Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Canadian Ralliart Trim

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2008, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canadian Ralliart Trim

Hi, guys.

I just went to the Mitsu dealer (Thornhill) and the manager said Ralliart is coming in only 1 trim. And that is "Fully Loaded" . The "Fully Loaded" spec he described is pretty much same as Ralliart Premium + Navi package. His estimated price quoated me is $32,900(MSRP). I'm thinking of placing an order prolly on Tuesday. I wanna hear wat u guys think.

On tuesday, the manager will provide a set date for delievery, set price (MSRP), and the financing rate (so far, he estimated %4.5-5).

wish me luck.

Last edited by rapashoo; Aug 31, 2008 at 07:14 AM.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 08:41 AM

I think that manager is feeding you a load of bs, my dealer showed me the order sheet where they were able to make 3 pre-orders.

there was one that had the navi/premium options "fully loaded".

One with all of the options w/out the navi and one with a few options (not sure which, but I could see it was missing more than the others)

It makes sense for the dealer to only "order" in fully loaded models as they would make more money on each of the sales and likely they'll sell every one that they can get in a for a while, but don't let him bs you in saying that is the only way he can order them.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

That would mean your "fully loaded" car is only $1,000 more than the US market "fully loaded" car, and it probably comes with more content (heated seats, mirrors, etc.)

Interesting.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 08:42 AM

that being said, on this car the option packages are pretty solid and if you can afford it, why not have it loaded?
Old Aug 31, 2008, 08:44 AM

Another thing I was wondering.... Do US Evolution MR's come with Leather recaro's???

Ours have beautiful colored leather/suede recaros and I'm told that the ralliart will be receiving the same treatment, though I have yet to see a pic in any of the review's that show the leather?
Old Aug 31, 2008, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

US MRs have the leather/suede combo Recaros ( I always use to tell girls to feel between their legs when they got in my old MR. First they would look at me weird, then they would go oohh soft!!! (o_O) LOL ) .

I thought the Ralliart would get the cloth Recaros, but the Leather/Suede ones would be a welcome addition.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

wow, $32K loaded? that is too good to be true. for reference, a 2008 v6 accord got quoted at $34K in may, without the navi. i dunno...
Old Aug 31, 2008, 10:47 AM

The rep in Laval (Qc) also told me it will be around 33 000$ and there will be only one more option (navi I think)
Old Aug 31, 2008, 12:03 PM

Hmm that would be a great price to package ratio but am still thinking there must be 2 packages.Unless racing seats and all the other stuff is an Option to buy.Ill be visting my dealership sometimes soon to see whats really going on.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 12:30 PM

thx guys for the thought,

yeah i kinda sense that this manager is trying so hard to get me buy this car. this $32K price is not set tho. just estimated. so ill let you guys know for sure on tuesday. He said max $1500 diff from the estimated price so we will see. (i really hope its true tho..lol) less than $34K for FULLY LOADED.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rapashoo
Hi, guys.

I just went to the Mitsu dealer (Thornhill) and the manager said Ralliart is coming in only 1 trim. And that is "Fully Loaded" . The "Fully Loaded" spec he described is pretty much same as Ralliart Premium + Navi package. His estimated price quoated me is $32,900(MSRP). I'm thinking of placing an order prolly on Tuesday. I wanna hear wat u guys think.

On tuesday, the manager will provide a set date for delievery, set price (MSRP), and the financing rate (so far, he estimated %4.5-5).

wish me luck.
Well, that's a giant load of crap right there -- I have seen the Mitsubishi online ordering system, and watched as the sales manager at my dealership ordered one Ralliart in 'Premium' trim (mine) and another in base trim. Your dealer is almost certainly going to try to sell you the base model (likely MSRP is roughly what he quoted) and claim it's the only one available -- classic "bait and switch" fraud tactic. I'd run screaming if I were you.

Best guess on the Premium Ralliart in Canada would be $38-39k, and it does only come with the navigation system, apparently (in the US they can decide to get that, or not, as a separate option). But hey, if Mitsubishi inexplicably decides to sell them cheaper, I'll be the last to complain :-)
Old Aug 31, 2008, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by aestival
Well, that's a giant load of crap right there -- I have seen the Mitsubishi online ordering system, and watched as the sales manager at my dealership ordered one Ralliart in 'Premium' trim (mine) and another in base trim. Your dealer is almost certainly going to try to sell you the base model (likely MSRP is roughly what he quoted) and claim it's the only one available -- classic "bait and switch" fraud tactic. I'd run screaming if I were you.

Best guess on the Premium Ralliart in Canada would be $38-39k, and it does only come with the navigation system, apparently (in the US they can decide to get that, or not, as a separate option). But hey, if Mitsubishi inexplicably decides to sell them cheaper, I'll be the last to complain :-)

haha thx for the tip. but i would know when i see the RA if it's base or premium. (at least i can tell btw standard seat and RECARO)
Old Aug 31, 2008, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rapashoo
haha thx for the tip. but i would know when i see the RA if it's base or premium. (at least i can tell btw standard seat and RECARO)
Yeah -- the Recaros are the biggest tip-off that it's a Ralliart Premium... that and the (apparently standard in Canada) Nav system in place of the stereo.

If you are thinking of the Recaros, try sitting in an Evo X MR first, because they're not height-adjustable -- the seats in the MR fit me just fine at five foot nine (175 cm), but it was pretty obvious that someone shorter than me or much taller than me (anything much over 6 foot two/190 cm) would be cursing the standard seat height. Apparently not a car for the average woman or short/tall guy, but like I say, try an MR to see if it's an issue -- probably a very subjective call.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by aestival
If you are thinking of the Recaros, try sitting in an Evo X MR first, because they're not height-adjustable -- the seats in the MR fit me just fine at five foot nine (175 cm), but it was pretty obvious that someone shorter than me or much taller than me (anything much over 6 foot two/190 cm) would be cursing the standard seat height. Apparently not a car for the average woman or short/tall guy, but like I say, try an MR to see if it's an issue -- probably a very subjective call.
yeah, the seats are perfect for me too, but a lot of ppl complain about them.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

if you can get a fully loaded one for 32k i would be wondering whats wrong with it.

Quick Reply: Canadian Ralliart Trim