Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

CarandDriver stats

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2008, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CarandDriver stats

I don't know if these have been posted but Car and Driver has their test numbers now.

0-60 5.5 sec.
1/4 mile 14.3 @ 97 MPH
.80g Skidpad (200 ft dia)
70-0 braking 184 ft.
Observed fuel economy 16 MPG

They were down on the tires and too much body roll.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...take_road_test

Last edited by dboz; Aug 14, 2008 at 06:35 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 07:16 PM
Evolving Member

worried about those last 3
.80 not anything special
70-0 braking my SUV does it better
16 mpg is crap..... lets be honest here they observed better fuel economy in the Evo..
Old Aug 13, 2008, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

I agree on all.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

i sure hope something was wrong with there gear on that day... the only thing that is impressive is the 0-60 time.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
as its stands now the 1/4 mile will be an easy fix.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

well thats good news now we got MPG and Stoping to fix haha seems to me by the time u fix all these things a base GSR looks more and more to me...
Old Aug 13, 2008, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoX326
well thats good news now we got MPG and Stoping to fix haha seems to me by the time u fix all these things a base GSR looks more and more to me...
Thats is the point. When actually will match with the EVo numbers , you are basically there already. And you still not rocking the evo.
Mitsubishi is not stupid, they know the tuner market. Fact they even give out evos for HKS -JUN etc even before they start selling them.

The Ralliart will be a great daily driver. Not a good starting platform for racing.
You can make any car for race. But there is the fine balance between :
money - work- your goal.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

The X is a great daily driver as well as long as u can drive stick.... from what i have heard on the forums more then a hand full of people are using the Evo X as a daily driver. I drive a Sti daily no problems im 17 and looking to get either a Ralliart or a Evo x it just comes down to the practicality of the Evo vs the Ralliart. The ralliart give u a big trunk SST trans folding rear seats and more comfy ride for a daily driver while the Evo is a more aggressive/faster/better handling car but doesn't have the same refinement/practicality the RA will have to offer. Just my 2 Cents
Old Aug 13, 2008, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Hopefully the RA will have a stronger gas pedal also!!

http://jalopnik.com/400013/mitsubish...dal-breaks-off
Old Aug 13, 2008, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoX326
The X is a great daily driver as well as long as u can drive stick.... from what i have heard on the forums more then a hand full of people are using the Evo X as a daily driver. I drive a Sti daily no problems im 17 and looking to get either a Ralliart or a Evo x it just comes down to the practicality of the Evo vs the Ralliart. The ralliart give u a big trunk SST trans folding rear seats and more comfy ride for a daily driver while the Evo is a more aggressive/faster/better handling car but doesn't have the same refinement/practicality the RA will have to offer. Just my 2 Cents
Good summation of the differences. I think for my needs the RA will be the way to go. Mostly based on price. By the time I get some new wheels and winter tires I will probably be bumping up against the GSR price, but with a more balanced package. The SST is the big selling point for me at the RA price level. MR way over the top for me as far as price.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

Maintenance costs most be included in the equation. RA 1 EVO 0
The best choice for a daily driver is the RA.

As for modding, well, seems little money and parts will be needed to achieve great numbers on the turbo RA, if u take as an example what people have done with the EVO, such as: +108 whp +99wtq with just a Z CHIP and MBC , +44whp +29 wtq with works flash .

The future looks oh so promising

Go Go
Old Aug 14, 2008, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
Thats is the point. When actually will match with the EVo numbers , you are basically there already. And you still not rocking the evo.
Mitsubishi is not stupid, they know the tuner market. Fact they even give out evos for HKS -JUN etc even before they start selling them.

The Ralliart will be a great daily driver. Not a good starting platform for racing.
You can make any car for race. But there is the fine balance between :
money - work- your goal.
Well, that's not quite true. MMC does not GIVE cars away. HKS and Jun both payed for their cars.
And if your really worried about track times, Robi Fuller of Robispec, while testing and tuning a pre-prod. Ralliart Lancer @ Willowsprings managed a lap time in the mid 1:30's on street tires. The car was also sporting a prototype set of KW coilovers and BBK. If your not familiar with Willowsprings and it's lap times, check out the latest Road & Track mag. and look at the lap times some of the super exotics were putting down. For instance, a 997 Porsche GT3 RS (also sporting factory coilovers, carbon brakes and Supercup tires) driven by a pro driver posted a 1:33:xx.
So does the Ralliart have track potential? Oh yes...
Old Aug 14, 2008, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

this is an old review.
I think there was another one after this review showing the same numbers but
the skid pad was at .89g.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 11:16 AM
Account Disabled

^That one was from Motor Trend.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

^ word...good looking out, Vince
Yeah...hopefully Robi, who has that R/A to test on, will give us some info after they get done with their tests for MMNA.

And to Eddie, I wasn't aware of those numbers, but that is good news.
Thankx.

Quick Reply: CarandDriver stats