up with the coin to buy one. Which is why they may settle for the next best thing (Ralliart), adding modifications down the road as their bank account allows.
Now, I can imagine that for the majority of potential Ralliart buyers, going the full spec. coilover and BBK route will probably be cost prohibitive. Not to mention that most of these cars will not set a wheel on a track, in which case going the full monty with coilvers and BBK's is pretty much overkill.
Most owners will settle on a nice set of springs/wheels/tires and some of your more typical drivetrain modifications. And that's fine.
I think what Robispec is trying to showcase is the potential for this car if taken to the next level. And in retrospect, that 'next level' is pretty freakin' high.

Quick Reply: CarandDriver stats