Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

CarandDriver stats

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2008, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
wow almost as fast as a X, wow
Old Aug 15, 2008, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
so the RA will be perfect for you.
If you dont "want " the X, that doesn't mean you can call it like that.
Yours will be then the 30K econobox?
Since your price will be a lot closer to $30K then mine for the $40k...
Not dissing the X at all. Just saying to me for the SST I do not want to go 40k. At that price point there are MANY cars in the want list. My point was that to get the trans at 27-30 is a deal even though you give up the other edgy aspects of the X. If I could have my cake and eat it too, I would get the MR but I just can't justify the price for a daily driver.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by dboz
Not dissing the X at all. Just saying to me for the SST I do not want to go 40k. At that price point there are MANY cars in the want list. My point was that to get the trans at 27-30 is a deal even though you give up the other edgy aspects of the X. If I could have my cake and eat it too, I would get the MR but I just can't justify the price for a daily driver.
I think most RA will be just as fast as the factory evo eventually. After little hook ups.
So i dont see any draw back on that part. The big draw back will be the handling and the car attitude.
And you will miss that one for sure. But for dd. The Ra will be a better choice , if its not an MR.
Straight speed , you will be there easy i think.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by eddie
nope. these things suck gas. I've heard some people will see 24-25mpg highway but not much more. If you want mileage your in the wrong forum.
Car is not even out and you are already hearing people....... talking about specific MPG numbers...... HOW SO???

Yeah the ralliart will suck gas, but officially is more fuel-efficient than the EVO.
Gotta talk about comparable numbers, cause actual mileage will vary.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 11:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by eddie
Very true but take into consideration a lot of buyers eying that GSR or TSST equipped MR cannot initially come up with the coin to buy one. Which is why they may settle for the next best thing (Ralliart), adding modifications down the road as their bank account allows.
Now, I can imagine that for the majority of potential Ralliart buyers, going the full spec. coilover and BBK route will probably be cost prohibitive. Not to mention that most of these cars will not set a wheel on a track, in which case going the full monty with coilvers and BBK's is pretty much overkill.
Most owners will settle on a nice set of springs/wheels/tires and some of your more typical drivetrain modifications. And that's fine.
I think what Robispec is trying to showcase is the potential for this car if taken to the next level. And in retrospect, that 'next level' is pretty freakin' high.
Until now, seeing what a simple chip has done in power to the EVO X, well....looking forward big time for a similar chip to the RA. Easiest mod, huge gains, huge value, too little cost.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
I think most RA will be just as fast as the factory evo eventually. After little hook ups.
So i dont see any draw back on that part. The big draw back will be the handling and the car attitude.
And you will miss that one for sure. But for dd. The Ra will be a better choice , if its not an MR.
Straight speed , you will be there easy i think.
EVO is in another league, and I appreciate that !!
U get what u want and what u pay for.
We know the cost/benefits of both cars, and both will give their owners big smiles.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

I saw mpg figures set at 17/25 per Yahoo Autos. Only 4 mpg off VW GTI DSG figures, which is not bad considering awd and no direct injection. I'm sure 22 will be average with the "I got 30mpg on a xxx mile trip..."
Old Aug 20, 2008, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RS-0
I saw mpg figures set at 17/25 per Yahoo Autos.
That's the official EPA rating.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/